[Champion Suggestion] Nemhain the Alpha Prioress

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katsuni

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroq Wolf View Post
I'd so love to see this. I just browsed this forum for the first time today, after reading your guide to making characters. The game also needs more anthropomorphic dog-like animals in my opinion. :P

I have one question though.

Your Decimation skill has the following text:
Cooldown: Enemies gain a buff that prevents them from being ferally charged again for 6 seconds (Creates a circular timer over their head, shaped like a claw)

Did you intend it to prevent you from doing another Feral Charge, or did you intend it to prevent you from doing another Decimation and mis-type your text? (I'm guessing the latter.)

EDIT: Bah, the Summoner's Code agreement box malfunctioned and I couldn't accept it until after I made this post.
Erm... I think that's a typo from when I changed some of the names. Oops XD

I also forgot to go in and redo her ultimate and a few abilities, which I've been meaning to do, but have been sidetracked for several days and haven't done much champion creation stuffs (though I am toying around with an artillery and poisitioning based champions in initial stages).

The overall purpose of the cooldown system here, is to allow her to use her abilities as often as she wanted... but not on the same target repeatedly. The idea being, that currently, we only have two main options:

A - Can hit a single enemy
B - Can hit many enemies at once

There's not much option there... however, Irelia's dash shows that this doesn't have to be the ONLY way to do things. She's a ridiculously good farmer, since she can farm a whole pack of minions in blinding speed... not through the use of an AoE, but a single targeted ability that can be used multiple times, but only if used in a certain way.

This kind of concept intrigues me, and it seems a perfect fit for a tank... instead of just being like malphite or amumu, where they run in, and do a bit AoE that hits everyone indiscriminately, yeu can instead get the overall effects of an AoE by being able to use a stun or whotever repeatedly... but yeu can't just stunlock a single person indefinitely.

Hence, the method I'd come up with, which allows greater freedom in both offense, and defense, and allows the player to make more decisions while playing.

The typical rage and energy systems just don't quite work right for it though, but my own resource system I tacked on, while effective, isn't a large enough deviation to really be worth making a whole new system, and does remove her ability to use mana-based items.

I'm thinking of doing a total rework, and will probably repost from scratch when I do (or, more specifically, if I ever get around to it XD ).

That being said, thanks for the thoughts on it, and I'll make sure to fix that typo =3

And I can't tell if yeu were being serious or not about the doggies XD

I just felt that the whole hyena thing would be a very simple way to convey the mindset I was aiming for; keeping her feminine without being stereotypical, and giving her a role that is rarely ever seen in female characters in any game due to the bland stereotypical bias people in general have due to our culture.

"Female tank" just doesn't work without a mindset to go with it. Generally, most people will just go with "motherly protector" or "generic tank that just happens to be female but shows no other traits other than the model". I wanted to aim for something that gave the whole "Yeu attacked her children and she is PISSED" kind of dealie =3

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention and thought I had; I'm glad yeu found the guide useful, or at least interesting enough to draw yeu into looking around the forum some. There's some really nice ideas floating around here, and it's neat to see whot people have come up with =3

Amaroq Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2011

Hehe, I was serious about the doggie thing. My name is Amaroq Wolf. I play Warwick as one of my mains (and have both the tundra hunter and firefang skins), and I'm learning Nasus because I like his new, more wolf-like skin. I'm a fan of canines. What can I say? xD

I figured it was a typo, because I figured that that was what you were going for. The context of your whole post made me strongly suspect that it was just a typo, but I wanted to be sure and also bring it up so you could correct it.

She's an awesome concept. And my bias for doggies doesn't hurt any. I'd farm IP for her straight away if I found out Riot was releasing her.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2011

Bump

Amaroq Wolf

06-07-2011

Bump for awesomeness.

Katsuni

06-07-2011

Peoples bumping my stuff and it's not even me O.o

Also, they're bumping something which I still intend to remake heavily XD

Well, at least it keeps reminding me I need to make some adjustments still, though the overall feel I'm hoping to keep mostly the same, just want some more interesting mechanics and synergy built into her spells ^^

I need to work on this still! RAWR! Must remember! Do it soon, semi busy right now or I'd do it this moment XD

Katsuni

06-08-2011

Quote:
I've finally pretty much finished the remake of her, though there are some sections I need to edit and rearrange. As such, I'm placing the ORIGINAL design here as a copy/paste, so that it is not lost, and can be viewed by anyone who so desires to see the previous build before the overhaul.
Well, she's done, after about a week and a half of working on her, I have the first version of Nemhain finished =3

Lore:
Quote:
Just south of the Great Barrier, in the northeastern corner of the Fyrone Flats, lies the barren landscape known now only as Effete. Practically all life was torn violently from it in the last few major magical battles, leaving it stripped bare.
Time, however, has a way of healing all. Even now, scarce vegetation and animal life returns, though much of it is mutated or disfigured.
The only sentient creatures known to live within Effete, are the Ferax, a matriarchal society that resulted from a massive overdose of magical energies within the local hyena-like population of creatures which dwelled there.
Cunning, feral, and ferocious, the deeply religious huntress tribes worshiped goddesses of battle, of hunt, and of terror. These might one day pose a significant threat to Demacia or Noxus, if it were not for their constant infighting between the tribes over minor differences in doctrine, such as how to properly sacrifice a live offering.
This, however, changed, with a Noxian raiding party, seeking a magical artifact of some sort within Effete. Thinking themselves more than a match for the mere ferals, the Noxians immediately sought to exterminate any of the savages they came across.
Several tribes were exterminated outright, until a war matriarch of the Blood Sand tribe stepped forth, and decimated the numbers of Noxus which had plagued their lands.
Nemhain, drenched in their blood and cackling maniacally to herself, realized that the only true way to keep the Noxians from overtaking her homeland and slaughtering her sisters, would be to attend the League of Legends she had heard about from a passing dignitary from Shurima.
Using her strengthened position amongst the tribes, as well as using a bit of leverage to simply 'remove' a few other matriarchs who disagreed with her, she soon managed to bring the tribes together into a rather loose alliance, with herself named as the Alpha Prioress of all the tribes.
With her new title, and newly forged twinned axes "Blood" and "Gore", wrought from the melted down armour of the Noxians, that came with the title, she set off for the league. Perhaps there, she would find a challenge worthy of her taste for battle. Perhaps there, she would sate her endless craving of bloodshed.
Appearance:
Quote:
Nemhain appears as a humanoid hyena, with crimson eyes, heavy black platemail with crimson highlights, and an enormous double headed battle axe in either hand.
Her armour is smeared with blood, and her axes glow a soft red, which glows brighter as her Bloodthirst increases, or dims entirely as it reaches 0.
Quotes:
Quote:
Upon selection:
"Like I need your permission to slaughter them."

Movement/Attacking:
"Why are they still breathing?"
Maniacal hyena-style laughter
"These wretches are unworthy of my blades"
"I can... smell them..."
"My favorite; raw meat."
"Looks like supper's ready then, is it?"
"Praise to the battle goddess"
"She can have their souls, as long as I get their flesh"
"Feed them to me"
"Viscera! Viscera! Viscera!"

Taunt:
"I shall enjoy your life like a fine red wine"

Joke:
"Guess who's in heat?"

Death:
"But they still live!"
Purpose:
Quote:
Nemhain is a hybrid bruiser / tank, and can be built to perform either role admirably. She's best suited to getting into the middle of a fight, and disrupting entire enemy teams. She favours brutal lightning strikes, darting through the battlefield and letting her presence be known throughout.
Unlike many tanks, however, she does not gain an enemies' attention through taunts or stuns, but rather, through being simply flat out too dangerous to be left alive for any length of time.
She is also built with jungling in mind, and can quickly clear through the jungle with limited need to slow down.
Resource system:
Quote:
Nemhain uses a new resource system known as Bloodthirst. She constantly generates a small amount of Bloodthirst, even when not in combat, always constantly growing in need. In combat, her Bloodthirst blossoms with the feast of battle she fertilizes it with.
A crimson "Bloodthirst" bar sits in the standard "mana" bar slot, which holds up to 100 Bloodthirst total. Every second, Nemhain gains 2 bloodthirst, and each melee attack grants her an additional 10 bloodthirst. Cooldown Reduction directly benefits Bloodthirst generation due to her abilities not benefiting from such otherwise.
Stats:
Quote:
Damage 54 (+3.4 / per level)

Health 483 (+86 / per level)

Mana 100 (+0 / per level)

Move Speed 310

Armor 18 (+3.65 / per level)

Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)

Health Regen 1.49 (+0.14 / per level)

Mana Regen 10 (+0 / per level)
Abilities:

Quote:
Passive: Battlelust
Quote:
Nemhain is addicted, pure and simply, to combat. When not actively tearing something apart, she grows impatient, her desire to kill rising rapidly. When shedding blood, it only heightens her desire to kill.
Regains 2 bloodthirst per second, up to 100 maximum. Each melee hit also gains 10 additional bloodthirst. Nemhain gains 0.5% attack speed per bloodthirst. "Cooldown Reduction" directly increases how fast she gains Bloodthirst, both passively and from combat. 40% CDR = +40% more bloodthirst.
Q Skill: Feral Charge
Quote:
Nemhain dashes at a targeted enemy, slashing at them with both her axes and lands behind them. If the target is bloodied, she also slows the target, lasting longer the farther away they are from her initial casting position. There is no cooldown on the skill itself, instead, it can only target individual enemies every so often, as they gain a buff which prevents them from being charged again for a short time.

Range: 800
Cooldown: Enemies gain a buff that prevents them from being targeted by Feral Charge again for 10 seconds (Creates a circular timer over their head, shaped like an axe)
Slow duration: 1.5 at melee, to 3.0 at max range
Bloodthirst cost: 15
Health cost: 2% of maximum health

Rank 1: Charges at the target, dealing 60% (+0.4 AP) of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 20%, and damage increases to 90% (+0.6 AP).
Rank 2: Charges at the target, dealing 70% (+0.4 AP) of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 24% and damage increases to 105% (+0.6 AP).
Rank 3: Charges at the target, dealing 80% (+0.4 AP) of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 28% and damage increases to 120% (+0.6 AP).
Rank 4: Charges at the target, dealing 90% (+0.4 AP) of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 32% and damage increases to 135% (+0.6 AP).
Rank 5: Charges at the target, dealing 100% (+0.4 AP)of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 36% and damage increases to 150% (+0.6 AP).
W skill: Frenzied Strike
Quote:
Nemhain revels in combat, and is not at home unless she's drenched in blood, be it her own, her enemies, her allies, it really doesn't matter. Passively, the lower on health she becomes, the greater her damage reduction against incoming sources becomes. Also, in the heat of her passion for battle, she often finds herself with her jaws upon her enemies' throats, tearing them out whole. When activated, she causes an enemy to bleed for several seconds, healing her for the amount of health lost. (Causes Bloodied effect). Has no cooldown on itself, but is instead prevented from targeting the same target again for a duration. Multiple bloodied targets each heal her individually.

Range: Melee
Cooldown: Enemies gain a buff that prevents them from being targeted by Frenzied Strike again for 6 seconds (Creates a circular timer over their head, shaped like fangs)
Duration: 6 seconds
Bloodthirst cost: 20

Rank 1: Deals 0.4% (+0.02) of target's health per second and leaves them Bloodied. Passive: For every 1% health missing, Nemhain suffers -0.1% less damage from all sources.
Rank 2: Deals 0.8% (+0.02) of target's health per second and leaves them Bloodied. Passive: For every 1% health missing, Nemhain suffers -0.2% less damage from all sources.
Rank 3: Deals 1.2% (+0.02) of target's health per second and leaves them Bloodied. Passive: For every 1% health missing, Nemhain suffers -0.3% less damage from all sources.
Rank 4: Deals 1.6% (+0.02) of target's health per second and leaves them Bloodied. Passive: For every 1% health missing, Nemhain suffers -0.4% less damage from all sources.
Rank 5: Deals 2.0% (+0.02) of target's health per second and leaves them Bloodied. Passive: For every 1% health missing, Nemhain suffers -0.5% less damage from all sources.

E skill: Decimation

Quote:
Slamming an enemy with a fist, she sends the target flying. If the target is Bloodied, also silences them upon landing. Has no cooldown on itself but is instead prevented from targeting the same target again for a duration.
Costs both health and bloodthirst to cast.

Range: Melee
Cooldown: Enemies gain a buff that prevents them from being decimated again for 6 seconds (Creates a circular timer over their head, shaped like a claw)
Ability Power Coefficient: 0.6
Bloodthirst Cost: 15
Health Cost: 3% of Maximum health

Rank 1: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 400 distance away and dealing 40 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 1 second, and damage increases to 60 (+0.9 AP).
Rank 2: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 500 distance away and dealing 60 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 1.5 second, and damage increases to 90 (+0.9 AP).
Rank 3: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 600 distance away and dealing 80 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 2 second, and damage increases to 120 (+0.9 AP).
Rank 4: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 700 distance away and dealing 100 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 2.5 second, and damage increases to 150 (+0.9 AP).
Rank 5: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 800 distance away and dealing 120 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 3 second, and damage increases to 180 (+0.9 AP).
R skill: Massacre (Ultimate)
Quote:
Nemhain quickly grows into a heated passion of battle with every swing of her axes, "Blood" and "Gore", but she is at her most dangerous when her 'children' are threatened, and will tear into enemies with unheard of force. Nemhain lets loose a cry of vengeance and cleaves her axes before her, tearing through anyone unlucky enough to be in the short ranged, forwards arc. Enemies hit take high physical damage. If an enemy struck is Bloodied, they take additional damage based on the damage they themselves have done to Nemhain's allied champions, other than herself in the last few seconds. If an ally dies near by her, this ability is reset and able to be cast once more.

Cooldown: 65 seconds; refreshes if an allied champion dies within sight range of Nemhain
Radius: 120 degrees forwards arc
Range: 350
Bloodthirst Cost: 40
Health Cost: 8% of Maximum health

Rank 1: Deals 175% (+0.65 AP) of Nemhain's physical damage in a forwards arc. Enemy champions which are bloodied take additional damage equal to 30% of the damage they have dealt to allied champions other than Nemhain in the last 5 seconds.
Rank 2: Deals 200% (+0.65 AP) of Nemhain's physical damage in a forwards arc. Enemy champions which are bloodied take additional damage equal to 40% of the damage they have dealt to allied champions other than Nemhain in the last 5 seconds.
Rank 3: Deals 225% (+0.65 AP) of Nemhain's physical damage in a forwards arc. Enemy champions which are bloodied take additional damage equal to 50% of the damage they have dealt to allied champions other than Nemhain in the last 5 seconds.

My Other Threads
:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=698074 Champion Creation Tips v2
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=709040 Noesis, support champion

EDITS:
Quote:
5th May, 2011, 3:30am AST - Set "bloodied" effects to BOLD so that they stand out more obviously and are easier to read. Also, changed Bloodthirst to increasing attack speed, as per my original idea, from increasing healing received. She's hard enough to kill as it is and she needs the attack speed if building tank or jungling.
2nd June, 2011, 4:39PM AST - Minor typo fix on decimate which accidentally made it sound like it screwed up her Q instead. Oops! There will be a heavy overhaul of this champion in the near future if I ever get off my lazy butt and do it.

Updated changelog as of May 5th, 2012:
Quote:
5th May, 2011, 3:30am AST - Set "bloodied" effects to BOLD so that they stand out more obviously and are easier to read. Also, changed Bloodthirst to increasing attack speed, as per my original idea, from increasing healing received. She's hard enough to kill as it is and she needs the attack speed if building tank or jungling.
2nd June, 2011, 4:39PM AST - Minor typo fix on decimate which accidentally made it sound like it screwed up her Q instead. Oops! There will be a heavy overhaul of this champion in the near future if I ever get off my lazy butt and do it.
8th June, 2011, 11:41PM AST - MASSIVE overhaul of pretty much everything to some degree. The original design has been copy/pasted into a reply to this thread on Page 2 if anyone is interested in the pre-changes. The new design plays with her health, as well as her synergies and tankyness considerably more.
9th June, 2011, 12:04AM AST - Update COMPLETED. Took about 23 minutes of work just to get everything updated and correctly formatted.
9th June, 2011, 1:48AM AST - was in bed, and suddenly realized something was very wrong with the design. Got up to check and yep, pure scaling, no innate absorption on her W. Added in 30/level, enough to eat half a standard nuke without factoring AP or MR and such on either side. This may need balance tweaks as I'm half asleep right now, but I don't think it matters how much AP scaling or base power it has if enemies focus fire an enemy due to only being able to block 1 ability per person per 7 seconds. Once again, half asleep so this may not be accurate! XD

20th June, 2011, 7:51PM AST - Many changes here, with a few minor reworks. Not enough to completely replace the champions abilities though like last time =3

- Battlelusts' bloodied effect has been reworked; instead of draining the health of targets for 1/2/3% of their max health every second and healing her for this amount, she now instead lowers their armour/magic resistance by 20%, and reduces their health by 12% of their maximum and heals herself by 12% of her missing health. Each subsequent hit against a target that is already bloodied only gives 4% damage/healing instead. Updated with explanation of the change.
- All abilities with a health cost changed from % of max health, to a lower % of current health. This is twofold, in that she heals far less now than she did before, but also encourages her to stay at low life. Before, the max % with the high damage resistance at low life, literally meant she'd be hurting herself more than the enemies would be, which encouraged her far too much to just not attack at all. This new method, she's far more adept at low life fighting, and can tank significantly better.
- Matronage has had its' health cost removed entirely, as being double penalized for aiding an ally is a really stupid idea, and I think I must have inhaled something from having my window open while living in a ghetto to cause this in the first place. Also specified the 2 second buff duration, which I had forgotten to do so before, despite being very important information to understand the ability.
- Frenzy got some reworks to make it more in line with whot I wanted Nemhain to accomplish in the first place... to punish enemies for not killing the tank (herself) first, and to let her live longer in combat at low life. As such, the damage has been changed from 100/125/150% of her AD, to instead be a flat 125/175/225, which heals her and deals bonus damage if she has allies that are low on health or dead. This change encourages enemies further to attack her first. Also, because she now heals with her ultimate, if allies are harmed or dead, she has reduced damage reduction.
- Also added some minor notes and updates to a few different sections, and completely rewrote her overall purpose section to be more in line with her fully fleshed out form now.

21st June, 2011, 9:40pm AST - A few minor balance tweaks. Bloodthirst costs changed from 40/0/30/35, to 27.5/10/27.5/35. (27.5 is enough for 2 melee hits with 40% CDR to be used). Decimation has had its' individual cooldown increased from 6 to 12 seconds, and some rewording on her ultimate so it makes more sense.

08th October, 2011, 12:55pm AST - Many minor balance tweaks
- Bloodthirst increased to 1000 cap from 100; regeneration to 20 from 2, and bloodthirst per melee hit to 75 from 10. This means she'll generate slightly less per hit as costs are increasing respectively, but the 100 per hit desired amount, will now be reached at 33.33% CDR, which gives her more reason to stack CDR than before. Also, her passive portion, has been changed from 7.5% damage and 7.5% healing on first hit, then 2.5% damage and 2.5% healing on subsequent hits, to 8% damage and 4% heal first hit, and subsequently 4% damage and 2% healing. This makes her a bit more useful in damage, but not overpowering, and keeps her from sustaining indefinately in a dominion style game.
- Feral charge: bloodthirst cost adjusted to 275 from 27.5
- Matronage: bloodthirst cost adjusted to 75 from 10. Wanted this to still maintain 1 hit cost even with the bloodthirst change per hit
- Decimation: bloodthirst cost adjusted to 275 from 27.5
- Frenzy: bloodthirst cost adjusted to 375 from 350. Adjusted so that 1 round of each attack still costs 1 full bar of bloodthirst.
- Consolidated most notes, in a rush though so will be rewriting those later today.
- Re-bolded the bloodied benefits, as this was lost awhile ago.

14th October, 2011, 3:58pm AST - Fixed a typo (missed correcting it last patch) on the passive (thanks Samus93); also doubled the "cooldown" on her ultimate from 6 seconds to 12 seconds.

17th February, 2012, 3:22AM AST - Added a "patch preview" on page 7. Nemhain's finally getting that long overdue rework <3

18th February, 2012, 1:12PM AST - Huge overhaul, see below.

STATS:
- Added level 1 and level 18 stats for her vital statistics scores
- Added X/5sec stats for her health and mana regen scores
- Reduced her base armour from 18 to 16, and scaling from 3.65 to 2.55 due to wanting her to need more items related to defense. She had too much armour when paired with her updated ultimate before.
- Added some notes

BATTLELUST:
- Simplified somewhot.
- Removed the 20% magic resistance and armour reductions. Removed healing from the passive.
- Each non-ultimate ability she has now adds to the effects of the Bloodied status.
- Now gains special Fresh Blood effects for each spell Nemhain has learned, which further changes how her spells are leveled and gives the player more to think about.
- Updated purpose notes.

FERAL CHARGE:
- Slow potency changed from 20/24/28/32/36 to a flat 35% at all ranks.
- Now provides a passive boost to Bloodied effect; grants healing based on targets hit.
- Now affects attack speed as well as movement speed. This makes it more effective in the jungle early game, and further adds to her indirect disruptive playstyle.
- Updated purpose notes.

MATRONAGE:
- Removed the +damage stacks
- Fresh Blood effect now provides an equal amount of magic resist shredding to bloodied targets as this had previously granted damage to herself.
- Changed from a teleport to a leap, so there's an animation time now present. For mechanics purposes, she is still considered to be "present" at the end location as soon as she jumps, as if she had have teleported.
- Now grants her 20/30/40/50/60 tenacity VS intercepted attacks/spells. This allows her to more readily eat CC from allies, without relying on tenacity items to make her effective in combat. This does *NOT* stack with other tenacity effects.
- Updated purpose notes.

DECIMATION:
- Fresh Blood effect now provides armour shredding on kills and assists. 6 kills or assists is enough to provide the maximum stack from zero. This should be roughly the same rate of increase and drop as Cho'Gaths' ultimate.
- Standardized the silence to 2 seconds at all ranks.
- Updated Purpose notes.

FRENZY:
- Simplified the ability somewhot.
- Changed the passive effect to be rolled into Fresh Blood. This allowed it to be increased from 0.2/0.35/0.5 to 0.25/0.45/0.65 for defenses. The attack speed portion more or less has not changed.
- Moved the bonus damage from bloodied targets, to the base damage of the ability.
- The bonus damage has been changed from scaling from her attack damage, to a flat damage bonus, due to the changes to Matronage.
- The new damage ratios are 125-245, 175-375, and 225-505 based on number of wounded/dead allies present.
- This is made with a 5v5 in mind, however, she's built strong enough for 3v3 Twisted Treeline already that I didn't bother to make special changes for such.

Abilities in general:
- Fresh Blood effect added with abilities being more simplified on scaling. This is to give more leniency and options for players to level their spells in the order of their chosing.
- More leaning towards healing, and farther away from raw damage. This makes her a bit tankier, but weaker as a bruiser, which she was a little bit too good at.
- The changes to her Matronage and Frenzy, are such that she's now significantly easier to focus fire down at the start of a fight, but will become nearly unbreakable if left alone towards the end of it.
- She is no longer really encouraged to get Mercs' Treads, and instead is encouraged, oddly enough, to get the newly updated Ninja Tabi, which was nerfed pretty hard.
- Now standardized to do their primary purpose at rank 1; this encourages players to get 1 rank in each, and be able to perform their role properly. After that, ranks are placed, not to amplify the tanky/supporty effect of an ability, but moreso to boost the Fresh Blood effect instead. This gives players more control over their gameplay as the game goes on.

Dremora Brimston

06-08-2011

one as a player who likes to play tanks as i like to support my teamates and initiate and get the damage of my allies and onto me i looked over your champion is great and i like the idea of no cd but at the same time as a tanker having to use %'s of your health can be extremely dangerous in a team fight unless the champion has a very fast attck speed she is going to be using more life than she can tank even with her dmg reduction from her ult it unless its instant in that case shes a uber tank that only some one like cho gath or irelia or vayne can deal with tanks are always a touchy subject since they tend to always have issues but i love the lore and the originality but all in all she would be fun to play : )

NickPham

06-08-2011

The % health costs... I don't like it at all. You say you want the champion to be a tank, but you make her scale negatively off HP? None of the typical tank/support builds are viable, and you become pretty much 100% bruiser.

I see what you are doing, but I really don't approve of giving a hard support skill like W on a "bloodthirsty" champion. It bugs the hell out of me, and I'm not really usually focused much on lore. Throwing the "bloodied" effect into your innate is also strange. Something like that was more suited as a skill.

Tanks are meant to protect your allies but I feel that the average Nemhain player is bound to screw their allies up with a bad knockback a bit too often in light of how much is going on when playing her. I understand that's why you wish to give her the support skill, but it is really unfitting for your concept.

Knockback in itself is an extremely iffy function. I much prefer mini knockbacks like maokai, especially when dealing with something that would be spammed on multiple targets.

One suggestion I can give you is at the very least you can make your champion someone that needs to be CC'd. Basically, like Vayne, if you have some kind of passive that rewards building pure attack speed, then more attack speed oriented builds will become viable. Additionally, if such a passive were to be highly stackable, but short in duration, enemies would have very good reason to CC you or at the very least would be unable to ignore you and tunnel vision an ally.

Katsuni

06-12-2011

Alright, alright, I will give in. Perhaps the % health dealie may be a bit much.

I'm just terrified that her passive will be too powerful if she stops casting and just attacks each enemy in turn, especially with her being harder to kill when low on health. The idea, is that she's actually a lot harder to kill than she really appears, similar to champions like Irelia or Tryndamere.

The big issue that I have, is seeing her with 5 enemy champions each whacked once with a high attack speed, each feeding her 3% of their max health per second, which quickly turns into an enormous amount of health regeneration.

By costing health % to cast, it encourages her more to rely on defenses in the sense of damage reduction, rather than just stacking flat health bonuses, which would make her passive resistance to damage far, far stronger.

The numbers, however, may perhaps be a bit high though. It's hard to say. I'd honestly want play testing to truly be sure one way or the other, because the concept of bouncing around, hitting multiple targets frequently, harming herself, then healing herself, then taking low damage, then high damage, all constantly changing during a battle... it's a little bit past my capacity to theorycraft properly, for as much as I love algebra, I *HATE* calculus with a passion unrivaled by the gods of ancient myth, and they had a really good amount of hating going on. I could do it, with many hours of effort, but I really don't think it'd honestly even help, since theory with this many variables in play doesn't work so well unless yeu're highly versed in chaos theory, and while I've a pretty solid grasp of high energy particle physics, chaos theory is far enough out there, that while I think it's a great idea, I certainly can't use it, and I don't think there's a person on this planet that would be capable of properly figuring out if my numbers are good or not from theory alone XD

That being said, a rough estimate may be at least sort of possible. I'm in no shape to do so this late at night, so shall sleep on it and try to get some thinking done while in bed.

Maybe it is entirely too much... especially considering how fast she spams spells.

Maybe I should re work the passive slightly, so that she automatically heals a burst of health each time she uses an ability on an enemy that is afflicted with Bloodied?

Not sure, shall think it over and try to come up with an answer tomorrow.

Samus93

06-19-2011

Katsuni! great champ man, very impressive. I had a whole heap of ideas about her, and was starting to list playstyles and just a few adjustments for the abilities, and then i found out you had redone it .... brilliant, brillaint idea to keep the old Nemhain available as there are aspects of both versions that i really like, and i think you should try combining them both into one idea, to make this champ really perfect. Honestly, the new one is fantastic, however there is just something special about the old one. Ok well:

The lore is fantastic, simple but very well-written. However, i do think you should further explain Nemhain's purpose in joining the League, and also maybe try to add a bit more sparkle to it in general. Its great though
I love how you've rationalised why you gave her the bloodthirst mechanic, and how you expect her to be played. this is great for any readers who want to know exactly what kind of champ you want Nemhain to be. Moving on from the base concept:

Innate - Battlelust
The whole bloodthirst mechanic is pretty sweet. While i agree with Nick that fury could fit the champ as well, there's something very exciting about a new cost system that actually works. Plus this opens up opportunity for a few new champs: maybe Vlad's vampire friend (a balanced one this time), and another udyr/ww like champ but more dps than tank. But anywayz, the cost sytem for Nemhain fits and it works well, so keep it in my opinion.
The Passive .... well not only is the old passive cooler in my opinion, its way less OP - 3% of health for 6 seconds? thats 18% which you then get healed for all damage dealt, and it can be on all 5 champs (and i'm assuming minions) at once. Ye very very very powerful. Keep the old one, maybe the unit sight from the bloodied effect can be transferred over but the rest of the new passive is just way too powerful, even with the new % health cost's you've added on abilities (which i'll get to in a sec).

Q - Feral Charge
Iike this skill, its great for initiating and swapping targets. the temporary buff that it grants to enemies (like all of your abilities) is unique, but its not fair in a game like LoL. My suggestion would be to keep the 'buff' but add like a 7/6/5/4/3 second c/d to each ability, so they are still quite spammable in all levels but so Nemhain can;t just keep using abilities to remain untargetable and unkillable.
Also i know you made the %health cost on your abilities high to counter your new passive (which it does in a way) you have to remember that you've made it a flat % for each ability that doesn't scale, whereas the passive does, so at one point in the game the passive won't be able to support the huge drains in health, and then at another point the passive will become so powerful that you could constantly use your abilities and never worry about your health dropping low (although i have a feeling that the second extreme will be in effect from the start through to end-game). Also you have to remember that the passive is only activated by basic attacks, so what if you're againt two ranged champs and you want to keep harrassing with your abilities? You wont be able to get enough health back to rationalise using your abilities. I can see why you've made them so high, but i just think that rather than balancing the passive it just makes more issues, and as i think the innate is too strong anyway, i think it'd be easier to return to the old innate and health costs. Keep Feral Charge's other stats how they are, as the slow duration and bloodthirst cost make much more sense the way they are currently. And this isnt really necessary as i think its quite strong as it is, but you could have Ap scaling like the old ability, and make it (+ 0.2) and (+ 0.4), but ye i dont consider this to be as important as the other changes.

So basically: add a short cooldown on this ability (flat 4 seconds or scaling, i dont care which) while keeping the current buff system you have. Lower the Health cost (2-3%) and maybe the Bloodthirst as well (30?), and add in AP scaling (+ 0.2) and (+ 0.4 for bloodied).

W - Matronage
Sweet ability, although between this and Q i don't think you'll be stationary much, making this guy's playstyle very interesting. I like the passive attack boost, however thats almost as good as an Infinity Edge at rank 5, which is quite strong if you think about it. However you have kinda balanced the ability as a whole quite well, especially for a support ability, so I don't really have much to say about it except that it should still have a bloodthirst cost (around 20-25) with a health cost about the same as Q (2-3%) and add a cool-down (again similar to Q). Also I'm assuming that this abilities duration lats fo about 5 seconds? This would be preferable, as you could then make the ally 'buff' last 10 seconds (like Q - making some nice links between the two abilities arent we) meaning that your ally is protected for half the ability cooldown, which is quite good when comparing to other support abilities (and remembering that you can have this on muliple allies at one time, just like your Q).

E - Decimation
Another ability thats great for this champ, pretty simple concept that works. However can i request that you make the range a flat 400 at all levels? thats still quite a large knock-back (almost as big as lee-sin's i think) and it just means that you don't have too much scaling on one ability. Plus 800 range is a looong way everything else seems fine, just lower the %health cost a bit, and add another bloodthirst cost (about 30 again i reckon - that way your offensive abilities cost more than your supportive, encouraging players you to help your team) oh and as knock-backs are very strong (essentially a suppression that also displaces the enemy) and this one is even stronger due to the added silence, i would have a c/d on top of the enemy buff that scales down to a minimum of about 8 seconds (seems high compared to the playstyle you're going for, but with CDR thats about 5.5 seconds and besides knock-backs are very strong). Plus make the enemy buff about 12 seconds ..

Ultimate - Frenzy
Ok as Ultimates go this is pretty boring. A flat 150% of AD at level 3? gotta be the most UP and boring ult in the world. and the passive is just..... well to be honest the passive is quite confusing. I'm assuming that its active at all times? cuz in that case, the passive is extremely OP - you would take 52% less damage when below 20% health, and 64.35% when at 1% health. On a tank, those numbers are gonna make a huge difference. Add on top of that the % increase in AS and you have an extremely powerful passive, especially when combined with your already OP passive .... and 75 Armour and Magic Pen? thats a lot dude, many people dont even reach that high when playing DPS champs (glass cannons). dosnt sem fair to me at all .... In my opinion you should just keep the old Ultimate, reduce the AP scaling on it to (+ 0.5) and add in the current %AS increase. The refresh by allied death is great too, but add a 10 second c/d for that as well (so you can't just abuse it in a team fight). That would be a nice ability, and from what i can see, balanced - the current one just isnt.

In Summary, you have an awesome champ here wouldnt be surprised if it was the best on this forums. The whole bloodthirst thing is amazing, and really fits the character and brings an awesome new idea to the game. It also fits the role that you want nemhain to fill, which is great. I do think that your abilities cost way too much health to cast, and you could utilize bloodthirst a lot more than you currently have. I also can't decide whether i liekd the old Nemhain better than the new one or not, as the current one has a better playstyle (more potential to support allies) but the older one wasnt nearly as broken so .... i dunno. If you decide to go with my above recommendations then great, but maybe give Nick or Chinchilla a holla and see if they will back up what i say - i do only do this as a casual thing (and sadly i dont get as much time as i would like) so i could be mmistaken on a few points. But ye, excellent champ man, I hope that Riot takes a look at this suggestion, and i will be adding to my list of great champs, you're second to do so gl man

12345612 ... 13