New Patch causing SEVERE FPS issues

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nephian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

Description of problem
After updating my League of Legends client to the latest version, I am experiencing FPS drops, "rubber banding" and lockups within the game client. I am having a 100% occurrence rate of severe FPS drops & lockups during the first 10-30 seconds of any LoL game session that opens. The game will thereafter "rubber band" into the 100+ fps range for a brief period before stabilizing around 60. At some point during every game, the game client will lock up completely, dropping all input and remaining locked for a further 10-30 seconds. There appears to be no specific in-game situation causing these performance issues. Network latency appears to spike during the "rubber banding" period, although this is likely a result of the game client locking up and the FPS display attempting to "average out" the reported network latency.

Steps to reproduce
1. Play a game of League of Legends
2. Experience "post-load screen" FPS lag
3. Randomly experience 10+ seconds of 0 FPS

Edited DxDiag.txt suppled -- extraneous info removed

Blizzaray

05-04-2011

I have the same issue

Skorn

05-05-2011

same here it always locks up at about 2 mins its strange

Adhunt

05-05-2011

My friend has had FPS issues and found that since one of the patches it caused a driver conflict. Once he removed his old ATI drivers using driver sweeper (leaving just his current Nvidia ones) it fixed his issue. This had not happened before despite both drivers being present.

Lustdemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhunt View Post
My friend has had FPS issues and found that since one of the patches it caused a driver conflict. Once he removed his old ATI drivers using driver sweeper (leaving just his current Nvidia ones) it fixed his issue. This had not happened before despite both drivers being present.
New Machines with Vista,that have NVIDIA i do think remove drivers apon new driver updates or installations I just got new drivers for Nvidias 6100 405 onboard chip set, but having issues in game big time now.Old driver was also doing it so this is why i went for new drivers which are 270 drivers i believe.Also Riot is leaving us in the dark about these bugs and screw ups so maybe we should find other games to go play and maybe spend money on.

dead mutation

05-05-2011

[QUOTE=Lustdemon;8557061]New Machines with Vista,that have NVIDIA i do think remove drivers apon new driver updates or installations I just got new drivers for Nvidias 6100 405 onboard chip set, but having issues in game big time now.Old driver was also doing it so this is why i went for new drivers which are 270 drivers i believe.Also Riot is leaving us in the dark about these bugs and screw ups so maybe we should find other games to go play and maybe spend money on.[/QUOT

when is dota 2 out?

darkzero225

05-05-2011

Same problem here.

Multigrain

05-05-2011

Me too D:

DisIsLomLom

05-05-2011

me too

Nephian

05-05-2011

Bumping to show people they're not alone with this.

12345 ... 10