As Trist, how do you handle heimer in mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRealGLuB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-13-2010

Early game very hard to make a move on dinger without ultimate unless he gets sloppy

Around lvl 7 - 9 Tris will out range turrets + rapid fire easy to take them all out

dingers with no turrets are less likely to fight and hug turrets so they are hard to kill

so it all boils down to timing

Rocket Jump > ignite > explosion shot > rapid fire > buster call

should do the trick

GOOD LUCK HUNTING

LoVe, PeAcE & ChIcKeN GrEaSe

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

If rocket is the only thing that is bothering you, 1 health potion actually offset any rockets below level 2. It heals you in 20 sec--roughly the same as his CD.
If nothing else is bothering you, then you can offset everything he throws at you with 35g/hit--he's wasting a lot of mana, and will run out very quickly.
If you get 2 last hits in each wave, you're making more than you need in order to buy the potions.
Supplement that with minor life steal on your 2nd trip back, and he is no longer a problem. This is provided he's solomid, of course.

By this point, you'd have spent a maximum of 400G to counter him, instead of..a few thousand.

Happy killin' Heimer! (Er..just..don't kill me when I play one. I'm not even that good of a Heimer, so there's no need to use this trick against me)

Tornsoul

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorrrrrge View Post
A good Heimer never takes Turrets first, its all about the rockets and nades. Ashes are funny to mid against with heimer, they are so squishy.

I understand entirely what you are saying, but if a heimer goes rockets instead of getting turrets I would be glad about that. Heimer going rockets is similiar to going mid against teemo as ashe, he is highly dependent on hitting you with blinding dart every time its up, and running away so you cannot damage him back. If it is a rocket heimer I will pursue him aggressively and ignore creeps. If he does not have turrets to run too I will have no problem harrassing him just a smuch as he is harrassing me.

Stand off to the side so he cannot hide behind his creeps, make sure every volley hits him. I will likely buy merc treads first and work on a veil as it can be used late game still, eventually his damage goes from shocking at low levels to an annoyance.

Grundlestaint

03-13-2010

"As Trist, how would you handle Heimer in mid?"

Well, I would take him out to a nice dinner at Red Lobster and talk about Power Rangers the whole time. When we got back to my place I would proceed to show him my extensive collection of Sailor Moon action figures, and then ask him whether or not he would like to dress up as Sailor Venus or Sailor Jupiter for an evening lovemaking section.

Heimer has disconnected
Heimer has left the game

NaughtyByNature

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashiver View Post
Good heimers have been really hurting me in mid lately. It's the only match up I have struggled with really, other than one morde, but I consider him an anomaly. Their rockets hit really hard and have great range, do I just let him prevent me from farming altogether? The last one I fought alternated grenades with rockets, a mistake in my opinion since I dodged over 90% of the grenades. Even so, he was STILL able to kill me eventually, range and damage on the rockets being so ridiculous. Even though he wasted mana on grenades fairly frequently, it didn't matter since he had clarity. I even bought a null magic talisman and it didn't matter. I was still getting hit for 225 or so by his rockets. If I recall out for health, which I did from time to time, I fall behind in experience. If I don't recall out for health, I can't get close enough to last hit a minion without getting rocketed which means falling behind in gold. Calling for a gank is hard to do as well, since even with two of us he just retreats to his turrets. I also consider that somewhat of a cop out in terms of at least holding him off.
When I find out a Heimer is going mid when I play as Tristana I prefer to change lane with someone to farm at another lane. When you are at higher lvl Heimer is easier when you have longer range.. or at least i find him so.. I usually rocket jump past him and use ultimate to knock him back to get ganked works fine as long as he's alone.

Also; if he has set up a turret defence that would be easier at a higher lvl when Tristana has longer range than the turrets.

SkeetSkeetSkeet

03-26-2010

Madred's Razors.