Serra, The Templar of Ionia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerozerker

05-03-2011

Serra, The Templar of Ionia
Health: 442 (+95) > 2152
Mana: 190 (+32) > 766
Health Regen: 8 (+0.85) > 23.3
Mana Regen: 5.1 (+0.275) > 10.05
Damage: 54.3 (+3.13) > 110.64
Attack Speed: 0.630 (+0.021) > 1.008
Armor: 17 (+3.20) > 74.6
Magic Resistance: 30 (+1.10) > 49.8
Movement Speed: 315

Bio:
Serra was born a simple child and she led a simple life. She was much like any Demacian; kind, with a heart of justice. Above all else, she wished to serve her country as her father did. To this end, she applied for the College of Magic.

After a year, her teachers told her to quit. As hard as she struggled, she had no talent for magic and no strength for the blade. It was in the third year that she was forcefully removed from the program by her professor.

Frustrated with the rules and regulations of her home country, she took up her father's armor and sword and wandered the lands for several months. What, exactly, happened during that time is something she refuses to speak of.

When the league opened, she was among the first to attempt to join. When the time for her reflection came, she failed.

Distraught and bereft of purpose, she travelled from place to place attempting to help others and bestow the kindness she cherished. After many months of travelling she found herself in the far-off lands of Ionia.

It was there that she found peace with herself. Under the tutelage of the foreign blade masters and more spiritually inclined individuals, she refined her craft in a way she never thought possible.

After a full year of training, she returned to the league. It is not known how she managed to face judgment so quickly, let alone a second time, but it is known that she faced her weakness with an unusual readiness.

She took her position as a champion of the league and now fights to further the cause of peace and benevolence to all.

--------------

Passive: Iron Will
Any damage you take is reduced by 5%, plus an additional 1% for every 5% of your maximum health that's missing.

Blade Rush (Q)
Description: Dashes forward a slight distance, slashing any enemy in the way and slowing them.
Damage: 80/110/155/200/235 (+0.65 per attack damage) and 15% reduced damage to all targets beyond the first.
Slow: 17/19/21/23/25% for 2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8/3 seconds, half duration for all targets beyond the first.
Cost: 55/60/65/70/75
Cool Down: 10 seconds
Range: 500/550/600/650/700

Shield Bash (W)
Description: Bashes the enemy with your shield, dealing damage and stunning them for a short duration.
Damage: 80/105/155/215/275 (+0.6 per armor)
Stun: 0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5/1.7 seconds
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
Cool Down: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
Range: 350

Magic Shield (E)
Description: Places a shield on a nearby ally, increasing their armor and magic resistance for the duration and reflecting a small portion of the damage they take back at the enemy. It also passively increases your own armor and magic resistance when not on cool down.
Armor/Magic Resistance Bonus: +15/20/25/30/35 for 5 seconds.
Damage Reflection: 7.5/10/12.5/15/17.5% (+0.15% per MR, caps at 25% and the overall cap with thornsmail is 45%, similar to how CDR and attack speed caps)
Passive: 6/8/10/12/14
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
Cool Down: 15/14.5/14/13.5/13 seconds
Range: 800

Defensive Aura (R)
Description: Places a defensive shield on all nearby allies, reducing the damage they take. When the shield expires, all allies are healed based on the number of times they were hit.
Damage Reduction: 25/30/35% for 3/3.5/4 seconds
Stack: 2/2.33/2.66% HP recovered per stack (6 stacks maximum)
Cost: 125/150/175
Cool Down: 120/105/90 seconds
Range: 1500

Recommended Items:
Doran's Shield
Mercury Treads
Frozen Heart
Chalice of Harmony
Guardian Angel
Force of Nature

Ability names are just placeholders for the time being. All feedback is welcome.

Tarasq

05-03-2011

one of the best ideas ever.

EVER.

Auxerre

05-03-2011

Sounds like a great idea to me, I'd welcome the change from more tanky DPS.

Zerozerker

05-03-2011

lol thanks for the feed back you two.

MrFlibbles21

05-03-2011

Nice champion, like to see how she would look like. However, the passive might be considered by some as overpowered (but then again, every time a new hero is released, there are bound to be people crying OP).

The passive cooldown though, how does that work? Does it work like Karthus or is she granted 2 seconds of 'Undying Rage' (essentially)?

Zerozerker

05-04-2011

I would say it's actually a mix of both. On one hand you have no HP bar in this state like Karthus but on the other hand you can still be hit (which means you can be stunned, slowed, snared) and you can still move around and use abilities (besides summoner spells, which cant be used in this state). For the cool down think Anivia's egg, basically if you've died then the 2 second revival effect goes onto a four minute cool down before it will activate again.

Of course I would expect Riot to make their own tweaks if they actually made her, as I don't expect them to take it word for word but this is more a guideline and they could always be adjusted after their release patch. Thanks for the feedback as well, it's appreciated.

Tarasq

05-04-2011

Honestly, even without the after death effect (which would simply let you get off 1 ability (so you could slow/stun/shield someone) We just need some more tanks. This is a great example of something that would be muchly appreciated.

Yousosmart

05-04-2011

Not bad, not bad. Although the after-death effect seems like it's unnecessary. Alone, that damage reduction as she gets weaker is REALLY strong, especially since it's percentage-based. It's almost as nasty as Poppy's gets (be sure to use her as a comparison).

All of the ideas in concept are good stuff. Your numbers could use a good math-cruncher, but I don't judge much on numerical things.

Overall, very nice.

And since I had a look at yours, have a look at mine:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=669626

AhrimanHJ

05-04-2011

I like this champion idea, though I think that the death part of the passive should be removed because it seems like a dumbed down karthus. Otherwise this champion seems like a capable support character.

Paradoxies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-04-2011

I like her E and R, but the W and Q don't have anything new. Also, her passive is almost the same of karthus' , so, that part should be removed.