Regarding: Evelyn jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spitƒire

05-03-2011

(this is based off http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=715920 ... just trying to get a point across. Please read the post before you reply and vote. Also, please do not flame ... keep it a polite discussion, I want to see other people's comments in an intelligent fashion. Thanks!)

Ok, a lot of people seem confused as to what Jungling is. Jungling: To jungle is to gain your main experience by killing creeps in the jungle rather than killing minions in a lane.

Now what is the job of a Jungler?

• To kill creeps
  • To gank enemies
  • To counter-jungle if needed
  • To temporarily take over lanes when needed

Can Evelyn do all of these things? Yes! Can she do all of these things by herself? Yes!

Based upon the previous list and questions, is Evelyn still able to jungle? YES!

Now that we have established Evelyn CAN jungle the question remains ... should she?

While it is true other jungle champions may have a stronger start, Evelyn brings a whole new mindset to the game. Even while in a lane the enemies may be hesitant to push far into lane due to her increased ability to stay out of sight. In lane it can get predictable as to when she is setting up a gank or not due to very obvious patterns (how often she goes into a bush, if she backs up to go stealth, how long she has been missing, etc).

While jungling she can gank at any time, which creates an aura of constant doubt in the enemy. Since Evelyn is not tied to a lane she can come from anywhere and literally any time ... it makes it much harder to predict since you have no "base line" to deal with viewing her (like in lane).

Due to her strong stun and reasonable burst damage it is very easy for Evelyn to punish a player for staying in their lane too long, overextending, or just being careless. Her innate ability to stun, burst, and be quick on her feet lets her more effectively gank at much lower levels than most junglers.

So back to the question, should Evelyn jungle? YES! She provides ganking support early and can more effectively roam while maintaining that level of insecurity for the enemy. And this is all while being able to kill creeps for jungle exp.

How is she more effective at ganking low levels? Take Warwick for example: His ability to stay in jungle is amazing, but look at his ganking ability. Almost nothing early game. Why? He has very low movement speed and only decent damage ... his only form of CC is at level 6. Evelyn can get her CC at level 1 or 2 and can gank at that level.

Ignore for a moment who said what ... when presented with the following scenario, please give your feedback.

Person 1: "There are three types of junglers. The control/sustained ones, the ganking ones (which are the ones who rush clear and gank), and then there are the omni junglers (who run around focusing on controlling space and turf)."
Person 2: "So Evelyn is an Omni Jungler."
Person 1: "Sort of ..."

Wait, doesn't Evelyn fit that description EXACTLY? She runs around controlling lanes by ganking (and the "fear factor"). That means by Person 1's description Evelyn is indeed a jungler.

Person 1 was Stonewall .... so he confirmed HIMSELF that Evelyn is indeed a jungler, but he denied his own logic.

That is only but one example, I can type more out.

Don't get me wrong, Stonewall is a great player, the point is showing how even popular players who are considered the "go-to" person are very stubborn and this leads to misinformation ... which in turn can lead into problems for the game (ex: people suddenly complaining about an "OP" champ immediately after it hits a certain tier list ... but that topic is for another thread).

BigBlueBunny

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitsEnd View Post
Person 1: "There are three types of junglers. The control/sustained ones, the ganking ones (which are the ones who rush clear and gank), and then there are the omni junglers (who run around focusing on controlling space and turf)."
Person 2: "So Evelyn is an Omni Jungler."
Person 1: "Sort of ..."

Person 1 was Stonewall .... so he confirmed HIMSELF that Evelyn is indeed a jungler, but he denied his own logic.
An excellent example of taking something out of context to meet your own goal.

He goes onto say
***i'm hesistant to call eve a jungler
***because that path is FAR too reliant on the situation
***like a roamer is on not being eaten
***too many things seem to have to fall right for you
***in order to succeed
***eve vs nunu seems lopsided if she's going to roam half the time
***Trundle will eat her if they face each other
***others can avoid her easily
***and steal her stuff from under her
***if she's going to roam

LilDrood

05-03-2011

You typed a lot of stuff when it's only going to be locked in 5 minutes.

lickresh

05-04-2011

I dont get it... Why repost your opinions after already getting downvoted over 9000 times on the last one?

..or maybe YOU are secretly mr stonewall!

trololol

Stonewall008

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueBunny View Post
An excellent example of taking something out of context to meet your own goal.

He goes onto say
***i'm hesistant to call eve a jungler
***because that path is FAR too reliant on the situation
***like a roamer is on not being eaten
***too many things seem to have to fall right for you
***in order to succeed
***eve vs nunu seems lopsided if she's going to roam half the time
***Trundle will eat her if they face each other
***others can avoid her easily
***and steal her stuff from under her
***if she's going to roam
The op is also a known hater of mine so - just let him enjoy himself for the time being

iiNoodzii

05-04-2011

Lemme give you my two cents.

I do feel Eve can jungle. It's sort of like shaco, you jungle, gank, then jungle some more.

I have no problem with ThaggleS or Stonewall, but I feel this argument is very silly. If ThaggleS feels eve is a jungler, then he can play her as one and prove it. He should not require Stonewall's approval to go around jungling eve. These two people both have very stubborn and elitist attitudes; It's just part of their nature. I have personally spoken to ThaggleS and he told me "I know what works for me, and I'm not going to change it" even though I made a valid and helpful point. I've seen suggestions to stonewall get denied even though they were pretty valid.

MyDeadGrandma

05-04-2011

What are the 3 asterisks for?

Argeon

05-04-2011

I read "the post"...
then downvoted.
Gg.

Karusan

05-04-2011

who CARES???????

Spitƒire

05-04-2011

Just going to say this:

So many people are so wrapped in the lineal thought process of junglers MUST mainly kill just creeps for half the match.

That thinking is very limited and narrow-minded.

The bottom line of my post is to show that by definition Evelyn IS a jungler and she can do it well. Anyone who disagrees is entilted to their opinion, it is simply flawed to say she is not a jungler.