Want to see Marek in the league?

Yes, please! 1 20.00%
Yes, with some changes. 2 40.00%
No thanks. 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Marek, the Desert Wanderer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChinchillaMaster

05-04-2011

Added some pictures of what he might look like.

Marek, the Desert Wanderer

Attributes: Tank, Melee, Blocker,Slow, Snare, Knockback, Support

Abilities:

(Innate/Passive): Resistance
Marek takes 40% less damage from turrets. (Might need something different)

Q: Pummel
Marek thrashes a unit in front of him knocking them back. If the unit collides with terrain, including temporary terrain, the unit takes extra damage.

Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Knockback distance: 650
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 mana
Damage: 60/80/100/120/140 (+.5 per ability power)
Damage when colliding: 80/120/160/200/240 (+.5 per ability power)

W: Sand Spike
Marek conjures forth a pyramid to rise from the ground that becomes impassable temporary terrain. When it rises, it knocks units forward, backward, or sideway depending on where they stand I proximity to the pyramid’s point. The knockback doesn’t deal damage.

Center of Wall Range: 800
Wall Dimensions: 300x300/350x350/400x400/450x450/500x500
Wall Duration: 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds
Cooldown: 18 seconds
Knockback distance: 450
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana

E: Quicksand
Marek enchants a patch of ground to morph into quicksand. Enemies that pass through are slowed and lightly damaged. After 2 seconds, any units within the area are locked in place for .5 seconds. Duration of the area lasts 2.5 seconds.

Range: 650
Radius: 350
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Damage per .5 second: 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.2 ability power)
Slowed Movement: 16/18/20/22/24 %

R: Sandstorm
Marek summons a massive sandstorm that covers a large area. The enemy units that pass through the area are not visible to ones outside of it. All allied units are hidden from enemy units not in the area as well. (All units in the area are visible to each other.) Additionally, the marked area slows enemy units’ attack speed and movement speed. (Enemy turrets will still reveal units close enough to them in the area.)

Range: 900
Radius: 800 (or about as big as trundle’s contaminate?)
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Duration: 6/7/8 seconds
Cost: 150 mana
Slowed Movement: 15/20/25 %
Slowed Attackspeed: 10/15/20 %

Physical Description:
Marek is a younger adult--human. He skin is rather tan and he wears only arab-looking pants and cloths tied around his mouth. His hair is short, dark and spikey. He’s built like a bodybuilder. He might also have some sort of armored bands or gauntlets on his fore-arms. His color theme would be orange.

He attacks with his fists.

He has a deeper voice.

Quotes

Upon Selection
· "You call upon me?”
Movement
· "On it.”
· "(grunts)”
· "Careful...”
· "I’ll get things started.”
· "Out of the way.”
· "Right.”
Attacking
· "I’ll make them crumble.”
· "They’ll beg before the end.”
· "Here I come.”
· "Pathetic.”
· "Heh heh heh.”
Taunt
· "Is this all the league has to offer? Hahaha!”
· “You are a fool to challenge me.”
Joke
· "I’ve been frightened more by dessert rats.”
· “(humming) Dust in the wind…All we are is dust in the wind!”
Laugh
· Hardy laugh

Statistics
Health 454 (+102) Mana 200(+40) Damage 60 (+3.4) Attack Speed 0.625 (+.023%) Range 125 Health Regen (per 5) 7 (+.85) Mana Regen (per 5) 4 (+.42) Armor 14 (+3.5) Magic Resistance 30 (+0) Movement Speed 310 (+0)

Tips/Ideas on how Marek would be played:
· Though the suggested way I said to build Marek was tank, he could probably be built several other ways.
· Try using Marek’s three non-ultimate spells together. You could apply quicksand to slow a champion down to use sand spike that will knock a champion closer to you. Lastly use pummel to slam them back into the terrain you’ve created with the spike for extra damage.
· Marek’s passive makes him more durable to tank turrets, so take advantage to help your team take one when no minions are around to target.
· Marek’s ultimate works somewhat like brush, only you and your allies have the advantage while enemies are slowed and unable to see each other if not inside it. Place it well.

Story
Born/lives in Shurima Desert
(In the works… ideas?)

"." -

OBSERVATION
(In the works… ideas?)

REFLECTION
(In the works… ideas?)

Skin Ideas:
Pharaoh Marek
Sultan Marek

Possible Item Builds:
1) Doran’s Shield
2) Ninja Tabi
3) Banshee’s Veil
4) Sunfire Cape
5) Frozen Hear
6) Thornmail

Spiderfist

05-04-2011

Hey, I made a Desert Wanderer too.

And surprisingly, they're nothing alike.

Icraig33

05-07-2011

hmmmm... sand seems to be a popular theme nowadays...

Zanza Sanada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinchillaMaster View Post
Hello all, thanks for stopping by and giving feedback. (Especially with the numbers, I'm bad at balancing) Thanks in advance! You can check out my other champ too!

Marek, the Desert Wanderer (Yeah, need help with a cooler name)

Attributes: Tank/Bruiser, Melee, Blocker,Slow, Snare, Knockback, Support

Abilities:

(Innate/Passive): Resistance
Marek takes 40% less damage from turrets.

Q: Pummel
Marek thrashes a unit in front of him knocking them back. If the unit collides with terrain, including temporary terrain, the unit takes extra damage.

Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Knockback distance: 650
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 mana
Damage: 60/80/100/120/140 (+.5 per ability power)
Damage when colliding: 80/120/160/200/240 (+.5 per ability power)

W: Sand Spike
Marek conjures forth a pyramid to rise from the ground that becomes impassable temporary terrain. When it rises, it knocks units forward, backward, or sideway depending on where they stand I proximity to the pyramid’s point. The knockback doesn’t deal damage.

Center of Wall Range: 800
Wall Dimensions: 300x300/350x350/400x400/450x450/500x500
Wall Duration: 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds
Cooldown: 18 seconds
Knockback distance: 450

E: Quicksand
Marek enchants a patch of ground to morph into quicksand. Enemies that pass through are slowed and lightly damaged. After 2 seconds, any units within the area are locked in place for .5 seconds. Duration of the area lasts 2.5 seconds.

Range: 650
Radius: 350
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Damage per .5 second: 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.2 ability power)
Slowed Movement: 16/18/20/22/24 %

R: Sandstorm
Marek summons a massive sandstorm that covers a large area. The enemy units that pass through the area are not visible to ones outside of it. All allied units are hidden from enemy units not in the area as well. (All units in the area are visible to each other.) Additionally, the marked area slows enemy units’ attack speed and movement speed. (Enemy turrets will still reveal units close enough to them in the area.)

Range: 900
Radius: 800 (or about as big as trundle’s contaminate?)
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Cost: 150 mana
Slowed Movement: 15/20/25 %
Slowed Attackspeed: 10/15/20 %

Physical Description:
Marek is a younger adult--human. He skin is rather tan and he wears only arab-looking pants and cloths tied around his mouth. His hair is short, dark and spikey. He’s built like a bodybuilder. He might also have some sort of armored bands or gauntlets on his fore-arms. His color theme would be orange.

He attacks with his fists.

He has a deeper voice.

Quotes

Upon Selection
· "You call upon me?”
Movement
· "On it.”
· "(grunts)”
· "Careful...”
· "I’ll get things started.”
· "Out of the way.”
· "Right.”
Attacking
· "I’ll make them crumble.”
· "They’ll beg before the end.”
· "Here I come.”
· "Pathetic.”
· "Heh heh heh.”
Taunt
· "Is this all the league has to offer? Hahaha!”
· “You are a fool to challenge me.”
Joke
· "I’ve been frightened more by dessert rats.”
· “(humming) Dust in the wind…All we are is dust in the wind!”
Laugh
· Hardy laugh

Statistics
Health 454 (+102) Mana 200(+40) Damage 60 (+3.4) Attack Speed 0.625 (+.023%) Range 125 Health Regen (per 5) 7 (+.85) Mana Regen (per 5) 4 (+.42) Armor 14 (+3.5) Magic Resistance 30 (+0) Movement Speed 310 (+0)

Tips/Ideas on how Marek would be played:
· Though the suggested way I said to build Marek was tank, he could probably be built several other ways.
· Try using Marek’s three non-ultimate spells together. You could apply quicksand to slow a champion down to use sand spike that will knock a champion closer to you. Lastly use pummel to slam them back into the terrain you’ve created with the spike for extra damage.
· Marek’s passive makes him more durable to tank turrets, so take advantage to help your team take one when no minions are around to target.
· Marek’s ultimate works somewhat like brush, only you and your allies have the advantage while enemies are slowed and unable to see each other if not inside it. Place it well.

Story
Born/lives in Shurima Desert
(In the works… ideas?)

"." -

OBSERVATION
(In the works… ideas?)

REFLECTION
(In the works… ideas?)

Skin Ideas:
Pharaoh Marek
Sultan Marek

Possible Item Builds:
1) Doran’s Shield
2) Ninja Tabi
3) Banshee’s Veil
4) Sunfire Cape
5) Frozen Hear
6) Thornmail

ChinchillaMaster’s other champions:
Mist
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=643852
Name: Brag'ladesh? Sinval? Turan?

Passive: Okay. This skill has its uses and lack of uses as well. Since this would be totally focused upon pushing lanes and just destroying turrets. Would mean your worse in Champion Vs Champion situations, but early game, you can push someone back to their Turret and keep there there. Because of the simple fact your getting almost 50% of its damage mitigated. This is glaringly overpowered in that sense. Maybe a different type of passive? Like a Armor and Magical Resist boost that goes up with your level? Or some other factor. Since a static 40% is a lot to reduce right off the bat.

Pummel: I like this skill a lot. Reminds me a lot of Poppy's charge ability.

Sand Spike: Okay, this would be a great escape mechanism. But shouldn't it do more then just make a giant Pyramid? How about cause them a slight amount of damage? Or a small slow? Since the knockback doesn't seem like that great of a distance. But it must obviously knock a lot of targets around if they are standing right ontop of it. I like it.

Quicksand: Perfect slow and DoT in my opinion. Would work perfect with Sand Spike, could be a good snare for a gank and also for escaping.

Sandstorm (R): Now this is a very interesting ultimate. It doesn't do any damage or some such. Just render's targets unable to see what happens in it's large radius, and slow down enemy one's. I personally think that Enemy's located within should take minor damage for being inside the storm. Since sand is pretty damaging when its whipping around in your face/eyes and other soft parts. (That is just a maybe. Never been in a Sandstorm, so. No idea myself. :P)

Conclusion: I really like this character a lot! I take it he is mainly to be a Tank. Which his skills offset his Passive a bit. But it still feels very very strong to have a static amount at level 1.

Keep up the good work!

Mooninites

06-10-2011

tank, bruiser, and support?

what type of fantasy world do you live in?

BMoneySwanson

06-10-2011

cool concept, but too many roles, his ult ult is a rip off of nomad from HON

ChinchillaMaster

06-10-2011

Quote:
Passive: Okay. This skill has its uses and lack of uses as well. Since this would be totally focused upon pushing lanes and just destroying turrets. Would mean your worse in Champion Vs Champion situations, but early game, you can push someone back to their Turret and keep there there. Because of the simple fact your getting almost 50% of its damage mitigated. This is glaringly overpowered in that sense. Maybe a different type of passive? Like a Armor and Magical Resist boost that goes up with your level? Or some other factor. Since a static 40% is a lot to reduce right off the bat.

Pummel: I like this skill a lot. Reminds me a lot of Poppy's charge ability.

Sand Spike: Okay, this would be a great escape mechanism. But shouldn't it do more then just make a giant Pyramid? How about cause them a slight amount of damage? Or a small slow? Since the knockback doesn't seem like that great of a distance. But it must obviously knock a lot of targets around if they are standing right ontop of it. I like it.

Quicksand: Perfect slow and DoT in my opinion. Would work perfect with Sand Spike, could be a good snare for a gank and also for escaping.

Sandstorm (R): Now this is a very interesting ultimate. It doesn't do any damage or some such. Just render's targets unable to see what happens in it's large radius, and slow down enemy one's. I personally think that Enemy's located within should take minor damage for being inside the storm. Since sand is pretty damaging when its whipping around in your face/eyes and other soft parts. (That is just a maybe. Never been in a Sandstorm, so. No idea myself. :P)

Conclusion: I really like this character a lot! I take it he is mainly to be a Tank. Which his skills offset his Passive a bit. But it still feels very very strong to have a static amount at level 1.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks so much! I've been dying for some feedback on this champ for awhile! Yes, the passive may need some tweaking as well as a few other abilities. Maybe giving the ult some very light damage could be a good idea. The reason I didn't have the sandspike doing much damage is because it makes a wall (which a few lol champs have that do no damage at all such as Anivia's) and is more to be used in combination with the pummel for extra damage there. I'll definitely try to use some of your ideas when editing him. Thanks so much!

Quote:
tank, bruiser, and support?

what type of fantasy world do you live in?
Haha, you know. I'm not entirely sure why I said he was a bruiser come to think of it. But, I do want him to be tanky and his moves are definitely supportive. Thanks for the input.

Quote:
cool concept, but too many roles, his ult ult is a rip off of nomad from HON
I guess his main focus is support/tank. As for the ult, I've never played HON, so if it's similar, I wouldn't know! Sorry. Thanks for input though.

ChinchillaMaster

06-10-2011

Added a few sketches of what he might look like

xKyo

06-22-2011

i like this character alot its very unique the fact his cooldowns are so long makes him viable since his abilities all are CC related. Instead of Sand what would you think of a swamp theme. Sand spike could be Mud Spike, Sandstorm could be Dense Fog, quicksand could be Swamp i dunno about the names i suggested but his ultimate would work nice with Fog. lol just idea haha good concept

ChinchillaMaster

07-12-2011

Edited. Bump!