RADS Error

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DontMashMe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Unspecified error occurred. Please check log files for more information.

I ran it as admin too. Still.

( USER)[15:30:34.272] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Riot Application Distribution System (c) 2010 Riot Games (version 1.0.0.213)
( ERROR)[15:30:34.273] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: The system cannot find the file specified.
( ERROR)[15:30:34.273] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Failed to open settings file "c:\rads/system/locale.cfg" for input.
( ERROR)[15:30:34.273] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: The system cannot find the file specified.
( ERROR)[15:30:34.274] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Failed to open settings file "c:\rads/system/locale.cfg" for input.
( ERROR)[15:30:34.274] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: The system cannot find the file specified.
( ERROR)[15:30:34.274] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Failed to open settings file "c:\rads/system/system.cfg" for input.
( ERROR)[15:30:36.546] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed
( ERROR)[15:30:36.546] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Retrying after failed attempt 1
( ERROR)[15:30:38.798] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed
( ERROR)[15:30:38.798] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Retrying after failed attempt 2
( ERROR)[15:30:41.050] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed
( ERROR)[15:30:41.050] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Failed to download version information.
( ERROR)[15:30:41.051] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: SelfUpdate failed.
( USER)[15:30:41.051] WinMain: Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information.

and in case you need the self update one:

( USER)[15:30:33.990] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Riot Application Distribution System (c) 2010 Riot Games (version 1.0.0.213)
( ERROR)[15:30:33.992] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: The system cannot find the file specified.
( ERROR)[15:30:33.992] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Failed to open settings file "c:\rads/system/locale.cfg" for input.
( ERROR)[15:30:33.992] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: The system cannot find the file specified.
( ERROR)[15:30:33.992] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Failed to open settings file "c:\rads/system/locale.cfg" for input.
( ERROR)[15:30:33.992] RADS::Common::SettingsFile::SettingsFile::Load: Failed to open settings file "c:\rads/system/system.cfg" for input.
( USER)[15:30:34.039] WinMain: The operation completed successfully.

Thanks in advance!

DontMashMe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Edited.

Incantrix

Recruiter

05-03-2011

I am having the same issue. It installed the patch, but as soon as you try to load the game it brings up a window with the RADS error.

It does not even make it to the loading screen, which now I assume will screw me and everyone else who has this problem into having to reinstall the game altogether.

Does anyone even test any of the friggin patches? This folly has surpassed even the rediculous World of Warcraft patching problems.

Incantrix

Recruiter

05-03-2011

Set server to PATCH, then run out for coffee and let em stew awhile.

Incantrix

Recruiter

05-03-2011

There can not just be 3 people with this problem. Quit just viewing this **** post and post to keep it bumped.

DontMashMe

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incantrix View Post
Set server to PATCH, then run out for coffee and let em stew awhile.
elaborate

Incantrix

Recruiter

05-03-2011

...go into Riot Games \ League of Legends folder and double-click the LOL.LAUNCHER.ADMIN executable.

This apparently bypasses the RADS and took me directly to the new launcher and is currently patching.

No whether or not I can get through the patch is still up in the air, but there you are.

InkEyes

05-03-2011

ran into this as well, can it be fixed or do i have to re install? rather wait for it to be confirmed

DontMashMe

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incantrix View Post
...go into Riot Games \ League of Legends folder and double-click the LOL.LAUNCHER.ADMIN executable.

This apparently bypasses the RADS and took me directly to the new launcher and is currently patching.

No whether or not I can get through the patch is still up in the air, but there you are.
Still got the error.

Daxarian

05-03-2011

Seconding having the problem, and the lol.launcher.admin solution doing nothing.

1234511 ... 14