Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sion the Psychotic Tank Eating Zombie from ****

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Froi

Recruiter

03-28-2010

This build is insane. I can vouch for it.
I just scored a PENTA kill using my ult and this build.

SsapS

03-31-2010

Wow, this sounds good. I've been playin scion as my man for a while now, and depending on what team comp I am playing or what the other team comp is I roll AP or tank.

I win 80% of the games I play as scion because he is so beast at both AP and Tank, I have played AD scion a couple games but this guy really highlights why he is so clawsome.

I will give this a try, it sounds awesome.

BoogiepopPhantom

04-02-2010

Ok, here is an example of how this build should work. This illustrates what you should be aiming to acomplish with a dps build, it isn't all about kills, there is turrets and assists, and pushing lanes and healing allies too.

This game went on long enough to almost complete the item set outlined in the guide. I didn't just get a good kill to death, I also dealt almost 200,000 total damage, and restored over 10,000 health, destroyed 3 turrets, and had 7 assists. All in all a good all around game, which helped lead my team to victory.

I was up against another Sion (wussy caster type build), and he couldn't do anything to me. Even 2 on 1 with warwick to help him he couldn't beat me.

The 12 kill killing spree I had going forced them to concentrate on me in team fights. Forcing the other team to focus on the tank is a good way to win team fights, since your glass cannons will be free to pump out the damage while you soak up all the damage using lifesteal.

BoogiepopPhantom

04-02-2010

Quote:
Froi:
This build is insane. I can vouch for it.
I just scored a PENTA kill using my ult and this build.

I gotta say, I've played Sion a lot, but I've never gotten a penta kill before. Awesome playing man. My personal best is a triple kill. You've got some serious skills, hope you enjoy playing DPS Sion.

Reep

05-08-2010

Okay, I have a couple questions.

By grabbing a Mana Crystal as your starting item, how do you stay in your lane? Considering A) You're melee, and B) your attacks cost health, I do not see how you can stay in your lane until level 6 (at which point you're good to go with your ult). If the other champions have any form of harass (like mundo, or ashe) then you're just going to be shut down, with lots of mana, no HP to attack or even last hit.

Ghost or Flash? I'm grabbing Cleanse for obvious reasons, but I cannot decided between flash or ghost.

Thanks, I plan to try out your guide soon!

Reep

05-08-2010

Well, first game as Sion, went with Dorans Shield as first item (and do not regret investment), 9/2/4. Loved 3 hitting squishies. I found Lizard Buff pretty vital to my sucsess, but it was no problem getting it.

Also, I laned with an excellent harasser; magic penetration Kennen, to be exact. He let me farm no problem by harassing the other champions out of range. This, I'm sure, helped my early game without a doubt.

Yellow Jester

05-08-2010

As a mundo player I would like to see your sion take on my mundo. I have only encountered one sion and he was AP, but he did defeat me. That stun is very very very long.

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

05-08-2010

Saw crit damage runes, left.

BoogiepopPhantom

05-09-2010

Quote:
Reep:
Okay, I have a couple questions.

By grabbing a Mana Crystal as your starting item, how do you stay in your lane? Considering A) You're melee, and B) your attacks cost health, I do not see how you can stay in your lane until level 6 (at which point you're good to go with your ult). If the other champions have any form of harass (like mundo, or ashe) then you're just going to be shut down, with lots of mana, no HP to attack or even last hit.

Ghost or Flash? I'm grabbing Cleanse for obvious reasons, but I cannot decided between flash or ghost.

Thanks, I plan to try out your guide soon!

Ok, you need to realize how cool his stun is. plenty of damage, plus 2 seconds of stun for 100 mana. mana crystal lets you cast it twice as much. your answer to harassment is to stun and then use the big glowing ax. As for health items, you don't need em, cause Sion gets more health naturally than almost any other hero in the game.
Your attacks do cost some health, but Sions health regen is naturally high enough to gain it all back as long as you concentrate on last hitting and don't just randomly auto attack.

Starting with dorans shield, dorans blade or dorans ring is quite effective, each has its advantages for Sion and can be used. I like dorans blade in a 3v3 map for the extra life and damage at lvl 1 for going for first blood. Dorans shield can work very well to give you toughness and more health regen. I prefer mana, but thats my preference. If dorans shield works better for you as a starter item then go for it.

They nerfed flash again after I wrote this guide, but it is still good, I currently go cleanse and exhaust, but I used to roll with cleanse and flash.

The fun thing flash lets you do is to hide in the bushes, flash out of the bush, and cast stun, then attack. If you have lizard buff then he aint getting away. This tactic lets you get in close on even the most paranoid and careful of ranged heroes (like ashe, who always plays way back because she is so squishy)

BoogiepopPhantom

05-10-2010

Quote:
Yellow Jester:
As a mundo player I would like to see your sion take on my mundo. I have only encountered one sion and he was AP, but he did defeat me. That stun is very very very long.

I've never seen a mundo that could take a Sion built like this in a stand up fight. Most Mundo players max life and life regen with maybe an atmas for damage thrown in. Sions ult gives him 100% lifesteal at level 16, so unless you do more damage per second than sion does you won't be hurting him at all and it is impossible to win. Mundo built for life and regen can't do nearly as much damage as Sion so the outcome of the fight is inevitable. Mundos ult doesn't even give him half as much life regen as Sions Ult does if Sion is built for damage.

The way to beat DPS sion with mundo is to force him to use his ult, then use your cleaver to slow him down and run for it. Wait 20 seconds (duration of Sions ult) then come back in and force him to fight you while your ult is on. Mundo moves fast and has a short cooldown slow, so he can win as long as Sion doesn't have his ult.