How do you find it?

Interesting 88 38.26%
Not interesting 5 2.17%
I only play in Fullscreen 94 40.87%
Too afraid of keyloggers 43 18.70%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Jungle respawn timer app

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undead Fleshgod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Hello Summoners!

I often have to jungle, and am really bad with the respawn timers. However, I am a software engineering student, so I made a small Windows app to keep track of them. And of course, I care about you all, so I am sharing it

First of all, this is not a keylogger (People here are quick shouting that). If you really don't trust me, I am including the source code as well. It is in C#, with Visual Basic 2010, Framework 4.0, and I'll just drop the whole Solution here. BTW, feel free to modify if you want to improve it. So if you are paranoid with keyloggers, just check the code and compile it yourself.

Also, this will work in WINDOWED MODE ONLY. The app is made to stay on top of the screen, but won't appear in Fullscreen mode. You can use ShiftWindow to achieve that (Playing in Windowed mode will lower performances a bit, but you can ALT-TAB it really faster to multi-task.

ShiftWindow tutorial by Nicosharp :

Step 1: Start tutorial game, change video settings to Windowed-Mode. End Tutorial game
Step 2: Start Shift-Window in "Administrator Mode", this will enable it to grab effectively (depending on version of windows this is needed or not needed, right click to open it in Admin Mode.)
Step 3: Start a game as normal. Once the champion load screen goes up, alt+tab
Step 4: Grab "League of Legends (TM) Client" from Windowed screen.
Step 5: Hit "Trigger It" on top Right.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// HOW DOES IT WORKS?

Open the program, place it where you want. When you get a buff, just click on the corresponding button. The timer will start and go down. Once few seconds are remaining (30 for buffs, 45 for drag/baron), the color will change. And that's it.

However, clicking a button will give focus to that window, so quicky click back on LoL to avoid QWERing it in vain.

The transparency is also set to 65% so you can see a little under it. If you find that annoying, tell me. EDIT : Added a 100% opacity version.

Also, the timer I am using have a few ms of delay per clock tick. So it is possible that the timer is 1-2 seconds off. However, it is really possible you are also 2-3 seconds off while using it, so it don't matter much.

// PICTURES

In pictures :
Jungle Timer :
Attachment 167013
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6657/warwickrun.jpg (Full screen, too large to attach here)

Ward Timer :
Attachment 167385

// DOWNLOAD HERE

With sounds (file too large for forums, used rapidshare...)
App with sounds : https://rapidshare.com/files/4605105...imersSound.zip
App with sounds, no transparency : https://rapidshare.com/files/4605105...ansparency.zip
Only Dragon & Baron : https://rapidshare.com/files/4606287...agonSounds.zip

Without sounds (direct download)
The app only : Attachment 167014
Without transparency: Attachment 167032
Only Dragon & Baron : Attachment 167290

Timers for wards! Sorry that my TextToSpeech sound silly! : https://rapidshare.com/files/460639346/WardTimers.zip
Up to 5 ward timers! Press button, receive timer! Vocal reminder at 20 seconds. Not tested THAT much, please give feedback and I'll hotfix it if you run into problems. Version 1.1 (forgot to put window in TopMost mode =_=')

// SOURCE CODE
Source code, C# with Framework 4.0 (You need to compile it) : https://rapidshare.com/files/4605102...oundSource.zip (File too large for the forums, megaupload was not working)
Source code (No sound), direct download : Attachment 167015
Ward timers Source code, C# w/ Framework 4.0. Whole solution. No executable, you need to compile it : https://rapidshare.com/files/4606382...mersSource.zip

// MODIFICATION LOGS
- Included source code
- Made a version without transparency
- Included sounds as a reminder
- Included source code
- Made a smaller version with only Dragon & Baron

- Made a "Ward Timer" app
- Hotfix'd rapidly Ward Timer, so the window can stay on top in-game.. =_='
- Included source code
- Hotfix'd window name, it was still Form1.. Hurr

// FEEDBACK PLEASE
I do read every posts.

If you find it interesting, please give some feedback or ideas, I can prolly find some free time and improve it. If you don't find it interesting, well, move along. If you only play in Fullscreen mode, sorry. Maybe someday I will make it work with hotkeys and sounds, but for now it doesn't.

Hope you will find that useful, summoners, feedback is welcome.

It looks like a lot of people are still worried by keyloggers/virus/trojans/whatever, even with the source code available. Please, tell me what would help reassure you. People saying it's legit? A red post? Because honestly beside putting source code, I can't do much more so please leave a comment.

EDIT:
If you find any bugs, please tell me so I can hotfix that quickly. However I went with it for a couple runs, and it seemed fine (and the design is pretty simple so I guess I tested everything)

EDIT 2 : I am also making a Rune Build Theorycrafter (you create rune builds, enter base stats of you & foe, then it tells you which rune build is the best). If people are showing interest, I will try to finish it faster. Just upvote my post here : http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...37#post8530337 if you find that interesting.

// ANSWERING TO PEOPLE HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulfox View Post
Why is this epic? It just takes a whole nother element out of the game. Making the game require less skill and prone to more ******s playing who don't monitor the map. I personally memorized all the respawn times.

Yeah I tried that too, but honestly my memory really sucks. So I made that and told myself "hey, maybe I'm not alone with the memory of a rock! I'll share it". Sorry that your memory is "too badass" for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaranic View Post
Windowed mode only.
I am sorry You can still run it on the background and ALT-TAB all the time but.. nah.

I'll try to find a fix quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oluldan View Post
I have one I wrote for Android.. much easier for on the go lol, just keep my phone in front of me, start the app when the game starts. Alerts me to dragon, baron and others that spawn late. I simply tap my screen when I have that monster done, and it resets the timer for that specif monster. It'll buzz and alert me when it's back.

Willing to give it to anyone interested, thinking about putting in on the market, but idk.\

**** you apple ****, write your own and good luck getting it approved by apple.
Yup you had a good idea, and it is probably more useful like that. Meh, I could do a Windows Phone 7 app, but meh. WP7 is not popular enough IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aricias View Post
Hey - can I have the option (I've got 3 monitors Eyefinity) to adjust the transparency? something more solid?
Added a download link with 100% opacity. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
Any chance of an audio alert? I used to use something similar way back when I played quake to alert for Quad respawn, and at 30 seconds it would say "Quad respawn in 30 seconds!"

Other than that, awesome app.
It is possible. Would you prefer a voice saying like "Blue side blue buff 30 seconds", or just a kind of "beep" to remind you to check the timers?
EDIT : I used a text-to-speech voice. However the file is now rather large, so I used rapidshare to upload it, the forums can't handle it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
@OP:

Can you make a smaller one, just for Dragon and Baron? I dont jungle often but I do keep tabs on drag and baron, so if I had the option of only those 2, that would be most excellent

..the less of the screen taken up the better
Sure, working on that right now.
EDIT : Finished, added it to download section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancypantsmcgee View Post
I only play in fullscreen, and LOL takes a while to sync if I alt-tab out. Any options?
I am sorry, for now you cannot do much However I'll try to make a version with only hotkeys and voice, so you don't have to see the interface and it would technically work. I can prolly work on that today, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaethor View Post
i think a seperate wards interface would be cool. but if its too much work you could just add it to the other one. up to you, really
Okay I'll work on a seperate ward interface. In a few minutes.
EDIT1: Running into some little problems, all should be finished in a couple minutes.
EDIT2 : Completed, added to download list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaXaSA View Post
that would be amazing but i got another suggestion, I had a 'app' in hon that worked almost the same way but for the skills/items.

when the skill was ready to use again a small skill icon would flash/blink on the bottom center of screen on top of the skills.
For the sounds, there is a version with them in it. It is a rapidshare link tho, file was too big for the forums.
For the skills, well, they are on so low CD,or just too situational (Ex: Requiem) that I don't think it would be THAT much useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSeaCow View Post
I would love an iPod touch app of this : O. I have an atrocious memory and the ability to keep track would be wonderful! Then I just keep my iPod next to me when I play a game
Yeah, but sadly I don't program with/for Apple stuff. Sorry. I could still make it for WP7 tho, but meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEklypze View Post
I think this app sounds fine and am interested in trying it. I personally would prefer a UI mod so it's more seamless.
Yeah, an UI mod would be much better. This program can be annoying and I am aware of it, but I don't think I could be able to do an UI mod. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razekal View Post
If you make the rune build theorycrafter, could you add a line to total up the IP cost of the page? That would be awesome.
Yeah well, in fact it is there.. just.. not displayed ^^'

l0n3w0lf

05-03-2011

Wow you just became the favorite of every summoner who jungles in the game.

Well done

Epsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

I dont jungle often but that's ****ING AWESOME

CASHEW PEANUT

05-03-2011

+1. Epic.

Sulfox

05-03-2011

Why is this epic? It just takes a whole nother element out of the game. Making the game require less skill and prone to more ******s playing who don't monitor the map. I personally memorized all the respawn times.

Matkatamiba

05-03-2011

Windowed mode only.

Epsi

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulfox View Post

troll move along

Oluldan

05-03-2011

I have one I wrote for Android.. much easier for on the go lol, just keep my phone in front of me, start the app when the game starts. Alerts me to dragon, baron and others that spawn late. I simply tap my screen when I have that monster done, and it resets the timer for that specif monster. It'll buzz and alert me when it's back.

Willing to give it to anyone interested, thinking about putting in on the market, but idk.\

**** you apple ****, write your own and good luck getting it approved by apple.

aricias

05-03-2011

Hey - can I have the option (I've got 3 monitors Eyefinity) to adjust the transparency? something more solid?

Dhouti

05-03-2011

Yeah a transparency slider or some preset options to set it would be nice.

EDIT: I'm stupid, good job. ^^