Evelynn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerraceSolace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

Ok so, forgetting about the jungle eve, since I suck horribly at jungling, what would be better? AD or AP Eve? And what build should I use for her? And pointers on runes and masteries?

Just wondering, since I've found playing her to be fun, but I don't know what would really work more. Personally, I like AP more, but AD seems to be interesting as well, however I don't like being countered by one item(Thornmail)..

So yeah. Ideas/hints/tips?

Kryptoknife

05-05-2011

Protip: At the champion select screen *and this is very important* initially click on Evelynn THEN quickly choose another champion and lock in.

</3 for Eve, sorry.

jrhwhite

05-05-2011

I personally normally play eve as AP. With her E you can nuke people down very fast and generally get the kill within the first couple seconds unless the person you are trying to kill is very tanky. The advantage to AD Eve is that she has much more sustained damage instead of a nuke makes her more useful in teamfights if you choose to build tankier.

I normally start with rejuvenation pendant and a health pot and go to a lane. You want to try to choose someone who can control a lane relatively well by themselves because ideally you will be ganking as early as you can. I then build boots 5 if I'm doing well a mejai's and then I start lich bane which an almost essential item for Eve because her q which can be used every .6 seconds with proper CDR will proc lich bane's passive. After that I see how the game is going if I find I'm dying more than I'd like I build a defensive item or continue to build AP.

In my experience other good items for Eve are:
Nashor's Tooth
Guinsoo's Rageblade
any high AP (Rabadons) or AD (I like Black Cleaver for armor reduction) item depending on what you're build is.

Hope that helps a little bit.

TerraceSolace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

I see, thanks jrhwhite, just one question: When would be a good time to start ganking as Eve? At level 4 or something?

Also, to everyone planning to post/already posted: if you're just going to say I shouldn't pick Eve, then please refrain from posting, since it's not about whether to use Eve or not. In essence, such a post is spam, which I don't like.

Jonbro

05-05-2011

Don't forget about Evelynn's ability to counter-jungle in early game, especially if you see that the enemy jungler has no smite.

Tha Dynamite

05-05-2011

This is how I decide between AP or AD:
Is their team 3/2 tanky or 3/2 squishy. If tanky, AD. If squishy, AP.

Against squishies, AP Eve would massacre them. Against tanky champs, AP Eve would massage them.
But AD Eve on attack-speed boosters can take out tanky champs pretty well while still killing squishies relatively quickly.

acosn

05-05-2011

AP: Stronger burst, weaker sustained damage. Mildly weaker survivability.

Generally I don't go AP unless I know there's at least one person I can repeatedly kill, and at least one more I can set up ganks on early game.

I'm looking at you Sona, Teemo, and Ashe without ANY HP items.

AP Eve's core items are boots of mobility, lichbane, and then *something*

Depending on how your opponent's team gears either magic penetration or an AP dump becomes more useful.

AD: Weaker initial burst (See what happens when you use both your ult and youmuu's at the same time when you have an IE) with stronger sustained damage, and survivability.

AD is usually the "safe" build that lets you be useful for something other than tower BD'ing against a tank heavy team.

AD Evelynn's core build is boots of mobility, Youmuu's Ghostblade an then *something*

If nothing else, you'll end up with an Infinity Edge because it's the single best damage output you can use after you have Youmuu's and hit level 6 (which should be done already.) If the other team is HP heavy buy a madred's. If they buy MR after that get a malady.

Thornmail is only a strong counter if you're built poorly. Armor Pen runes, and tank breaking items (Madred's if they're low on MR, and otherwise a Last Whisperer) are a must anyways.

Generally your first item should be a Doran's. Blade if you're AD, Ring if you're AP. If you don't think the lane will be terribly aggressive, or your masteries and runes allow for it, get boots and 3 pots instead.

Boots of Mobility are the only boots you should reasonably consider on Evelynn.

There's no *right* time to start ganking, it's mostly just based on an estimate of other lanes. If you see an easy target go for it. Worst case scenario you force them back to the fountain. At the very least you'd want to be level 2, but I wouldn't wait any longer than level 5 or so. It largely comes down to what potential ganks you have, and how aggressive your own lane is.

As far as runes are concerned, generally I don't like having to buy HP items early, but Evelynn has a chronic problem of having fairly poor HP scaling. To that end literally 3/4ths of my rune book I use for her is HP per level. Once I hit level 18 it's like having a free giant's belt, and generally unless other carries are buying something like a Warmogg's they will, at best, break even with me in HP. The reds I save for armor pen.

As far as summoner spells are concerned I find that Ghost + Teleport is almost a must for Evelynn if you're not jungling. Ghost will save you in more situations than flash will assuming you know what "positioning" is and know how to avoid doing stupid things like face-checking bushes when you know the other team has oracles. Teleport lets you fundamentally be in two places at once, once you get the hang of immediately using the ability right after you hit stealth- it lets you jump in stealthed for an almost un-seen gank.

MuffinButtonYay

05-05-2011

I tend to go hybrid. Trinity Force, Guinsoos, Gunblade.

oblivioncanada

05-06-2011

start with some mana regen and lane(spam q) until you get lvl 2 E(ravage), ability patern imo , Q E W W (max out E) always R when possible then W lastly Q, allow for easy nukes and money racking due to nuke power, also focus full on AP, ull see, its gona be easier and flawless ganks, my best record has been 36 - 2 - 15

NUKE ON!! EVELYN <3

Etherimp

05-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
AP: Stronger burst, weaker sustained damage. Mildly weaker survivability.

Generally I don't go AP unless I know there's at least one person I can repeatedly kill, and at least one more I can set up ganks on early game.

I'm looking at you Sona, Teemo, and Ashe without ANY HP items.

AP Eve's core items are boots of mobility, lichbane, and then *something*

Depending on how your opponent's team gears either magic penetration or an AP dump becomes more useful.

AD: Weaker initial burst (See what happens when you use both your ult and youmuu's at the same time when you have an IE) with stronger sustained damage, and survivability.

AD is usually the "safe" build that lets you be useful for something other than tower BD'ing against a tank heavy team.

AD Evelynn's core build is boots of mobility, Youmuu's Ghostblade an then *something*

If nothing else, you'll end up with an Infinity Edge because it's the single best damage output you can use after you have Youmuu's and hit level 6 (which should be done already.) If the other team is HP heavy buy a madred's. If they buy MR after that get a malady.

Thornmail is only a strong counter if you're built poorly. Armor Pen runes, and tank breaking items (Madred's if they're low on MR, and otherwise a Last Whisperer) are a must anyways.

Generally your first item should be a Doran's. Blade if you're AD, Ring if you're AP. If you don't think the lane will be terribly aggressive, or your masteries and runes allow for it, get boots and 3 pots instead.

Boots of Mobility are the only boots you should reasonably consider on Evelynn.

There's no *right* time to start ganking, it's mostly just based on an estimate of other lanes. If you see an easy target go for it. Worst case scenario you force them back to the fountain. At the very least you'd want to be level 2, but I wouldn't wait any longer than level 5 or so. It largely comes down to what potential ganks you have, and how aggressive your own lane is.

As far as runes are concerned, generally I don't like having to buy HP items early, but Evelynn has a chronic problem of having fairly poor HP scaling. To that end literally 3/4ths of my rune book I use for her is HP per level. Once I hit level 18 it's like having a free giant's belt, and generally unless other carries are buying something like a Warmogg's they will, at best, break even with me in HP. The reds I save for armor pen.

As far as summoner spells are concerned I find that Ghost + Teleport is almost a must for Evelynn if you're not jungling. Ghost will save you in more situations than flash will assuming you know what "positioning" is and know how to avoid doing stupid things like face-checking bushes when you know the other team has oracles. Teleport lets you fundamentally be in two places at once, once you get the hang of immediately using the ability right after you hit stealth- it lets you jump in stealthed for an almost un-seen gank.

This... Also, thought I'd mention a couple of other good items for Eve..

Abyssal Scepter - A lot of MPen (20), a decent chunk of AP and Magic Resist. (70 and 57, respectively). This will increase the effectiveness of ALL of your other AP items, and the MR is nice for a little more survivability. I would almost say this could be added as "Core" for AP build.

Deathfire Grasp - More of a luxury item, but its active is a nice little nuke and it has some AP and CDR.. Not that you NEED the CDR but a little never hurts.

Guinsoos Rageblade - Good for a hybrid build. Adds AP and AD and will become more powerful the longer you attack someone... Not that you should attack someone for an extended period of time, but each additional attack after the first will have more "Uumph".

Hextech Gunblade - Another hybrid item. Nice AP, nice AD, Spell Vamp AND LifeDrain, so ALL of your attacks will be replinishing a little bit of your health, AND it has an active which will damage and slow any enemies attempting to run away.

Megai's Soulstealer - Once you get good with Eve and are fairly confident you can get a large amount of kills+assists without dying, this can dramatically increase your AP. At 20 stacks it gives you a total of +180 AP, along with 15% CDR... Combine this with...

Rabadons Deathcap - +155 AP + 30% of your total AP.. If you have the 180 AP from Mejai's + Lichbane (80 AP) .. Gives you a total of ~538 AP.. Your E will hit so hard you generally won't need much of a follow up to drop people.

Rod of Ages = Good AP, good hp, good mana, and gets better over time..

Void Staff = Gives you a decent chunk of AP, and 40% MR.. Use this over (or combined with) Scepter if someone annoying on the enemy team is stacking MR.

Zhonya's Hourglass = Lil Armor, 100 AP, and an active which could get you out of sticky situations if you get in over your head.

Keep in mind.. Some of these are better suggestions than others. Some are extremely situational. Try different stuff out and see what works for you.