Sona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hwa Ryun

05-04-2011

I just had a little question about her. How viable is she in higher tier play? I tried her out today in a couple of games and just love her. And what would be the best starting items for her?

Woooooosh

05-04-2011

I just started on Sona too, button mashing at its finest. I don't have many games with her, but archangels helps a ton. Morello's evil tome is a nice fit, its basically infinite mana, and many many spams. Don't know what to pick up for survivability though. She is super super squishy, luckily you have pretty much no reason to be near a fight

meneroth2

05-04-2011

spirit visage is pretty good item as a first item with her, it gives health and mana and i think it gives cooldown 10% (not sure on that one)

by itself thats pretty much all you need till mid/late game as far as survivability though. just build morellos and archangels and you can really do whatever you want with her. she's nice in that she can be built really alot of different ways because she is a very conservative champion (your never gonna be in the front lines) armor and MR is always great, but not hugely neccessary on her because she can heal soooo often. if you do finding yourself needing armor or mr in large amounts, well, its cause you arnt following your tank enough.

michelada

05-04-2011

build utility and defense early game forgot all ap items once u get at least 3 core items then change to ap, mejaias its great for sona.

RoflTroll

05-04-2011

Archangel
Soul Shroud
CDR Boot

gives you a nice amount of HP, MP(and regen) and 39% CDR with 9/0/21 (or 36% with 0/7/21 + 2)

After that build survivability like Banshee.
AP items that might be worth considering would be Mejai and Deathcap because of how powerful they can be for one slot.

Amiithystine

05-04-2011

SS, Boots of swiftness (With MS quints, I am a bit of an MS *****), Shurelias reverie, Aegis of the legion, Rylais, ect.

Enjoy your 3k+ HP Sona.

Opheliac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

Archangels, Sorcerers boots, Will of the Ancients, Rabadons, and whatever else you can afford

your team will thank you because they will never, ever die.

Yana Chang

05-05-2011

Doran's Ring with Mana Regen masteries, and AP Quints/Blues will get you 47 starting AP with a Level 1 Q aura (Basically a free blasting rod at level 1), and pushes your mana regen to about 15-17 if you have mana regen/level yellows.

You basically start off with 47 AP (8+ AD/AP for your lanemate as well), 550 Health, 300-320 Mana, and 15-17 Mana regen every 5 seconds... Conserve your Q harass til about level 3, and then if you can, try to zone out the enemy champions with a constant threat of high-AP Q/Passive hits. A Good combo from you ALONE will take about 30-50% of the enemy champions health (Depending on health/resistances, ofcourse)

I ALWAYS go Dorans Ring, CDR/Merc Treads (Your choice), Tear of Goddess, Start Rylai's with Giant's Belt (Dont really need to rush AP with free AP from quints/AP/Q levels), Finish Rylais, Finish Arch Angels, Start Either Death Cap (If not being focused), Banshee/GA (If being Focused) and end with whatever you want at this point. Good Aura Items on her would be like Soul Shroud (If being focused), Aegis (Always a good boost alongside your Q and W auras), and Will of the Ancients (If your team is AP heavy)

Yana Chang

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by meneroth2 View Post
spirit visage is pretty good item as a first item with her, it gives health and mana and i think it gives cooldown 10% (not sure on that one)
Spirit Visage does not give Mana. Health, Magic Resist, and CDR are the stats it gives.

HybridMalice

05-05-2011

I see sona as super support, so I always start mana manipulator with her if lane partner has mana. I've had some fun times with sona and I find it's all about the assists. Mejai is almost a must, because she can get so many assits. I find that after I get tear I have almost all the mana i need (along with mana regen seals). I find once you hit about 200 ap your q starts to hit squishies really hard, they don't really seem to expect it too, especially lower elos.

Will of the acients sounds interesting, more auras are always better I reckon.