Want to see Zez in the league?

Yes, please! 4 44.44%
Yes, with some changes. 3 33.33%
No thanks. 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Zez, the Calculating Magician

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChinchillaMaster

05-05-2011

He'll need some numbers balanced, but let me know your thoughts.

Zez, The Calculating Magician
Attributes:
Disabler, Ranged, Mage, Fear, Silence, Blind, Blink, Farmer

Abilities:
(Innate/Passive): Magician’s Marks
Zez’s abilities leave marks on damaged units for 6 seconds. After four regular attacks, Zez’s fifth attack can detonate the marks on a unit, causing their effects to occur for 1 second.

Q: Disruption
(Active): Zez sets a point within range from himself and has 1.5 seconds to set another point within his range. Once the points are both set, Zez’s magic deals damage within the triangle that the two points and he create. If Zez doesn’t place a second point, the damage is simply done within a line from him and the point. All units dealt damage are given a mark of obscurity for 6 seconds.
Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10
Range: 600
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 mana
Magic Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+0.6 ability power)

W: Barrage
(Active): Zez shoots out 5 magic orbs that lightly damage the 5 closest enemy units. Enemy units dealt damage receive a mark of mute for 6 seconds.
Radius: 700
Cooldown: 14/12.5/11/9.5/8
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana
Magic Damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+0.75 ability power)

E: Impact
(Active): Zez teleports to an area within range. When he lands in the area, units in a line facing directly in front of him and behind him are blasted with magic energy. Units damaged this way receive a mark of fright that lasts 6 seconds.
Teleport Range: 500
Range of effect: 350 (both directly in front and behind where he is facing.)
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 mana
Magic Damage: 75/105/135/165/195 (+.6 ability power)

R: Detonate
(Active): Zaps all nearby targets afflicted by marks dealing damage and detonating the marks’ effects. Units with marks of mute become silenced, units with marks of obscurity become blinded, and units with marks of fright become feared.
Radius: 800
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Cost: 50/100/150 mana
Magic Damage: 80/140/200 (+1 ability power)
Silence Effect: 1/2/3 seconds
Blind Effect: 1.25/2.25/3.25 seconds
Fear Effect: .75/1.5/2.25 seconds

Physical Description:
Zez wears a silk, shiny green cloak with silver ornamentation throughout it. He carries no weapons. His hood is up but still reveals his squirrel-like, yordle face.

His attack might look like a green beam.

He has a high-pitched yordle voice.

Quotes
Upon Selection
"I grant you my aid, summoner.”
Movement
"Yes, master.”
"As quick as I can.”
"Mmhmm.”
"Distract the enemy.”
"This is probable.”
"Evaluate the circumstances.”
Attacking
"They won’t know what hit em’”
"The moment of truth.”
"This is it.”
"Womp em’.”
"You’re toast.”
Taunt
“Can’t touch this!”
Joke
"Acting without thinking again, eh?”
"Oh my… really?!”
Laugh
Fast, high-pitched giggle.

Statistics
Health 400 (+78) Mana 250 (+58) Damage 48 (+3) Attack Speed 0.625 (+.025%) Range 550 Health Regen/5 secs 5.25 (+.55) Mana Regen/5 secs 4.5 (+.45) Armor 13 (+3.5) Magic Resistance 30 (+0) Movement Speed 310 (+0)

Tips/Ideas on how Zez would be played:
I suspect Zez would be an excellent farmer since all of his abilities involve some area of effect. Try to gobble up money quickly using some abilities when waiting for the ultimate too cooldown so you can cast that on champions.
Zez’s ultimate works like Kennen’s Electrical Surge (Kennen’s W) to some degree. Try using all of your non-ultimate abilities rapidly together to gain all the extra debuffs on enemies when using the ultimate last.
Be careful when it comes to teleporting in with Impact as it can leave you vulnerable. When doing a combo of abilities, try to save Impact close to last before using Detonate so enemies will have debuffs to prevent incoming damage.
Rylai’s Crystal Scepter is a great item for mages and with so much area of effect, getting it for Zez is a must.

Story
Birthplace: Bandle City

Please see the wonderful lore created courtesy of Connartillery below!

OBSERVATION & REFLECTION: Up to actual game designers if Zez's idea would ever be chosen.

Skin Ideas:
Diabolical Zez
Master Warlock Zez

Possible Item Builds:
1) Doran’s Ring
2) Sorcerer’s Shoes
3) Rylai’s Crystal Scepter
4) Rabadon’s Deathcap
5) Zhonya’s Hourglass
6) Will of the Ancients

Crunchy Walrus

05-07-2011

seems like a decent idea... Heres some suggestions though

E: why just in front and behind him? as for the Innate ability, how long do the marks last?

Also, the marks of mute and obscurity would be completely useless because his E applies a fear mark... Fear is better than a blind and a silence because he loses control.... consider making something different like a slow or something.. also with his innate, i dont understand how the "every fifth attack" works... what if his 5th attack is not on a marked target? If he is a caster, he shouldnt be reliant on auto attacks anyways.

Other than that, it seems like a different version of kennen. Very fun ideas though, +1.

If you want, check out my champ as well.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...11#post8629111

ChinchillaMaster

05-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy Walrus View Post
seems like a decent idea... Heres some suggestions though

E: why just in front and behind him? as for the Innate ability, how long do the marks last?

Also, the marks of mute and obscurity would be completely useless because his E applies a fear mark... Fear is better than a blind and a silence because he loses control.... consider making something different like a slow or something.. also with his innate, i dont understand how the "every fifth attack" works... what if his 5th attack is not on a marked target? If he is a caster, he shouldnt be reliant on auto attacks anyways.

Other than that, it seems like a different version of kennen. Very fun ideas though, +1.

If you want, check out my champ as well.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...11#post8629111
Thanks for replying, I left some comments on your champ too!

For the E, I guess I just wanted an ability that was a little unique, and since that's the one that produces the fear marks, I wanted it to have a more restricted area than the other two since I consider fearing to be worse than getting blind or silenced. So when you use the ult, you wouldn't be able to fear everything necessarily, only blind or silence some.

Also, the marks that apply blind and silence last a little longer than the fear mark when used with the ult, so they aren't completley wasted. But your idea for changing it to something else might be better.

The fifth attack idea I put in because, the marks had nothing else to trigger them besides the ult and I thought that passive idea might work. Though I did fail to mention what happens if his fifth attack doesn't trigger. I suppose it could either fade and have to restart or store up until he uses it like Maokai's passive... I guess I'll have to think that over.

And I sure did have Kennen in mind when making him. I loved Kennen's synergy so I tried to make a champ similar yet different.

Thanks again, I'll have to see how I can revamp him in some ways you suggested!

Conncept

05-16-2011

I'm working on a piece of lore. I'll post it when I'm done with it.

불고기

05-16-2011

seems pretty cool but the q ability seems like it would take a huge amount of micro to utilize it correctly. maybe if there was a built in smart cast or something. or just make it simpler to cast a cone infront of him

ChinchillaMaster

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connartillery View Post
I'm working on a piece of lore. I'll post it when I'm done with it.
Thanks a bunch! Out of all my champs, I was hoping you might come up with something for this one! I left a comment for Heddy/Buddy too btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterzz View Post
seems pretty cool but the q ability seems like it would take a huge amount of micro to utilize it correctly. maybe if there was a built in smart cast or something. or just make it simpler to cast a cone infront of him
Thanks for your comment!

Yeah, I'm not sure if it would be hard to make the ability work correctly or not. If not, your cone suggestion would be the back up plan

Conncept

05-20-2011

Woohoo finally got it... this actually didn't take me that long to write, I just had trouble thinking of a story, but once I started the whole thing just rolled out smooth as could be.

Quote:
Zez, The calculating magician

Zez was destined for greatness. Or so everyone said. His mother was one of the greatest sorceress’ of Bandle city, and his father was one of its most intuitive inventors. He was the eldest of the family, future heir and patron. Everyone agreed there was no way that boy could go wrong.

But there was only one miniscule problem most people didn’t know about. Zez couldn’t handle the intricate nuances of invention, and any attempt at sorcery was, at best, laughable. His little sister could produce mana flares that blew mountains into the sky, he couldn’t shatter a glass bottle on a cold day. And any machine he attempted to assemble exploded in the most interesting of ways.

He of course kept this all secret from everyone, he had suspicions that his devious little sister knew, but she hadn’t said anything so he certainly didn’t intend to. Zez had no idea how his parents would react and he never intended to find out. They both taught him everything they knew, his knowledge of both sorcery and technology was vast, yet he just could not accomplish the smallest of feats in either.

Both parents coerced him towards one pursuit or the other; they encouraged him (strongly) to join an academy, his mother of course pushed towards sorcery, and his father naturally towards science. Finally he made the decision to join the academy of sorcery, his father was somewhat dismayed but was supportive, his mother however was more proud of him than she had ever been. In reality he only chose sorcery because he had somewhat less of a chance of killing his classmates in a fiery explosion. His mother praised his decision for weeks anyway, and it only grew worse as his day to enter the academy approached, he finally couldn’t take the guilt of lying to his parents anymore. Late in the night just before he was to enter the academy he took what little he needed in a knapsack, and left his parent’s estate unnoticed.

He had a dream of making himself a simple life in Piltover, of forgetting how much of a failure he was. He made good time during the night, by the next morning Bandle city was out of sight, mountains loomed ahead, he travelled through the small rural towns which dotted the landscape of Yordle Land. It only took a few days of dodging guards and procuring food through questionable means to reach the mountains of the great barrier. Only a short way into the range, he found an ill-fated wagon, at first it looked like an argument was taking place between the passengers, but there were far more people than one wagon could carry. Zez finally gathered what was happening when the real passengers began to exit the wagon and fall to the ground with their hands behind their backs. The victims were two men, one woman, and three girls. The thieves were six men in all.

Zez had never considered himself a hero, with the self-worth his life had instilled in him he barely measured up to normal in his most outlandish fantasies. Yet as he saw things fly from that wagon and heard the terrible things those men were thinking of doing, something awoke in him and he cried out uncontrollably, ordering the men to stop. When the thieves turned towards him in response, all he could manage was a mild squeak. And when they began to approach him, he turned and ran, screaming between labored breaths “What-was-I-THINKING!”

As Zez fled in terror he turned towards a field of large stones, he weaved in-between them and managed to lose the thieves. But pushed onwards he kept running, and soon found that the field of rock curved back around and exited at a small cliff-face on the opposite side of the wagon. He heard the three thieves behind him- confused but slowly making their way towards him, and he saw the three thieves in front of him, sorting through the various high-society frillaries scattered on the ground.

When he saw the wagon his father’s voice began to play in his head, the inner engineer his father had programmed into him suddenly turned on. Within seconds of viewing it he knew it was a solid plank oak construction, varnished quarter inch pine roof, rear heavy, 49.8 inch wide wheels, steel tension locks on each door, two folded iron axels supported by two w-frame tension shocks with 987 potential pounds of tethered compression. 1187.1 pounds in all. Hearing the yells behind him, he knew the other three thieves would arrive in 41.7 seconds.

Zez leapt to the top of the wagon, he released a quick flare of magic at the feet of the three brigands, they growled in anger and each brandished a crude weapon as they quickly swung into the driver’s seat of the wagon, then stepped heavily onto the roof which bowed under their combined weight. Zez seemed to be counting to himself, whispering numbers and calculations. All three crested the roof and held to each other’s shoulder as the wagon swayed under the weight. They teetered closer to the Yordle, who didn’t seem to even notice them and kept muttering calculations as he observed every aspect of the nearby environment. With the slightest movement he stepped back onto the baggage carrier of the cart and lit another small mana flare at the feet of the thieves. All three jumped to avoid the stinging blue sparks. When they landed the roof caved in and several more concussive sparks shut the doors of the wagon and welded the locks shut. The men screamed and cursed as they tried to untangle from each and the splintered wood, the yordle boy dropped to the ground positioned himself at the rear of the wagon.

Forty one point seven seconds passed and the other three thieves finally exited the rocks, as soon as their cohorts in the wagon saw them on the cliff face they yelled “Kill the Yordle!” Not even considering that a Yordle child could be a threat the three jumped simultaneously from the short cliff face, attempting to land behind the wagon, close to Zez.

They made it 1.57 feet from the cliff face by Zez's calculations.

Multiple sparks colored the whole wagon blue as all four wheels popped off the axels, propelling it just short of a foot farther into the air. Zez coolly pointed a finger toward the undercarriage of the wagon which was now in midair, at his eye level. A blue light coalesced around the end of his finger, and then shot sharply through the undercarriage, cutting two bolts cleanly from each of the wide metal shocks. Zez finally smiled and ended his calculative muttering as the end of each spring slapped against the ground with enough force to shatter stone, the carriage rocketed into the air propelled by the released tension. The thieves didn’t even have time to react as the carriage caught them in mid air and rose over ten times its height flipping end over end in the air, the brigands screams echoed for miles as they rose and fell. The now wheel-less box approached the ground only twenty feet from where it had lifted off, just before it hit, another blue beam seared through the undercarriage. The other sides of the springs detached just as before and slapped against the ground, this time with much less force, just enough to rotate it. Vomiting could be heard inside as the wagon landed, now upside-down, with the broken and humiliated brigands trapped inside.

Needless to say in that day Zez finally realized his potential. He accompanied the noble family to their destination in Bandle city and returned to his worried parents. He told them everything and the story of his heroic rescue spread throughout the city. In the end he decided to stick with his decision to attend the academy of sorcery. He was going to prove to the world that circumstances could be overcome, that anyone could succeed, that being born without gifts doesn’t mean you will die without them. He never became a powerful mage, yet he graduated as one of the most successful students of the Bandle academy of sorcery, he knew more spells than any of his professors and won daily sparring matches against fellow students and even his mother, he succeeded and even excelled by his ingenious and calculative use of tactics.

Zez joined the league years later on a dare from his father’s close friend Heimmerdinger. He now works to prove to those in the league those things which he himself proved years ago, heroes choose themselves.

NickPham

05-20-2011

Pretty good. I'm worried that it's a bit too difficult to consistently set off marks.

If you think about it, Kennen can pretty easily stun the whole team with his ult. Zez might end up being more like brand than Kennen.

I like the basic idea though.

If you have some time, could you look at my very first champ suggestion?
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=757559

ChinchillaMaster

05-20-2011

Quote:
Woohoo finally got it... this actually didn't take me that long to write, I just had trouble thinking of a story, but once I started the whole thing just rolled out smooth as could be.
Connartillery, this is brilliant!!! I couldn't have imagined a better lore for Zez! THANK YOU!!!!! You really have some talent! I'll edit the first part to direct any readers to your awesome lore! Let me know if there are some champs of yours I can help with.

Conncept

05-22-2011

Thank-you and you're welcome.