The New PvP.net Patcher is Here!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeMTex101

05-03-2011

ok well hope this fixes the problem I have with my laptop where in every time Nocturne is on screen for me EVERYTHING turns black and just stops

Sharpyyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

The new patcher seems to take a lot longer then the old ways to update, also mine stopped at 33% to scan for what felt like half an hour but was only actually 5 minutes continued downloading for 5 minutes then scanning again.

Unless the new patch is a couple hundred mb i am unsure as to why it's going to take 15 minutes to download.

And is there a way to change the speed at which is downloads at rather then a max of 250kb/s, my internet can average a lot greater then that both upload/download.

Chaddie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-03-2011

FYI anybody who hasn't played an MMO before, when a new big patch is released to everyone at once, and everyones peak hours is when it happens, that causes it to take a VERY long time :P

William Moon

05-03-2011

My thing says 33% and its been like this for an hour

egyptDarkNinja

05-03-2011

?????????????? it stoped at 99%

demonsmist6

05-03-2011

WOW!!!!, i downloaded this patch and now it wont work :'(!!!! HELP

TygerFrawst

05-03-2011

I finished the DL and now I can't start the program. I get the LOL symbol like i'm waiting for a game to load but it just disappears. No more LOL

Jmenace

05-03-2011

"Hey loyal riot gamers, make sure to turn your client on hours before you actually want to play because we are releasing a completely pointless update today. It wont really make the gameplay itself any better, but it will allow you to watch your games later. The games you will have to wait hours to be able to play because of the update."

Raventouched

05-03-2011

I was in the middle of a ranked game when it locked up. Then trying to get back into the game this installed and I was unable to rejoin my game. I don't know if I am going to lose elo for this but it sure makes me look bad. Couldn't we have done this at the next patch?

pfmadrian

05-03-2011

I say this is a gimmick to keep people happy, replays prolly will happen in a year