"Stonewall you're a jerk it's just normal"

1234511 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stonewall008

05-03-2011

I get things like this all the time when I refuse to invite someone with basically no wins or ranked games on their main account. Now before you immediately downvote - I shall explain myself. I also think Riot needs to put some kind of fix to this (and I had made a topic about it a long time ago).

Anyhow - here's the deal. Normal games don't matter as much as ranked but as I said in my "What is Fun" topic from a long time ago - fun is subjective and there are some universal things about "fun."

People don't like to lose. Sure some take it less a lot less worse than others but let's face it - you may or may not mind a loss, but a total ass raping is just not gonna be fun at all.

That being said - My normal elo is pretty **** high and seems to drag everyone else up a **** ton. Already an incident where I brought some low elo people on my friend's list and we fought Chauster and Cleveradvisor - so those low elos didn't know jack about what to do and got destroyed. Fed Chauster is op.

Yet some players don't understand when I tell them "the **** up here is a lot different than the **** you got down there." Sometimes i bring in a low elo and they are shocked by how things are so different at higher up.

I'm currently at 400+ wins and my regular teammates also have higher elos now. Probably because of the crash course they got from playing. We fight ruthless players and full premades who have their **** together.

I end up telling them "I'm sorry but I'm no longer willing to go through hell to satisfy you." Two months ago was the last person I did this for and it wasn't easy. That player (<3) is stronger now - though the weakest of the team - we made that player a lot better and it wasn't easy.

While some say "i may surprise you" or "dude trust me" or something like that - the fact that I've received that a lot and just been disappointed has scarred my willingness to test more players. Also - I check their builds and often can see some flaws in their games just by that such as low CS on a carry or bad first items such as 4 games with Shen rushing force of nature it seems...and 40 cs.

THAT BEING SAID

Why does it have to be this way? If i bring it a weaker player it either drags him up to my elo and he may not be able to handle anything up there - especially weaker junglers OR he drags me down and I just eat everyone - unleashing Trundle on lowbies is just sad.

I don't think it's possible for Riot to fix this at all. You can't really expect a high level player not to destroy people who basically let him. I don't think a system can be made where the higher level player is forced to pick someone they are awful at.

So in the meantime - Don't be angry at someone who doesn't want to go through this for their sake and yours. If you've ever *****ed about fighting some really high level players - you cannot complain about not being able to bring one in your team. They may just drag you up against high level players again.

BTW- It's not to say my group super mega tryhards everything. We just know everyone can carry their weight and aren't as worried. We still do things like Yi lane, Renekton jungle and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
I'm not saying I'm better than everyone or that I'm some almighty God. I'm just saying I'm playing in a world where **** is very different and they or may not be ready. Getting thrown to the wolves rarely has helped anyone.

The person who I did bring in - I brought that player in because that player was not content with staying weak.. They would rage when we lost and demand to know "okay what went wrong - what needs to change" and dammit I loved that.

Some players don't show that much enthusiasm. They either curl up and die or rage. There are some players who i regularly play with that have shown they can handle it but on average most can't.

I am not saying I'm the best - I am just saying

Fistful of Force

05-03-2011

lol u vlad?

Don't worry about it, just do whatever the f*ck you want.

gunghorecondo

05-03-2011

sooo, you wanna play with me?

do whatev you want, man.

Fratley

05-03-2011

Although some may play the game for the sake of playing, others get their enjoyment from winning.

Harsh, but well stated, Stonewall.

Drediviros

05-03-2011

+1

Cowsep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Get over yourself?

Stonewall008

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognate View Post
Get over yourself?
You act as though I'm mean to these people. I am not - I politely turn them down.

TheScarredBow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Don't blame you. I really don't.

MetalGearLink

05-03-2011

Exactly, Normal is the game, it's League, if serious play isn't there, then how can we translate anything to ranked?

The Bad Sauce

05-03-2011

Playing with me would be nightmare mode for you
I'm Captain Tryhard, fail harder

1234511 ... 21