Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sion the Psychotic Tank Eating Zombie from ****

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcades79

10-05-2010

Boogie, if you still read/respond to this thread a few general questions:

1. If you don't have the IP to buy +crit damage runes, would you go with crit chance or armor pen? I'm thinking crit chance might fill in that early game gap until your item build brings you closer to 100%.

2. Do you feel 90s is a fast enough reset on your ult for most situations or do you think CDR (either glyphs or items) would be useful? Specifically, where do you think Youmuu's Ghostblade fits in? It seems to give a lot of the core stats for DPS Sion: AD/Crit/ArP with some CDR and an extra steroid (unless you think its wasted after the ult is active).

3. Is Sheen just there for the early game mana or would you ever build one for the effect specifically? I definitely see the value in BV on a character that is especially vulnerable to stuns, but an early Sheen seems like it would fill the mana gap and give you extra power early/mid game.

I've only tried DPS Sion a few times and while the experience wasn't bad, I felt like I was a really minor player for the first 15-20 minutes and would look for ways to improve that.

zaz Interactive

01-12-2011

Great guide. I just used it to win some matches

YeaaaYa

02-10-2011

I have made a couple teams surrender using this build. I once ran into 3 heroes by myself on purpose, my buddy on vent thought it was suicide and watched. They all died.

BoogiepopPhantom

02-13-2011

Quote:
Arcades79:
Boogie, if you still read/respond to this thread a few general questions:

1. If you don't have the IP to buy +crit damage runes, would you go with crit chance or armor pen? I'm thinking crit chance might fill in that early game gap until your item build brings you closer to 100%.

2. Do you feel 90s is a fast enough reset on your ult for most situations or do you think CDR (either glyphs or items) would be useful? Specifically, where do you think Youmuu's Ghostblade fits in? It seems to give a lot of the core stats for DPS Sion: AD/Crit/ArP with some CDR and an extra steroid (unless you think its wasted after the ult is active).

3. Is Sheen just there for the early game mana or would you ever build one for the effect specifically? I definitely see the value in BV on a character that is especially vulnerable to stuns, but an early Sheen seems like it would fill the mana gap and give you extra power early/mid game.

I've only tried DPS Sion a few times and while the experience wasn't bad, I felt like I was a really minor player for the first 15-20 minutes and would look for ways to improve that.

I've changed over time, and now I mostly go all crit chance red runes. CDR is good on Sion, not for the ult but for the stun. Taking that stun down from 8 second cooldown to 6 can be very mean, and the bonus of having your ult faster is just gravy.

Yomuu's ghostblade is a great item for Sion, and you should always think about getting it. I get it or Atma's impaler, depending on whether I think I need the armor.

Sion as a DPS can be difficult to do much with early game. Try starting with a ruby crystal (for life to tank with), or Crit chance gloves (to build an early zeal). Then chose a lane partner that can capitalize on your stun. If you get some teamwork going you can do well. Stun gives you just enough time to run in and hit them once, if your ally can use the time to get off a nice combo then you can get some kills or force them back to base. Once they are forced back use enrage to last hit and get lots of gold.
Try hiding in the bushes and stunning them when they don't expect it, make sure your ally is in position to take advantage.

Xeatran

02-16-2011

It's a good guide. I had been playing AD Sion before reading this one tho, and i recommend doing smth different at the beginning. The thing is to get all those items before any other player can reach ones with similar power. That's why I always take berserker's greaves first, and then I take 5 Avarice Blades. They are cheap and making u very reach very fast,plus additional 12% crit chance each is good mixed with Enrage that I max before Cryptic Gaze(that's the second one that differs from the guide). When I have enough cash to buy BF Sword I get it(sell 1 Avarice Blade first) then upgrade for Bloodthirster. After getting this one
u are ready to own almost everyone judging by the fact no one has so good items yet(except for overfed ppl...). Anyway, with those items it's easy to farm fast and earning cash for other items(same as in the guide). As the time passes by, u sell next Avarice Blades to get other items that I was talking about a second ago. That's all I wanted to say, have a good time with the Sion beast

Cheers!

emoished

04-03-2011

i like the build
Boots (scrap these late game )
Phantoms
Madread's Bloodrazor
Rabadons or mejjias
Frozen mallet
bloodthurster X2 (or an infinity)

only problem here is no anti cc, but your phantoms + frozen mallet has to cover for your speed

ElBold

08-21-2013

Sion is really good with this build good job i say.