RAF Tools (lets you use custom skins)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velkorious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplhaqup View Post
also does anyone know what I can edit a .dds with? so I can make my own custom skins?
Download Graphic Converter X (I use Version 6).

http://www.lemkesoft.com/xd/public/c...lkPTM0NA_.html

It can save and load .dds files. However I use other programs for the actual editing.

FingeredDander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

Well it works! Imagine that.

YSfighter

07-07-2011

Velkor, should we be able to fix the recall button image with this as well?

FingeredDander

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSfighter View Post
Velkor, should we be able to fix the recall button image with this as well?
Good question ^^

Velkorious

07-08-2011

I'm not sure. The image is there, but its size fluctuates - so the problem is different.

I read that it might be a lower-graphics settings issue, but I'll experiment when I get the chance.

Velkorious

07-08-2011

Looks like Riot is storing all the character audio files separately, starting with this patch. And it's REALLY organized too.

StoneOfFire

07-09-2011

<edit> Wow I'm dumb. dyslexia doenst help much, helps if you mod the correct archives tl;dr </edit>

So it has been a whole since I played and in the patch process it broke some of my colorblind mods. I just have to download the latest raf tools set and no big deal right? Wrong.

I am trying to change the game.cfg in 0.0.0.25 and the red minion .dds in 0.0.0.36
I am able to unpack, replace, and repack just fine. The problem comes when I try to play. The game crashes right after champ select.

Bug report includes the following files:
LOL_Public9u7H35U7.dmp*
DL6P06J7.xml
2011-07-09_18-54-40_r3dlog.txt
2011-07-09_18-54-46_League of Legends.log

The last 4 lines of *r3dlog.txt are:
000004.789| 88340.0000kb| 12.0000kb added| ERROR| RADS::Common::FileSysHelper::ReadFileBlockIntoBuff er: fread failed
000004.789| 88340.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| RADS::API::Impl::FileManagedCompressed::FileManage dCompressed: Failed to read file from archive
000005.621| 89636.0000kb| 1296.0000kb added| ERROR| Crash Occurred
000005.621| 89644.0000kb| 8.0000kb added| ERROR| Crash Occurred

That is produced when 0.0.0.36 has been modified to hold red minions. Any ideas?

Velkorious

07-09-2011

Hi StoneOfFire. Thanks for letting me know about this issue. Since a dds is just an image and won't crash a game, I suspect the problem could any 1 of 3 things:
- my program
- a Java version error
- today's patch

If you could do the following:

1. Did you play any games after the patch - before you used these tools? I just want to verify the patch itself isn't to blame, since some other users are reporting problems with it.

2. Can you post the contents of your "rads_user_kernel.log" file? It should be located in your "rads" folder.

3. After you unpack and then repack a program, can you open your Console program? It's located in Applications folder > Utilities > Console. Can you show me any Java messages there? The sender/pid column should look something like:

com.apple.JarLauncher[XXXX]

Thanks!

YSfighter

07-10-2011

Hey Velkor i think that you should mention this on the front page of this thread and the RAF tools thread.

Everytime a patch kicks in - due to the fact that a single file in the archive has changed the patcher spends some time verifying the files in that archive and it takes about 5 mins. Also this could affect patching in the future as Riot is messing around with the archives alot more these days. So it might be advisable for users to restore the original archives pre patch.

I haven't done that and since this patch is pretty large i'm letting it do it without actually restoring the original archive. I wanna see the side effects of it.

StoneOfFire

07-10-2011

Hi,

1) I have played a couple games before I tried to use the tools and everything worked fine.

2) see: http://pastebin.com/kFXBAjJk its long.

3) I'm actually using the tools in Win 7. I haven't ever had a problem before with it. I'm using Version 6 Update 25 32-bit, I'll come back and edit it with my OSX Java info. If they differ I'll unpack and repack in OSX.

[EDIT 1]

OSX is com.apple.JarLauncher[629] I'm assuming that would mean version 6 update 29. I'll check for java updates for Win 7 and see if that fixes it. I will also repack in OSX and drop that into my Win 7 install.

[EDIT 2]

Unpacking and repacking in OSX gives the same result. All I am trying to do is change the game.cfg in 0.0.0.36 so that friendlies are 0 0 255 and enemies are 255 0 0, everything else stays the same. I got the .dds in 0.0.0.25 for the red minions works now without knowingly deviating from what I had done previously.

Thanks,
StoneOfFire