Sion the Psychotic Tank Eating Zombie from ****

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

myroprax

03-17-2010

this is actually a very good sion guide. its quite long but i think that makes it good its very descriptive. one question lvl stun before enrage? why the stun is always the same duration? all that changes is dmg and your not ap. anyways thumbs up!

IHelpPro

03-17-2010

Good guide, but boots should be either ninja or mercury IMO. 40% duration reduction on stuns and fears is crucial in allowing you to continue autoattacking.

And this might be personal preference, but I go max shield at 9, with 1 level in stun and rest enrage. Shield seems much more useful in both farming and harassing.

Last thing, maybe consider Last Whisper vs armor stacking tanks.

kipsus

03-18-2010

DPS Sion kicks some serious ass late game. I had a game recently where both teams fed to full sets of expensive items and my DPS sion could eat ANY (yi, ashe, morgana, nasus, teemo) enemy champ 1v1 or 1v2 if they stood in place long enough (AKA tried to kill me). Heck, I even held a 3v1 push, farmed like hell and survived to retreat, regen and push them back. Granted, they were not very good but attacked together, were fully fed and that alone is a combination to respect.

AP sion is merely a support/nuker late game, doesn't stand a chance against a group of enemies.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Nevermind, didn't see.

jnagel

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by myroprax View Post
this is actually a very good sion guide. its quite long but i think that makes it good its very descriptive. one question lvl stun before enrage? why the stun is always the same duration? all that changes is dmg and your not ap. anyways thumbs up!
I'm currently playin on a Sion build that i fashioned after this one (and am planning on trying a couple things differently) and the reason that you max stun before enrage is for the extra damage that stun does. I mean, at lvl 5 it hits for 300. As a starting hit, thats pretty **** good, and it can kill people pretty easily. Point is, the idea is to be doing as much damage as you can as soon as possible. 300 damage stun+500-600 criticals=gg squishy carries.

Psychopath

03-23-2010

I approve.

laundrymonster

03-27-2010

Now, I play DPS sion, and I love it. But, I have a question or so.
I play Sion getting only IAS items, since you have enrage. Which is built in AD items and a warmog's.
If you get IAS you have to max out Enrage first, which gives you immense damage with your stun, which hurts hard after a while. Also, with rally you absolutely dominate early game.

The stun is the superior skill to get early game though. In my opinion.

Cool guide though, thanks a bunch for writing it. People keep playing Sion as a dinky caster, and forget about chopper. Ya need love for that grinning axe.

BoogiepopPhantom

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by myroprax View Post
one question lvl stun before enrage? why the stun is always the same duration? all that changes is dmg and your not ap. anyways thumbs up!

damage changes, but also cooldown. I level stun for the cooldown. A 2 second stun on an 8 second cooldown lets you use it twice in a fight, once to start, and once to finish.

BoogiepopPhantom

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHelpPro View Post
Good guide, but boots should be either ninja or mercury IMO. 40% duration reduction on stuns and fears is crucial in allowing you to continue autoattacking.

And this might be personal preference, but I go max shield at 9, with 1 level in stun and rest enrage. Shield seems much more useful in both farming and harassing.

Last thing, maybe consider Last Whisper vs armor stacking tanks.

Someone already mentioned the mercury treads as an improvement over berserkers, and I added it to the guide because you are correct.

As for shield vs stun as a harasser, stun is actually better if you go for damage, because it lets you get in a hit or two as well. the damage of stun and shield is almost identical, but since your item set is built to max your damage, getting one or two hits in does more damage then the stun does. If you are building an AP Sion then yes shield is the better harasser. Also the main point of getting the stun is so you can kill and chase, not to harass, though its good for that too.

One thing to note about harrassing with stun is that my runes give me 14% critical chance and 220% crit damage at level 1, so if I get a little lucky and crit, then my 1 hit after the stun can do 2 to 3 times as much damage as the stun or shield would. If I stun and crit most squishies will start running immediately cause that's about 300 to 400 damage at level 3 or 4.

As for last whisper, I've rarely seen anyone get enough armor that I needed it (most tanks stack health, not armor), however the extra attack speed and armor penetration would definitely be good on him, so ya, its a great item to consider, probably in place of the blood thirster or banshees veil, because I love critical strike too much to give it up with this build.

BoogiepopPhantom

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymonster View Post
Now, I play DPS sion, and I love it. But, I have a question or so.
I play Sion getting only IAS items, since you have enrage. Which is built in AD items and a warmog's.
If you get IAS you have to max out Enrage first, which gives you immense damage with your stun, which hurts hard after a while. Also, with rally you absolutely dominate early game.

The stun is the superior skill to get early game though. In my opinion.

Cool guide though, thanks a bunch for writing it. People keep playing Sion as a dinky caster, and forget about chopper. Ya need love for that grinning axe.

If you take a quick look at the item set you'll see that it is built around getting a bit of damage, plus about 100% critical strike, and 250 to 270 % critical damage. this nearly triples your damage. (900 damage per hit or more, late game) Damage multiplyers(crits and attack speed) are better on Sion (because he already has high damage with enrage) than getting flat damage. Thus Attack speed is actually also a really good way to play him, but I haven't really tried it so I can't say too much about it. This build actually does give him some attack speed (phantom dancer) but it isn't a pure AS build.

as for the stun, I definitely agree, it is much better than shield for a physical damage Sion.

write up an attack speed guide for a dps sion if you like, I won't be adding that to this guide as it is already so long that people complain. Its a great idea though.

123456 ... 8