Hybrid Akali vs AP Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lmaonade200

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulminati View Post
Start with doran's blade to activate passive.
Mejai's if you're doing good
Sheen
Merc treads
Rylai's
Hextech revolver if you need more spell vamp
Lich bane
Abyssal Scepter/Zhonyas hourglass
Upgrade revolver to gunblade

So long as you have sheen (for the burst) and rylai's (for the slow) you're pretty much golden. Everyting else is just gravy on top. Check out the Akali By the Numbers guide on leaguecraft.com for some nice theorycrafting.
Why not double proc passive through runes and masteries and free your first item slot up to more useful items like amplifying tome + pots, or even better, boots + pots

Ulminati

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaonade200 View Post
Why not double proc passive through runes and masteries and free your first item slot up to more useful items like amplifying tome + pots, or even better, boots + pots
You'd have to lose either your MPen reds and a quint (with a subsequent drop in actual DPS since your'e mostly magic damage) or go flat dam reds and deep into offense (and I'd rather go deep utility for extra CDR or deep defense for notbeing splattered all the time).

Personally I run 10/20/0 ignite+flash, grab a dorans blade and use ignite when I try to burst down people to activate the second part of my passive before I buy AP items.

Azaer

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulminati View Post
Start with doran's blade to activate passive.
Fun fact: Akali can set off both of her passives with runes alone.

Luk Candy

Recruiter

05-05-2011

rageblade is completely useless on her, since you're not going to be in a fight for long to stack it up.

Rekia

05-05-2011

Akali is a good hybrid champ. It's a matter of playing style and ability.

My normal Build:

Sorc boots
Hextechx2
MSS AND OS(you can take these out and get more ap, if you desire.)
And LICHBANE(recommended)

The last item can be played with, between Lichbane, GA and Deathcap.
This build gives you a very good survivability. The only thing is, is that your performance is heavily dependant on early game. I'll admit, its a crazy build, but if you have through ability to do it well, than do it. It's VERY strong. You can easily wrack up penta, and quad kills. The hard thing is if you're focused too much or if your teammate feeds; the former can be avoided with coordinated team fights. I win 7/10 games that I play with this build, even if someone feeds a little more than is anticipated. Another thing to point out is that runes are important to this build. You want at least 20 AP from runes alone and 10 spellpen, as well. This will give you a heavy edge on early game. While using this build, you have to be clever. To many screw ups will make you useless. It IS an effective build.

Please, do not regard it lightly.

Pylar

05-05-2011

You should try to go double penetration on Hybrid Akali.

Rekia

05-05-2011

Also, ignite/exhaust summ. Spells.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pylar View Post
You should try to go double penetration on Hybrid Akali.
But I don't want to share her with anybody.

space bbang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

ap is the way to go.
pro akali guide: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=250

Corseth

05-06-2011

A good while ago someone did a very nice comprehensive chart. What it showed was that AP provides the best burst up to around 200-250 AP. However after that you get more burst from adding AD rather than going to 300 AP. This isn't just sustained damage, this is her actual burst; the more AP she gets, the more effective AD becomes. For instance, buying a BF sword at 300 AP added a significant amount more damage to her combo than going to 400 AP did.

Akali does well with AP items but if a game goes long you should add AD rather than super pumping AP.