Aegis of the Legion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sh4d0wr3nD

03-08-2010

Does it stack? If so, is it the passive bonus or the aura, or both?

Curious to know if I can stack it on a Heimer for über-awesome turret power, but not in the mood to try it in a game and waste gold if it doesn't work.

Also, while on the topic of Heimer - any good Heimer builds, anyone?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-08-2010

UNIQUE item effects do not stack. The exception being if 2 people have an aura item, both of them will benefit from the aura twice, but everyone else will only get it once.

Short answer: no.

You will always want a Soul Shroud on Heimer. Since you shouldn't be auto attacking or taking damage (ideally) Boots of Mobility are a good choice. Depending on how offensive you wish to be you can go with Mejai and Rylai for missile ownage, or more cooldown reduction to spam turrets with Nashor's Tooth. If there is a pesky tank, grab a Deathfire Grasp (works better on AP builds).

BladeKnightofEa

03-08-2010

are you sure raptor? ive had a starks fervor and the ashe on our team also did and it didnt double stack, havent noticed with any of the others though i know mana manipulator does

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-08-2010

Unless I'm mistaken Stark's is purposely not double stacked for balance reasons, but that is hearsay. Similar to how MK's Children of the Grave only proc the smaller Rylai slow, despite being a single target spell. Some things are just too powerful.

Chewbie

03-08-2010

I think aegis really needs a buff... almost no one ever gets it. I would like to get it because it has everything a tank needs, but the stats just arnt good enough. i think to keep it from having an OP aura, instead keep the aura as is but add raw stats to the item, like an extra 10 dmg, 10 ap and 10 armor.

BladeKnightofEa

03-08-2010

its great during the laning phase though because the minions are affected by it, so if you have it your minions will always win

Sh4d0wr3nD

03-09-2010

Hmmm...

So if two people in one lane get it, will Heimer's turrets get double effect?

I'm just curious as to how it's possible to buff his turrets, because it seems like Aegis is the only dmg aura item in the whole game, when it comes to turrets, since Stark's only works on champs.

I think there needs to be more aura items that work on minions + summons.

Also, anybody know why Alt + Right-click doesn't work to control turrets yet?

As far as I know, they are considered summons that belong to a champion, so if you can control Annie's bear and Morde's ulti-summon, why not Heimer's turrets?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4d0wr3nD View Post
So if two people in one lane get it, will Heimer's turrets get double effect?
As I described above, no. Since the turrets do not hold one of the item themselves, they can only receive the bonus once.