Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

measurement of distance in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arlando

03-08-2010

is there a scale or reference of the distance that is used in game?

Slide

03-08-2010

Not that ive seen.

Most of us get used to a particular champion to get an idea of distance. I main Sivir, I know Sivirs attack range is 450 (about to go down to 400 ) and so I have a good idea of what ranges are.

I expect the same will happen to you.

However!

It certainly would be a service to the community if someone were to take a screenshot of a tower and map concentric circles around it at 100 distance so everyone can have a better idea of the unit of measure in this game.

So which one of you will be the helpful forum person this time around?

Ryzalis

03-08-2010

I'm not sure, but I think how it works is that a champion with movement speed x covers a distance of x over one second.

Slide

03-08-2010

For movespeed, yes. But hes asking for a scale.

All units (range, movespeed, targetting) are based on the same unit. Its all well and good to say that if you have 300 MS you will travel 300 units in 1 second, but that still begs the question, how large a distance is 1 unit?

Of course, considering how small 1 unit is, its probably best to show 100 unit concentric circles.

Ryzalis

03-08-2010

Yeah, but most people should have an intuitive idea of how far they move at say, 300 movespeed in a single second, so it's a start.

Slide

03-08-2010

No argument.

That doesnt change the fact that it would be a good resource to have. ESPECIALLY for new players. It takes quite a few games before you get an idea of ranges.

Arlando

03-28-2010

i have decided that i will take several screenshots and overlay the range bubble with each identified by their distance to give some idea to newcomers what the distance in game is. thanks for the feedback.