Sona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerraceSolace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

I Either start with Meki or Mana Manipulator, depending on who I'm laning with, and then build either Archangels or Soul Shroud. Then I usually build a Shuryelias, and sometimes Mejais if I feel like I'll get loads of assists (or ks..whoops, Q+Passive is a menace). After that it's usually Morello's and then I just go with what the game demands (massive AP if I get loads of early assists, or more support if the game isn't going that great).

Don't be discouraged if you're at the 15 minute mark with "only" 2 or 3 assists and maybe 1 or 2 deaths. Late-game, if your team picks up, you'll get 20+ assists in no time.

Always be sure to have your passive ready, and watch out when near minion waves, since Sona can sometimes fire her passive faster than you can react, hitting a minion and thus wasting it. Try to get the passive which is required for the moment. Q-passive = pokes & early lane harass, W-passive = teamfights on the most dangerous enemy, E-passive = chasing, slowing the running champ.

And of course, AIM HER ULTIMATE!!! That's one of THE things that make Sona either a waste on a team, or a massive addition to them. If you can't aim the ult, or time it, you're pretty much useless. Try to get as many of the champions in the ultimate, whilst paying attention to the positions of the team.

Sona is easy to play, yes, but playing her WELL is another thing. It's one thing to button mash to get what you want. It's another thing to time the button mashing.

Hotdogs

05-05-2011

not viable

Kirby4Life

05-10-2011

This is my Aura SONAta build:
#1 Mana Manipulator
if your doing good-------------------if your doing bad
#2 Mejai's Soulstealer-------------#2 Tear of the Goddess
#3 Leviathan---------------------------#3 Spirit Visage
#4 Boots of Swiftness--------------#4 Boots of Swiftness
#5 Soul Shroud-----------------------#5 Soul Shroud
#6&7 Aegis of the Legion and Will of the Ancients(Make one then the other)
---------------------------------------------#8 Archangel's Staff (Should have max tear by now)

As for the skills i max out W then Q then E and get R whenever.....
Runes are Magic Pen Marks (red), Mana Regen Seals and Quints (yellow and purple), Abillity Power Glyphs (blue)

Masteries is 8/1/21
Offence:
Deadlyness 1
Archmage's Savvy 3
Sorcery 4
Defence:
Mender's Faith 1
Utility:
Good Hands 3
Perseverance 3
Expanded Mind 4
Meditation 3
Insight 1
Quickness 3
Intelligence 3
Presence of the Master 1

Summoner Spell :Heal and Clarity

michelada

05-10-2011

-mercury threads
-soulshorud
-archangel
-shurelyas
-mejaias
-guardian angel

leave ap items for last

summoner spells-flash/CV

FlyingFortress

05-11-2011

I stopped using cdr blues in liu of all the cdr items she gets, went with ap.

Firstly she has mana issues, secondly,I read in a math thread she needs ~100 ap to have an effective heal/harass(compared to needing 300 ap for the same effect pre-buff), thirdly, she needs cdr and defensive stats.

CDR is most important for effectiveness, but it comes. Don't worry if you're a little low when you start.

I build tear first for the mana, then CDR boots, then spirit visage. Finish the archangels staff, and around midgame you'll have a good balance of stats. Once you start teamfights, consider mejais or leviathan if you're winning. If not, aegis and starks. But you want to build those anyway. Get blue whenever possible. Get a Shurelias or a Glacial shroud for the last 15% cdr, its up to you. Glacial will give more AP (via Archangels) and armor, shurelias will give you that clutch speedboost and more hp. We all love hp.

As always, wards wards wards. You want to have about 4 on you to keep the river lit up throughout mid-game.

Karp

05-11-2011

Start with mana regen item
Philo stone
ToG
CDR Boots
Aegis
AA
Upgrade philo stone to that new tenacity whatever

Luk Candy

Recruiter

05-11-2011

get lichbane, and high ap combined with survivability.
Sona is the only support character who can dish out a ton of damage while not loosing her role.
my build:
ionian boots
lichbane
RoA
Rylai's
Rabadon's
then a situational item (banshee's, GA, void staff)
I never spam skills, usually I keep attacking and healing in case someone gets severely damaged.
behind a good tank, Sona can never let the team die and do a ton of damage

Reek

05-11-2011

There are 2.5 ways to build her, in my opinion. The first is support:

Archangel, cdr boots, glacial shroud/spirit visage (depends on other team's damage). After that you'll want mr or armor depending on which you are lacking, then AP or auras.

The second is as either AD burster or support burster:

If AD - Doran's blade, sheen, cdr or AS boots, vamp scepter, infinity edge, then whatever you think you need.

If support - the same as the first build, except you rush a sheen as your first item.

Alternatively, if you are getting fed early with the burst builds, you can go with a hextech gunblade after your sheen.