[Guide] The Death Doctor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bongotunadreg

09-03-2009

Dr. Mundo

Infected Cleaver
Dr. Mundo hurls his cleaver, dealing damage equal to 20% of his target's current health and slowing them for 50%.

This skill should be maxed first, it takes practice to master consistent hits. A good strategy is to watch your enemy's movements, and learn to anticipate where they will be next. Try to move around the minions and wait for striking opportunity. It is also good for farming. When chasing, spam as frequently as possible.

Burning Agony
Active: Dr. Mundo drains his health to deal continual damage to nearby enemies.
Passive: Dr. Mundo regenerates a % of his max health per second.

This skill is great for farming, but I give it the lowest priority.

Masochism
Masochism increases Dr. Mundo's physical damage by a flat amount for 5 seconds. In addition, Dr. Mundo also gains an additional amount of damage for each percentage of health missing.

This skill gets 2nd priority, has great synergy with Sadism. Spam frequently in combat to maintain high DPS. Try to time the activation for when you are about to attack, to maximize its efficiency.

Sadism
Dr. Mundo sacrifices a portion of his health for increased movement speed, reduced cooldowns and drastic health regeneration.

His ultimate is a double-edged sword. Use it foolishly and you will be sent to an early grave, use it with precision and you will send your enemies fleeing in terror. For my build, I activate Sadism pre-emptively. This allows him to chase down targets easily, and with cleaver spam they can't escape. The cooldown reduction helps cleaver/masochism spam. Also very effective as a heal, if used correctly.

Builds

Tank
As a tank build, you want to use Sadism later in the fight, since it will be more beneficial in that sense. Typical items would be Sunfire cape, Guardian Angel, Frozen Heart. Runes should also reflect defense.Support
When playing support, you want low cooldowns for Cleaver spam. Frozen Mallet is a good choice to help keep the enemy slowed. Your goal is to hunt down the enemy and consistently slow them. Runes should be primarily Focus or Celerity(Both -cooldowns).

DPS
My personal favorite, with a pre-emptive Sadism you can chase down most any champion. Start off with a Regrowth Pendant to spam Infected Cleaver. Use cleaver to farm minions if the enemy is being evasive. For boots, Swiftness is good, but Berserker greaves will get that damage out faster. I like to start with an Infinity's Edge, but you can easily start with the Phantom Dancer. Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver are great 3rd or 4th items (game shouldnt last long enough for a 4th). The order of skill use for killing should be Sadism, Cleaver, Masochism, then spam and chase. Runes should be Malice (Crit Chance) or Desolation (Armor Penetration). Summoner skills that work well are heal/exhaust/flash.

Team fights

Try to stay at the front line, just behind the primary tank. Your job is to get in, do some damage, then get out. If you went Tank build, you can stay in longer and cast Sadism. If you have healers, use that to your advantage. Mark the weakest enemy and cleaver them, masochism and they are done. At end game with DPS he can take out turrets easily.

Common Mistakes

If you are low on health, and have low maximum hp; NEVER use Sadism when encountering an enemy randomly. Your health will drop, a couple hits and a nuke and you're most likely dead. A good strategy to get away is to throw a cleaver to slow them, then proceed from there. If you have allies nearby it may be a good idea to stay and fight. If you can get away safely, Sadism can heal you and also give you movement speed to escape effectively.

Infected Cleaver can be tricky to aim, make sure when you throw one that the target will stay in the effective area while it's flying. If you can, aim where they will be, not where they are.

Final Tips

Dr. Mundo can be played a number of different ways, Tank, DPS, Support. In any case, you want to use your ultimate wisely. Cleaver is your best friend, I'd say his best skill.

Ryoshi

09-03-2009

This seems to be a pretty good guide, but it seems to lack a decent amount of info. Be sure to have the leveled up abilities of each rank of his skills. For example, his cleaver starts at 20%, but I believe it increases per level.

Also put recommended masteries, recommended skill build, and recommended summoner spells.

I just want you to be able to make the best guide possible. People come to look at these guides with expectations.

Phyrose

09-03-2009

I think that DR mundo priorities are: HP, Hp regen, Atackspeed and a Sunfire (radiance)

I need the best ideas for Hp and Atackspeed for mondo plz? i tought about a malady, but not sure... please help

Vanakin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2009

Stark's Fervor would be a good item for Mundo. 55% AS, 30 Hp/ 5s regen, 20% LifeSteal. Gives him some good hp and helps with his Attack Speed.

Bongotunadreg

09-03-2009

Mundo works well with any build really, the trick is getting good with the cleavers.