Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


[Guide] God Tier Aura Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MBirk

Senior Member

05-06-2010

Quote:
TomBombadil0220:
If you honestly think janna is a good dps then you are wrong.

Shes a hybrid. support/dps, in the same way sivir is a hybrid. dps/support.

And Janna's buff means she scales more then ashe. not that you should attempt to build her for pure dps.

But mekis>feindish>nashers.
Gives ias, cdr, and mana regen. The 3 key Janna stats.

From there, you could go zeal>pd, A 530speed Janna is something fun.
or ginsoos.
Or more youmuus ghostblade for cdr, ias, armor pen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slide

Senior Member

05-06-2010

Must be free Sivir week again. Thanks for answering those Mbirk. Always good having other people around who actually know how to play the game!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AfatPB

Junior Member

05-06-2010

Nice work


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doomenstein

Member

05-07-2010

I have a question for all of you Sivir Experts out there: What boots are best? I understand the benefit of Tabi/Treads to stay alive better in teamfights, but I typically spend more time focusing on pushing creep waves and towers. I like to get Boots of Mobility so I can get from one lane to another faster, allowing me more control over the map in terms of creep waves. So, should I get defensive boots, or faster boots?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AidanTalnare

Member

05-07-2010

Quote:
doomenstein:
I have a question for all of you Sivir Experts out there: What boots are best? I understand the benefit of Tabi/Treads to stay alive better in teamfights, but I typically spend more time focusing on pushing creep waves and towers. I like to get Boots of Mobility so I can get from one lane to another faster, allowing me more control over the map in terms of creep waves. So, should I get defensive boots, or faster boots?


It's a game by game situation. If you find yourself facing a LOT of casters and need the MR, Treads is perfect. If the enemy is heavily DPS oriented, Tabi helps and can stack with your passive dodging for more survivability (and Masteries if you grabbed the dodge one). If you need more speed to hop lane to lane, Mobility can help, keeps you moving and keeps your opponents wondering where the hell you're gonna be next. 9/10 times though you'll be nabbing Treads.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MBirk

Senior Member

05-07-2010

Personally, I get defensive boots 100% of the time.
90% of the time merc treads.
If the other team has any caster at all, merc treads is the best choice every time, for every champ.

Ryze, annie, anivia, ez, kat, fiddle, kennen, shaco, eve, morg, nasus, karth, teemo. If the other team has even 1 of these, merc treads is the right choice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unmay

Member

05-07-2010

Quote:
MBirk:
Personally, I get defensive boots 100% of the time.
90% of the time merc treads.
If the other team has any caster at all, merc treads is the best choice every time, for every champ.

Ryze, annie, anivia, ez, kat, fiddle, kennen, shaco, eve, morg, nasus, karth, teemo. If the other team has even 1 of these, merc treads is the right choice.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of Shaco's damage isn't magical AFAIK.

Overall though I can see how it's better to be safe than sorry, but unless you're going off by yourself I don't think you need merc's treads just for one caster. You really shouldn't be in the front lines for any team battle, so if anyone wants to target you they'll have to move through your teammates to do so. This is usually a bad idea for squishy characters.

If they jump you from the side (your team sucks) with Sivir's ult she has the ability to move away before they can get her unless they do some kind of crazy flash/stun/quick kill, which should be difficult anyway since you should have your team with you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

05-07-2010

It's funny that this is the way I decided to play Sivir before seeing this guide. It's really fantastic, and I stack as many beneficial auras as possible. Stark's is pretty much always a must, Soul Shroud is another addition, then top it off with Aegis... Good times.

Sometimes I'll run with Boots of Swiftness to get to and from battles as fast as possible. It's not a horrible plan, especially if the enemy team is playing scattered.

Rarely do I play with Mana Regen, however, such as Chalice. 1) It takes away from the aura stacking. 2) A golem buff eliminates the need for such an item.

I'll have to experiment with BB harassment though. I usually just focus on counter-harassment and keeping them at their tower.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogri

Senior Member

05-07-2010

Two problems with that: first, Sivir is a slow jungler, second, there's usually someone on your team that needs Golem more than you.

You really need the MP5 early on in the game for BB spam. Later, Clarity runes will give you more than enough. At the point in the game where you need Chalice, leaving the lane for Golem is a bad idea, even if it didn't take forever for you to kill.

Eventually, you'll probably sell Chalice anyway (unless you need the MR, which isn't completely unlikely), so it's not taking away from your aura stacking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

05-10-2010

Quote:
Mogri:
Two problems with that: first, Sivir is a slow jungler, second, there's usually someone on your team that needs Golem more than you.

You really need the MP5 early on in the game for BB spam. Later, Clarity runes will give you more than enough. At the point in the game where you need Chalice, leaving the lane for Golem is a bad idea, even if it didn't take forever for you to kill.

Eventually, you'll probably sell Chalice anyway (unless you need the MR, which isn't completely unlikely), so it's not taking away from your aura stacking.


I just gave this build a try, and it does work very well for early game harassment. Several games in a row I was effectively able to deny the other player their laning phase.

As far as aura stacking goes, as an experiment during a game where I was laning with someone, since Anivia had taken middle, I went with Mana Manipulator first as an opening item. In a lane with Cho'gath, it really aided the harassment. I just had to make sure I stayed back and last-hit and kept up the BB spam so as to avoid any damage, since I had no regen.

Against another Sivir, and an Evelynn, who was soon replaced by... gah, I don't remember who. Doesn't matter anyway - they were barely able to last hit anything between Cho and I.

In short, in middle, BB is great with a Meki pendant to start out. Sure, Ricochet has worked wonders for me as well maxing at start, but it still allows the enemy to land plenty of last-hits. BB does a great job denying them that.

In a team lane, I'll run with Mana Manipulator in the start if I'm laning with someone who has mana, then Stark's and Boots, and then roll the manipulator in to Soul Shroud, followed up with Aegis. If time persists, then go to Glacial Shroud -> Frozen Heart, but it rarely lasts that long.