New Patch causing SEVERE FPS issues

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

Agreed. God knows why they changed it. It worked PERFECTLY fine to me. The new one takes like 10 seconds to load and has like a 2 second delay when I click.

LTDiamond

05-06-2011

I post in every one of these I can. Same issue. started 6 months ago. Riot why do you continue to release new champions instead of addressing the widespread playability issue first?

Nephian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

I should also mention that my loading time has gone from a reasonable 10 seconds to an annoying 1 minute. I've defragged the game directory, exempted it from virus scans, etc - to no avail. The problem is how the new patch interacts with / manages my system resources.

Discipol

05-06-2011

same

PotassiumGallium

05-06-2011

/bump

HaPi NiNjA

05-06-2011

Me too

Skorn

05-06-2011

bump

BananaFuton

05-06-2011

Also having these issues.
Post load-screen lag as everyone else has stated.
My average fps has dropped close to just 10 during the laning phase.
Teamfights drop to 5ish(right click to win champs are now my friend)

I did not have these issues before the launcher change. Also relevant to the issue, the migration failed and I reinstalled from scratch.

MCXL

05-06-2011

Today I played a ranked game at about 3pm West coast time. 60FPS flat, as usual.

Tonight, I cant break 15 fps. I turned everything to low, and lowest resolution and I got it up to 20..

WHAT HAPPENED?

I tried restarting multiple times, and updating drivers but something changed.

I am gonna uninstall and re install and try it again.

GREAT.

EDIT: MAGIC

I don't know what caused it to work, but it is now.

BlobPower

05-07-2011

So i took a break for 2 weeks from LoL and when i come back i'm forced to use the new patcher, yay...

Seriously, what were/are the devs thinking? When the new patcher was released for testing, i tested it and my result was that i got much less fps with it. Then i looked in the thread about the patcher and i saw that i wasn't alone. So i thought it's a known issue and would be fixed before the new patcher is launched for everybody. Without thinking futher about it, i restored my backup and played with the old patcher.

Now with the new patcher, i only played a custom game to check it out. Before my fps were low, yes, but went up to 40+ when there wasn't anything happening, and average at 25-30 when laning. Now the max is 32 fps and it stutters(down to <20 fps) when i'm doing jungle creeps. Before and after the patcher, everything set to lowest of course.

Looks like i'm going to extend by break to some years, < 20 fps when there's more than my champ on screen, is just unplayable.

PS: My hardware is a Core 2 Duo notebook 1.8 Ghz, 2 GB RAM and an intel GMA 950 graphics chip, and yes i know the graphics chip is the problem

123456 ... 10