Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] God Tier Aura Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acras

05-14-2010

I have a question, when building the atk speed/ dodge/ mp5 per level runebook which runes should you prioritize purchasing first?

Should I just alternate between the three or is there one that takes priority over the others? Also I use the movespeed quints and would rather not replace those if possible.

OatmealCookie

05-14-2010

I've played a bit of Sivir here and there, I'm not even 30 yet though. I've tried aura sivir mostly and seem to get decent results if my team doesn't suck.

My question is about her damage in teamfights. People say her richochet auto-attack damage 'wrecks' teams, and I really don't see it. I'm not seeing a lot of damage as a result of this, even though I can toss out quite a few attacks during a teamfight. I've followed the builds listed in this guide down to the letter, and really aren't doing a lot of damage. Maybe it just doesn't look like I am, am I missing something?

Mogri

05-15-2010

Quote:
I have a question, when building the atk speed/ dodge/ mp5 per level runebook which runes should you prioritize purchasing first?

I'd do dodge or mp5, depending on whether you're having mana issues. Chalice should take care of you for the most part, but if you still run out, go mp5. Dodge has good synergy with the masteries and your passive.

Quote:
My question is about her damage in teamfights. People say her richochet auto-attack damage 'wrecks' teams, and I really don't see it. I'm not seeing a lot of damage as a result of this, even though I can toss out quite a few attacks during a teamfight. I've followed the builds listed in this guide down to the letter, and really aren't doing a lot of damage. Maybe it just doesn't look like I am, am I missing something?

You're not the team damage-dealer. "Wrecks" is an exaggeration. That said, you're still going to be spreading around a lot of damage between ricochet and BB. It's not necessarily easy to notice because you're not dealing burst damage and your damage is spread out among five enemies, but you are still getting a lot of damage out there, and between that and your auras, your presence in teamfights is invaluable.

OatmealCookie

05-15-2010

Quote:
Mogri:
I'd do dodge or mp5, depending on whether you're having mana issues. Chalice should take care of you for the most part, but if you still run out, go mp5. Dodge has good synergy with the masteries and your passive.

You're not the team damage-dealer. "Wrecks" is an exaggeration. That said, you're still going to be spreading around a lot of damage between ricochet and BB. It's not necessarily easy to notice because you're not dealing burst damage and your damage is spread out among five enemies, but you are still getting a lot of damage out there, and between that and your auras, your presence in teamfights is invaluable.

Thanks. That's what I figured. Some people's wording made me question if I was doing it wrong, they made it seems like they were taking out teams single-handedly.

NathanRJessop

05-20-2010

This message is for QUICKSLIDE. I've read alot of your Sivir posts. Is this a correct summary of your build:

ITEMS:

1. Chalice
2. Merc's Treads
3. Starks
4. Aegis
5. Bloodthirster
6. Guardian Angel

RUNES:

Reds = all attack speed
Yellows = all dodge
Blues = all mana regen per level
Quints = what do you use for quints?

MASTERIES:

9/21/0

Thanks in advance.

Also, I discovered something interesting. If you go to:

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Sivir/5a5442a52879b541707484c2dbae8dbd

you can experiment with differant builds and then it shows you how much damages that build would theoretically do over 5 seconds (as well as how many crits you'd have, etc.).

So, I discovered that with all attack speed Marks, Sivir does less damage than with 4 attack speed Marks and 5 attack/level Marks. And, that is the optimum Mark build (as far as damage output over 5 seconds, according to that website). So, if you add another attack/level and remove another attack speed or vice versa, your damage output drops.

(Note: All of this is true, according to that website, when you have the above listed items and masteries. Also, I used move speed quints, dodge seals, and mana regen/level glyphs.)

Fragglerock

Recruiter

05-20-2010

Quote:
OatmealCookie:
Thanks. That's what I figured. Some people's wording made me question if I was doing it wrong, they made it seems like they were taking out teams single-handedly.

Its not focused damage, and its not bursty, so you wont notice one person dropping really fast. You will, however, put out a LOT of damage to the team as a whole. For instance, you would say that Viegar dropping Dark Matter on an entire team on every cooldown is doing a LOT of damage. Sivir does more if shes allowed unimpeded auto-attack during a fight.

Vrtra Theory

05-23-2010

So, I'm only level 11, but I'm really loving Sivir, especially with auras. However, my team asked me to mid for the 2nd time today, and for the 2nd time I faced Ashe, with poor results.

I don't know if it's my internet connection or what, but even if i press E the second I hear the Volley sound, it still hits me right before it goes up, wasting it. Sometimes I can guess it, or just use my minions as a shield, but she has (or appears to have) significant auto-attack range on me, so when I try to last hit she will attack me once or twice and whittle me down. Sometimes I can hit her nice and hard with a boomerang, but she's usually fast enough to not get hit by the 2nd hit.

I don't know, I feel like I have a pretty good idea how to lane in general, but against Ashe and Tristana I feel like a total noob.

Akyio

05-23-2010

Ashe is kind of a danger, but since your lvl 11 it's a bit difficult, since you probably dont have mana regen runes and stuff like that.
Blocking volley with spell shield isn't difficult, the bad part is that spellshield has 25+ sec cooldown, volley much shorter. Ashe's auto attack is range 600, sivir is 400. So basically just need good mana regen, and to spam Q, block volleys with E as many times as possible. At level 5 you can clear creep wave with 2 Qs.

Tristana is a different thing. Quite difficult to block her shot, and yea.. sivir is squishy, she makes complete hell against several champions, but if you play safe then the worst you can get is to be as equal as your opponent, just hugging tower and throwing Qs.

Krald

05-24-2010

why in God's name would you not get madreds bloodrazor???

Vijaya

05-24-2010

Quote:
OatmealCookie:

Farm up three Bloodthirsters and you'll wreck enemy teams. Aura-Sivir is support-DPS, not straight DPS; you're using the wrong build.