Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Launcher Black Screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xegno

05-03-2011

I've been looking around and noticing that a lot of people are experiencing the same thing with the launcher being nothing but a black screen, so last thing I want is to make another thread, but running out of options.
When launching the launcher, it shows the League of Legends icon and starts the PvP.net patcher, but there's nothing but a black box where the launcher should be. Can't move the box or interact with it and can only close it with task manager.

I tried a clean reinstall (which I hate to do because my internet speed is so slow) and the same thing happened. I'm using Windows XP and everything is up to date; I have been able to play League with no real problems for the past few months.

I've heard I may need to post the RADS/rads_lol_launcher log so it should be in attachments.

CityKid

05-07-2011

Quote:
Xegno:
I've been looking around and noticing that a lot of people are experiencing the same thing with the launcher being nothing but a black screen, so last thing I want is to make another thread, but running out of options.
When launching the launcher, it shows the League of Legends icon and starts the PvP.net patcher, but there's nothing but a black box where the launcher should be. Can't move the box or interact with it and can only close it with task manager.

I tried a clean reinstall (which I hate to do because my internet speed is so slow) and the same thing happened. I'm using Windows XP and everything is up to date; I have been able to play League with no real problems for the past few months.

I've heard I may need to post the RADS/rads_lol_launcher log so it should be in attachments.

Same here, atleast i know that im not the only one now. If you find the answer it would be amazing if you would tell me how to fix it. Email me because i dont check Lol.com much my email is: [email]josh4itunes@gmail.com[/email]
Thanks

Gensol

05-08-2011

Yep, same problem. I can only close it via task manager, although I can interact with my black screen, usually a link that takes me to the merch store or the news section. Any answer to this problem would be awesome.

CityKid

05-08-2011

Ya, i have been trying to find the "play" button on the screen so i can interact with it and play but it cant find it and it is starting to bug me. LoL is the only game i play and would really like to continue to play it

CityKid

05-08-2011

The other thing that sucks about this was that this was the week that Renekton was free and I really wanted to play him some more and after this week i was going to buy him but i dont have enough IP... I wonder if we are going to get any RP because we got screwed out of a week of LoL so far... xD

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

05-11-2011

There are two launcher logs. Can you attach them both? I'd love to take a look at them.

CityKid

05-12-2011

Ya, i dont know where to find the logs >.< sorry... it would be great if you could help me find them. Im running windows home vista...

CityKid

05-12-2011

Also, i know its kind of selfish, but do ppl who have this problem get free RP because i was planning on getting renekton this week >.< and that really took a chunk out of my time to get him seeing as i dont get alot of time to earn IP...

CityKid

05-12-2011

Bingo. Found the logs, sorry it took so long. Really hope this helps. If you fix it let me know ASAP ^_^ I have a Renekton to save for xD lol.

CityKid

05-13-2011