The absolutely cheapest most useful runepages for new players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakonblackblade

05-05-2011

Cant blame you BUT.

When i played Diablo 2 some items had variable stats. 1-20% more armor and such. The ones with 20% costed the double from the others and were called ''perfect''. ''Perfect Shaco'' and such (yes shaco) . I once had some boots with 198% more defense with the variable being 100-200% . Noone bought them as perfect. ( I mean 4 armor more when the amount on hero could be 6000, come on).

The concept is. If there is a higher value and u want to be the best you can, you get the highest.

Tier 2 is way worse than tier 1 in cost/effect but with that logic noone has Tier 1 runes after a while.

And if cost worries you, get 3x Avarice Quints. The cost is minimal , fit to everyone , solid.

Silent Reaper

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchGroin View Post
Situational. Pen is pretty much universally good. it's not worth the 3 or so last hits I whiff during the laning phase to lose that. (there ARE exceptions... AD is great for some junglers, mostly trundle, since he basically gets double the benefit from it. More actually, if you add the q steroid)

Great guide though, I agree with basically everything here. flat armor and MR/level are DIRT cheap. (If you ever want to jungle, flat armor is basically required for every jungler.) Those pen runes make a MUCH bigger difference than they have any right to. They will make the difference between a first blood and death.
Well, flat Damage Runes on Reds and Quints gives you +15 Base damage at level 1. Plus since armor pen can'tmake you do more than your normal auto attack I can usually get 100 minion kills by the 15 minute ark with no problem.
Plus each one is 210 Ip and you can always buy last whisper in game...

DA

05-05-2011

Your caster sets are OOM like a fiend with no mention of mana regen yellows or mana blues.

Overall solid though.

Dakonblackblade

05-06-2011

Doran ring , or boots +potions as a start.

malphismia

05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA Monkey View Post
Your caster sets are OOM like a fiend with no mention of mana regen yellows or mana blues.

Overall solid though.
they buffed champion's base mana regen, and nerfed MP5/level seals/glyph runes.

NickPham

05-06-2011

Nice! This is the exact runepages I recommended to all my friends when they turned level 20. It's unfortunate that all the allrounder quints are so expensive, but when they just turn level 20, they only have 6 of each slot and 2 quints, so it're pretty manageable to start them off if they saved their money.

DA

05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
they buffed champion's base mana regen, and nerfed MP5/level seals/glyph runes.

Hence why I mentioned flat mana blues.

tp27

05-07-2011

thx Im level 18 and saving for these...

Brontobeuf

05-30-2011

Don't save. Just buy.

manwhat

05-30-2011

Important information for buying runes, though:
If you're below level 20, or low on IP, fill up on tier 1 runes. Tier 2 runes are a waste of your IP, but a tier 1 rune is actually a little better than half as good as a tier 3 rune. Having a page of full tier 1 is better than halfway as good as all tier-3.

So use tier 1 runes, then once you hit level 20, get tier 3.
NEVER NEVER NEVER buy tier 2 runes.