Thou Shalt read this MFing thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karandyn

03-08-2010

Epic thread. You win my +1 and a sticky vote.

emptyopen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

haha enjoyed this

Iron Bible

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkadia View Post
Many wins. Sticky this for sure. Hell, make reading it part of the EULA.
Bad Idea. Nobody reads the EULA but the guy that wrote it.

In other news, excellent guide condon.

Killakiwi

03-08-2010

Kan i has yur babies? This guide makes me think of maddox who rules the world of internet. You shalt write moar guides and add me as friend.

fatalfencer

03-08-2010

And the lord made this thread, and said it was good.
+1

Arturrian

03-08-2010

I would also like to note that just because you "pwn face" with a hero in practice games DOES NOT mean you will do well in a MM game. Just because no one gets wards or oracles elixers to counter your mad Evelyn in a practice game doesn't mean your MM opponents won't. Don't get all aggressive your first time playing a hero in MM. You're still testing the waters at this point, because MM games are WORLDS apart from practice games.

And for God's sake, if I see another one of you idiots in the jungle while the enemy is right at our ****ing doorsteps, I will punch you so hard in the ovaries your children will come out autistic.

+1 for guide.

Basist

03-08-2010

I purposefully ignored this guide since I saw it made because of the title, thinking it a bit pushy and to boost my ego thinking "i'll read this? hah I don't think so!"

But I deter. Good job on compiling a "what every new player should read" thread. It is quite frustrating that when you get to a certain Elo and many things you mentioned happened, and all you can think is "you've played to level 30 and still do this ****?"

+1 to you

Wint3rmute

03-08-2010

This **** should be stickied, it's 4 in the morning and I still got a freaking wisdom b oner.

Although I didn't see 'Thou shalt not daftly run towards the enemy gank squad outside your base, just because they seem to be retreating.' Although I suppose that could be grouped into common sense...

For they, like you, also have the ability to turn around and since there are five of them, you will become stunned and die like a *****.

Basist

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wint3rmute View Post
Although I didn't see 'Thou shalt not daftly run towards the enemy gank squad outside your base, just because they seem to be retreating.' Although I suppose that could be grouped into common sense...
You forget, that is the reason why this was made; lack of common sense in the people that make us all rage.

EnderA

03-08-2010

Excellent post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
IX: Thou shalt practise

If you suck with a hero, but really like it, play practise games. Get a friend or two, scrim. Hell, find random practise games, play against bots a time or two to learn the limits of the skills. If you are honestly playing a character for the first time in an MM game, I hate you and wish you to die.

Not because you may feed. Hell, you might do alright, but you won't have the time or the breathing room to learn some of the more finesse oriented skills required to play the character. You won't learn how to properly flash grab, because you're too busy trying not to die and embarass yourself. Give yourself time. I don't care how pro you think you are, if you don't know the proper AoE range of dark matter without having to measure it out, you shouldn't be playing ****ing Viegar. End of story
What I do is I play on my smurf account.

Tired? Smurf account.
Trying on a new champ? Smurf account.
Messing around? Smurf account.
Playing with newbie friends that you're coaching? Smurf account.
Haven't played in a while? Smurf account.

It works. The only downside is the lack of champion availability.