Manamune: Who do you build it on and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rahgar

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXenocide View Post
jiji builds it on him
So if a high-elo streamer does something, it's law?

It's a very situational item. If Jiji does well with it, more power to him, but it's not the best item for Udyr.

Nanoburd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

I get it on Janna either mid or late game to push lanes harder. It depends on what's happening in game. I start with tear just cause it solves my mana problems.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahgar View Post
So if a high-elo streamer does something, it's law?

It's a very situational item. If Jiji does well with it, more power to him, but it's not the best item for Udyr.
Are you ******ed? He asked if its viable on Udyr, I answered. Take out your tampon please

Motyapa

05-04-2011

No one.

I don't play the champs it's good on, so I don't buy it at all.

Epic Dancing Guy

05-04-2011

You do AD damage? You spam your skills to do your damage? You have a mana pool?
If you said yes to the three of them, get it.

Qwid

05-04-2011

Jarvan, along with CDR/defense items like frozen heart and banshees veil, gives unbelievable spammability on abilities, and the extra mana pushes the total added AD from manamune to 70+ in late game.

acosn

05-05-2011

Manamune is good on any character that can build it early without becoming a useless POS.

For this reason it's good on Urgot, Corki, and just about any flavor of blitzcrank (1000 mana and free AD is hard to say no to.)

It's OK on Sivir. Ultimately she's an odd duck in that she's generally just a poor PvP character but makes for a great pusher. Because she can use that huge mana pool it gives, and fill it out early, it fits into just about any build of her. For the sake of argument, I'd rather see a sivir blindly rush a manamune over, say, a phantom dancer, but only after she grabbed a chalice first.If by some freak of nature you're a hot shot acing the other team and initiating team fights? No. You'd want a more front-loaded AD based weapon. Ultimately Stark's and Bloodthirster(s) end up being much more "core" items than a manamune.

I also keep staring at Evelynn, swearing there's a way to make it work on her because she has literally no trouble farming it out with pain spike. I just find that sheen > Lichbane for AP builds, and Youmuu's > IE ends up working so much better in most cases.