Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

armor penetration cap?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrrZ

03-08-2010

is it true that armor penetration is capped at 40%? so that makes getting other arpen than last whisper useless

i've seen top elo players build brutalizer and lw at the same time, r they nubs or arpen isn;t caped?

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

03-08-2010

armor pen is not capped

See how it works here (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287)

Breaku

03-08-2010

Armor pen cap? Well, I suppose that it would be however much armor the target has!

TrrZ

03-08-2010

ty

Azelf

03-08-2010

There's no hard cap on armor pen, but last whisper, being the only thing that gives percentage armor pen, only gives 40%, so that's a 'soft' cap on percentage penetration.

Other than that, no.

papermark

12-20-2011

with the new masteries at least % armor penetration caps at 46 you can get 10 % from masteries and 40 % from LW but you can't get the 50% just 46% I still don't know if flat armor caps

YOCHOC

09-27-2013

What about Darius' Passive on his e? does that stack with last whisper?

ELG Pikato

08-11-2014

Black cleaver and other items stack up armor penetration on hit.