Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Amumu + rylai's interaction?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryke

03-08-2010

I was wondering if rylai's scepter would be good for an AP Amumu. The single target slow is irrelevant because of bandage stun. Is the 15% slow from tantrum worth it? Also, do despair and ult proc rylai's each tick?

Amranu

03-08-2010

ult wouldn't really matter, despair probably would though yes

Live4evil

03-08-2010

Despair does proc Rylai's.......

NoobOverlord

03-08-2010

15% aoe slow doesn't really matter. If u want to slow get phage. Still, rylai''s is a good item for any AP champion.

Stalos

03-08-2010

Despair procs Rylai's.

Argent Shaman

03-08-2010

If you're going AP Amumu then yes Rylai's is a great item to get on him as it gives decent AP, survivability and a slow, all of which Amumu likes. If I remember correctly Despair does indeed proc Rylai's but I may be mistaken, I'll have to test it out in a bit when I get home from work to confirm that.

What I would recommend though is that you get one or two Rod of Ages though before getting a Rylai's as they are much more beneficial early. But either way Rylai's is a good item on AP Amumu.

~Argent

Walt Whitman

03-08-2010

Quote:
Stalos:
Despair procs Rylai's.

Came here to say this. Amumu is so slow though that unless you get boots of swiftness they can run away. the AP on rylai's does give a nice little boost on the despair damage though.

The SHP

03-08-2010

karthus's defile, mundo's burning agony, and singed's poison trail all proc rylai's only on the first possible tick of damage after activated, they don't sustain the slow. Despair should be the same way, so you'll get a slow on anyone in range of despair when you first turn it on, but there should be no new slow on any target beyond that.

If you keep flipping despair on and off, each time it's flipped on it should slow everyone in range tho, which makes it possible to practically sustain the slow. Not really recommended, since it takes away some dps, and jamming the button to keep toggling despair could take away from your gameplay, but it is worth noting that if you wanna slow everyone just turn it off then back on.

bad element

Recruiter

03-08-2010

yep it works and yep i use it

if anything just to make ppl go wtf

Tryke

03-09-2010

That sounds good, I'll give rylai's a try next time I play Amumu.

On a somewhat related note, does spamming despair or other toggle abilities affect a tear of the goddess/archangel's staff? I'm thinking it would be OP, but despair does have a cooldown, so...