New Patch causing SEVERE FPS issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rorcin

07-01-2011

I have the same problem.

thermodynamix

07-04-2011

Bump

Vaanelo

07-05-2011

I got a top end comp, I don't experience fps drop all the time but on rare occasions, the FPS drops to like 40 just scroll around the map. It doesn't make sense....

Other than that it stays at 60fps all the time. I think it is a graphics bug.

SmedesYork

07-05-2011

riot sucks they dont fix anything

thermodynamix

07-07-2011

UPDATE POSSIBLE FIX:

I think I found the answer to my FPS issues... my laptop was overheating! I'm guessing that the recent patches (starting with Nocturne patch), have some graphical upgrades that tax my system extra hard... or maybe it is getting old (it's only about 10 months old though).

Anyways, I propped up my laptop to provide more air circulation and so far my last 2 games have been FPS-drop free (it used to drop every game)! Hoping this is a trend, will update if it goes back to its fps-dropping ways.

I figured this out because one day I had a pretty long session playing League and then all of a sudden my laptop just shutdown due to heat. The next day, one game I was playing the FPS was dropping. I would restart my client but it would come back faster and faster, worse and worse. My laptop felt very hot so I propped it up, and my FPS drops went away. Since then I've tried 2 full games with my laptop propped up and have been FPS-drop free.

So if you have a laptop (or a poorly cooled desktop), try increasing airflow or getting a cooling pad.

BTW I send a support request to Riot and they responded saying they do know of the issue, but not sure when a fix can be made. So hopefully they can make a client side fix, but in the mean time, try my suggestion for extra cooling.

swimjtp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermodynamix View Post
UPDATE POSSIBLE FIX:

I think I found the answer to my FPS issues... my laptop was overheating! I'm guessing that the recent patches (starting with Nocturne patch), have some graphical upgrades that tax my system extra hard... or maybe it is getting old (it's only about 10 months old though).

Anyways, I propped up my laptop to provide more air circulation and so far my last 2 games have been FPS-drop free (it used to drop every game)! Hoping this is a trend, will update if it goes back to its fps-dropping ways.

I figured this out because one day I had a pretty long session playing League and then all of a sudden my laptop just shutdown due to heat. The next day, one game I was playing the FPS was dropping. I would restart my client but it would come back faster and faster, worse and worse. My laptop felt very hot so I propped it up, and my FPS drops went away. Since then I've tried 2 full games with my laptop propped up and have been FPS-drop free.

So if you have a laptop (or a poorly cooled desktop), try increasing airflow or getting a cooling pad.

BTW I send a support request to Riot and they responded saying they do know of the issue, but not sure when a fix can be made. So hopefully they can make a client side fix, but in the mean time, try my suggestion for extra cooling.
im glad to read that riot knows about this problem. ive always propped up my laptop, but i still get those fps drops

thermodynamix

07-18-2011

Well another update. Still got FPS drops with my laptop propped up today (haven't played in over a week).

Anyone else having more success?

Reiyson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2011

I got the same problem too. It got worse when the previous leona patch came in, then it got less when leona came out, but it still persist. I hope it gets fixed. It drops when I get in the battle or when alot of spells are being used. I cleaned out my computer and everything. Its not like this when I play vindictus.

Here is my file