As Trist, how do you handle heimer in mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tornsoul

03-08-2010

I will tell you what you can do in order to eliminate heimer as a problem. I deally if I see heimer at the loading screen "I generally play Ashe" I will start with a longsword and a healing potion. When I play ashe my yellow runes are mp5/level. I will buy and quickly go to mid as most heimers will get there fast in order to ensure they have both of their turrets setup before your creeps get there. Spam volley on his turrets until you hear the 30s to minion spawn. It doesnt matter if heimer does some damage to you, as long as you kill 1 or both turrets your in the money. Bluepill back and if you went back at the 30s announcement you should be able to follow the minons back down. If you killed both turrets you should have 30g, wait for the extra 5g and buy a second healing potion.

When you get there do your best to last hit, and spam volley trying to hit turrets as #1 priority and heimer as second. If you hit any creeps its a bonus but not a big deal. You want to damage him and force him to use potions and you want his turrets to die. He is still low level at this point so your not going to be missle/nade spammed yet. I ideally what you want to do is get around 800g or so before your forced to go back. This will allow you to buy madreds razor and the rejuv bead. The key thing is that you now have madreds razor, the proc on madreds will hit heimers turrets for 500, at lower levels instantly destroying them. Again spam volley as much as you can, your goal now is to make heimer run back, when he runs back take pot shots at his turrets, trying to proc madreds. Once you have 550~ gold go back and upgrade your rejuv bead to emblem of valor. Now whenever you get a madreds proc you will gain a large amount of health from the lifesteal, and you have a nice MP5 boost. I would focus on getting magic resist boots etc at this point. Since Tristana doesnt have volley im not sure how well this plan would work for her but you do have Rapid Fire so it may end up working for her as well. You could start with vamp scepter and upgrade to emblem then make madreds, that might work easyier for her.

Tornsoul

03-08-2010

@Nimroot

Or if you have a Mordekeiser on team send him mid, he will make Heimer cry.

keftes

Recruiter

03-08-2010

Tristana is one of the best solo mid'ers. I laugh at heim whenever i see one. Grab a vamp scepter or rejuv beed + HP pots and push like crazy. Heimer has no chance vs a decent tristana. Only cho'gath can put pressure to tristana (and a very good teemo).

Morzas

03-08-2010

Buy health potions. He can rocket every 20 seconds (a bit quicker with CDR) and health potions give you 200 HP over 20 seconds. So, let's say lane phase is 8 minutes long. He will rocket 24 times during laning, so you need 24 potions to counteract that.

Getting lifesteal is also a good (MUCH ****ING BETTER) option.

keftes

Recruiter

03-08-2010

He will oom if he rockets 24 times...

King Conker

03-08-2010

Just played a game and was forced to go mid vs hiem, he was all good till lvl six when i could buster him away from his turrets after that he went down faster then a gay waiter. hiem is defense so being aggressive wont help all that much, you just gotta separate him from the turrets and he falls.

MBirk

03-08-2010

If he was rockets and grenades, and you dodged the grenades, you should have destroyed him in a head to head fight.
What were your skills and items?
Even turrets/either, trist should have good control over the fight.
Some life leach will neutralize rockets.
Break off and kill the phantoms with rocketjump/explosive shot to regen, get gold/exp from time to time mid.

Kinney

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
Tristana is one of the best solo mid'ers. I laugh at heim whenever i see one. Grab a vamp scepter or rejuv beed + HP pots and push like crazy. Heimer has no chance vs a decent tristana. Only cho'gath can put pressure to tristana (and a very good teemo).
Against a skilled player in solo mid, Heimer is more of an annoyance than an actual threat. Lifesteal will help tons, as will judicious use of Explosive Shot. Remember to be patient and not get frustrated.

PatMcGroyne

03-08-2010

I use Nidalee... I don't have to dodge grenades or rockets because I can heal myself... Honestly I dont find his rockets to be a real threat anyways... I usually just eat the rockets dodge the grenades and I break his turrets he might starve me of an early game kill but when I hit lvl 6 i grab lizard and gank you just need to be patient.

Nucmam

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrats View Post
Why you should go mid as Trist anyway?There are a lot of other heroes who should go instead of Trist.
Your kidding right?

Anyways... I think any hero would be pushed back by a good nuking heimer. Only one I can think of that could take his fruity ass on is Sivir cuz of Spell Shield. But you'd have to be able to land your boomerang when trading shots. I think the trick is to not get caught up winning a harrassing war and farm until the pace of the game changes. If you know you can't get a kill harrassing him don't bother just get money. If you get caught up in a losing situation it takes away from your mid-late game ownage.

My advice to you would be having a doran's or lifesteal early to stay in the game and farm. Tristan is my most played hero and I usually have teleport and ignite as my summoner spell so going back early doesn't put me behind in levels. I rarely ever get doran's myself unless I see an eve or shaco on the other team. Knowing me though I'd probably still go with my boots and 2 health pot, 1 mana pot for ganking.