Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
With the transition to the new patchers, a few common issues have been springing up. Below you can find a list of common issues, and how to post a new patcher-related issue to get support!
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect
Also shows as: Failed to launch RADS\system\rads_user_kernel.exe
Lack of Windows Updates
- Go to http://update.microsoft.com and download the latest Windows Updates. Note you may need to run through it 4-5 times before you get all updates.
- When updating, select the 'custom' option
- Make sure all High Priority are selected, but also software. Hardware is optional, but it rarely hurts to do.
- Do all updates, and try League of Legends again.
- If still having issues, Re-Run Windows Update and ensure you have all 'custom' patches.
PVP.Net Patcher Kernel is not responding
Possible Cause: - Other versions of League of Legends Open
- Not enough time for the launcher to start up
- Close any League of Legends Windows you have open.
- Restart your computer. This should close all instances of League of Legends.
- Only click to open League of Legends once - clicking multiple times could prompt this error
- When the "League of Legends" badge is open, do not click on it - it could take a few minutes to start up.
Patcher Freezing/Stuck on x%
- Slow network bandwidth
- Heavy server usage
- Stalled update
- Peer2Peer Issues
- Wait it out. Sometimes it can take a while to finish up, even at 99%. I would say anywhere up to 20 minutes without inactivity - if it's going up slowly then leave it to work its magic!
- Try closing and re-opening the launcher. Sometimes it'll go through the same process, but eventually finish.
- Try a quick restart. Always a good option!
- Open the launcher and select the settings menu (cog icon in the top right). Uncheck the "Peer 2 Peer" option. Apply the changes, and restart the launcher. Ensure the option saved!
Server Status: Blocked
If you are a player from South-East Asia, you will be unable to play on the NA/EU servers due to publisher agreements. This was announced a few months back.
You can head over to http://lol.garena.com/transfer/ and request a transfer to Garena's version of the game. If you have any issues, you can also direct a ticket to http://support.leagueoflegends.com (http://support.leagueoflegends.com[/COLOR])
If you continue to have problems...
You've got this far and you're still having problems. We can work on that! First step to try is a quick repair of the launcher:
- Launch the League of Legends Launcher
- In the top right hand corner, select the 'cog' (settings) menu, beside the minimise button
- Select the 'Repair Installation' Option. This may take quite some time, but the repair tool is pretty awesome!
- After repairing, start it over, and try other troubleshooting if necessary.
If issues persist after repairing, please make a new thread in the Help and Support forum, and include the following:
- A screenshot of the issue
- Your logs from C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS (default location, may vary)
- Your patcher_lib.log logs from C:\Riot Games\League of Legends (default location, may vary)
- A description of your problem (of course!)
- Any steps you've tried so far to resolve the issue