Rumble Build Orders / Guide (Masteries / Spells / Items / Runes)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nooglide

05-02-2011

Think this is a decent build, really easy to play and fun. Got a penta using this build only up to Rylai's in the build order with the offensive mastery setup mentioned. Seems solid every game played for pub scrubs like me.

Skill Order:
------------------------------
R > Q > W > E (can rotate W / E after 2 points in each to keep up your E damage and slow. I will take E before W at level 2 sometimes if I can't get close to minions b/c of a strong ranged like ashe)

Spells:
Exhaust / Ignite (could easily take Ghost/Flash but for pugging this is fun)

Item Order:
Doran Shield > Giants Belt (or boots 1 if you die) > Boots 1 (then giants belt if u had to get boots 1 early) > Chain Armor / Negatron Cloak depending on lane/who is fed > Chain Armor / Negatron cloak (other) > Sunfire Cloak preferably finish Sunfire for farming > Force of Nature (you can get before Sunfire if they have a fed AP) > Rylai's Crystal Scepter (you do not need the damage or slow from rylais before the defensive items) > Rabadons Deathcap > OPTIONAL (Voidstaff, Zhonya's Hourglass)

Runes:
Movement Speed Quints (these are amazing for getting in and out, but you could trade out for magic pen / AP or health if you dont have these runes)

Health/Level - Yellow (flat health for early game or dodge if you dont have these runes. the health/level are just better mid-long game)

Magic Pen - Red (must have)

Magic Resist/Level - Blue (can go with cooldown reduction or flat magic resist but these are the best mid-long game for tanky dps)

Masteries:
Recommend 9/21/0 but if you want a bit more offensive early game u can go 21/0/9. You'll lose vs an equal rumble or other tanky that goes with 9/21/0, however vs squishies you'll do much more damage early game with the bonus damage and ignite bonus. Easier to get fed as 21/0/9, much more durable 9/21/0. You can be tower diving very early with 9/21/0 and your W.

Other:
Lane Pref - Solo top or Bot (he's very strong holding a lane but also great as a team partner bot. typically i let my laning partner last hit for the most part until 3-4ish to set up / own bushes and harass b/c he is so good at farming after 2-3 points in Q)

Passive - don't try to 'manage' your heat, too much work and stops you from just slamming your abilities when you need to. Slam your abilities to Harass or start an ult or Farm and just remember that if you overheat go for the last hits more easily.

Harassing - generally float W and Q to push minions or harass. W Q over and over in and out trying to push back so you can deny. learn the duration of the W so you can get some Q damage in and then get out before your W speed is down. W to get angle for your E, W both offensively to harass and defensively to run.

Ulting - pre-teamfights, harass harass harass down to half health then W > Q > E, if you land your slow and have range, Ult in the direction they will run, Exhaust, and E again while you still can, follow with Ignite. once teamfighting starts just make sure you splash your ult where you will have most people standing in it for the duration of the ult. medium-high difficulty learning his ult effectively, hard to explain but its annoying targetting it when first learning. just take some time to throw a few down and get a feel for it.

Farming - you want to try to get your farm on as much as possible once laning is somewhat over, he can farm giant groups of minions quickly as a tank which is why i think he's kinda scary. i have been underleveled and ended up above our fed carry from a bit of farming. on top of that he can get from the farming to a teamfight quickly with W. huge advantage to get his sunfire early.

If you get matched against people that just outskill you or a comp that is hard in your lane just remember u can easily keep minions off your tower while getting most of the last hits with Q and overheat (Slam Q > E > W until you overheat to help get last hits when youre jammed up), just sit back and let them come in. Easy to defend with your ult.

nooglide

05-02-2011

(reserved)

nooglide

05-03-2011

(reserved)

Tenant

Friend of Urf

05-03-2011

Neat, but this should be on Guides & Strategy.

nooglide

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
Neat, but this should be on Guides & Strategy.
Reposting there, thanks!