Ez: Is he really that easy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0z1ll4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

I just bought EZ after playing him on a friends account. For some reason i just fell in love with him. I love his play style and I'm trying to get good with him.

I have some good games but as a whole with all the other toons i have picked them up rather easily and found a comfortable build for the ones i like playing. But with EZ i am all over the place. Cant really find anything how to build him. I either need mana, not enough dps, or to squishy.

I've looked all over the forums/youtube/mobafire...ETC... and found a bunch of info on him (old), all really differing opinions.

can he still compete at high levels in ranked?

I even tried vooyboy's build and im not really clicking with it.

can any GOOD Ez's with a decent ELO ranking give me some strats or even meet me in game to go over how to build/play this wonderful champ?

Would appreciate it.

Thanks,

lmaonade200

05-04-2011

I'm at a pretty low Elo atm, but I've seen some EZ's here, and also in higher Elo streams too, so he should be pretty viable (to answer one of your questions )

Silent Reaper

05-04-2011

He's pretty good at high elo. His mobility from his Spells (arcane shift and mystic shot) make him extremely viable in terms of dealing damage and beig able to survive.
I don't like Voyboy's Ezreal guide but that's just me.
My Elo is ~1520 atm, so I think it's pretty decent the build I use for Ezreal is the following..
Red & Quints - Flat Damage
Yellow - Per level Armor
Blue - Per level MR

Masteries 21-6-3

Spells: Flash + Ignite

Items:
3x Dorans Ring
Berserker or Mercury Boots
Last Whisper
Blood Thirster
optional items: Banshee, Frozen Mallet, Blood Thirster, Trinity Force

I used to love getting sheen but now that I have a new habit of playing Ezreal, Sheen in truth isn't really that great of an item. For farming, using the Flat Damage Runes, Dorans item at level 1, you're looking at 80 Base damage which should make last hitting a breeze with your auto attack.
Save your mana for harassing your opponents mostly.

Try to stay in the back of teamfights and if the enemies try rushing you just arcane shift away and keep baiting them.
P.s.Arcane **** overides terrain passages, meaning you can jump over walls which in *theory* you should not be able to.
P.P.S. USE SMART CAST. I MEAN IT!!!!!!

Too L4g1t

05-04-2011

Ez is my most played champ what i found out that works well is skipping the brutalizer completely and just going from Dorans Blade->lvl1 Boots-->wriggles->zerks->triforce->then from there get either more ad from a BF recipe or get some MR/armor.

You usually want mid and need to harass a lot. you use your blink (e) to line up your combos. Also in team fights save your blink for better positioning/escaping. you rarely want to blink into the fight. One last thing I use only ad runes, att speed, and armor pen so my level 1 damage is really good.

Anyway hope this helped!

M0z1ll4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

thanks guys. this was a little helpful. 2 things...

1.) what is straight damage runes? isthat attack damage?
2.) what is smart cast?

thanks,

KyranX

05-04-2011

Well I am not even ranked so its up to you whether or not to take me seriously.

Brutalizer and Sheen are my core items for Ez. I heard Chauster rush for Brutalizer. Well I get my Sheen first then Brutalizer. With these two items AD Ezreal just dominates mid game. In any case the rest of my items I just wing it and adjust to what my opponent is getting. When I first played Ezreal I was also all over the place with my build. Well the thing is that for Ezreal, your not really all over the place with your build, your actually more flexible in counter buying what your opponent has.

The role of Ezreal is really to harass constantly. In team fights Ezreal pokes at the enemies until you can Arcane shift into the midst for a quick clean up. In any case, Ezreal is a high teir character since he can literally kite all day then arcane shift in for the kill.

Kuryaka

05-04-2011

Sheen's more of an earlygame item than anything. Once you start getting AD items, it loses its effectiveness. That is why you can build it into Triforce.

XTreeX

05-04-2011

lol just for the pun: he is called e-z for a reason thumbs up if u agree or get the joke lol

JayAce

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr33f4ll View Post
thanks guys. this was a little helpful. 2 things...

1.) what is straight damage runes? isthat attack damage?
2.) what is smart cast?

thanks,
1. Yes, Attack Damage runes. But Armor Peneration Runes are usually better. Loads of reasons why.
2. Smart casting is when you hover your cursor over the enemy and press 'Q' and it uses Mystic Shot. Normally you would have to press 'Q' and left click in the vicinity of the enemy to use Mystic Shot but Smart Casting cuts down on the time of your spells. After using Smart Casting on Ez, I fell in love with it. But one disadvantage is that you can't see the range on the skillshot. If you have default keybindings I think its Shift + Q, Shift + W, etc.

fr33f4ll

05-05-2011

wow ok thanks ill give that a try.

Last night i tried you guys' build. first game went 11/2/18 next game 8/1/11 -

I think this has got it! thanks a ton.

I will try out the smart casting thing tonight!