Worst online game community

LoL 345 44.29%
Not LoL 434 55.71%
Voters: 779. You may not vote on this poll

Worst Community Ever (poll)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zsee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2011

you've never seen the DOTA community.

Corrosion83

06-22-2011

I would have to say LoL has the worst community I have ever seen. Granted, I haven't played HoN or DoTA so I can't really compare LoL with those two.

The number of people that spit out completely worthless criticism ("noob, learn to play", "God, my team is so awful", etc..) towards people that make mistakes or are new to the game is just astounding. I can somewhat understand this sentiment for high level, ranked games but this is just low level, normal games.

The fact that I have played hundreds of normal games, and can count instances where people took a second to say things like "Things would have went better if you did this instead" to their teammates as opposed to "Noob, uninstall LoL now!" on one hand is pretty telling in my mind.

But, I am a casual player that has not made it to the hardcore "high elo" games to see the "good" community people are talking about

Smiley

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snosauce View Post
Never tried HoN i just can't believe the scrubs i get queued up with man. Even at 1350+ ELO, i lost a bunch in a row yesterday... Had 2 games with an AFK, had 1 game where i had 2 ranged ad, another where i had a "pro" taric who was 1/5, ashe who was 1/10 and trundle(i think) who was 2/8. Also, i've had at least 3 or 4 trolls in the last 10 games i've played. Makes me a sad panda. If HoN is worse then this, i cant even imagine why anyone would even attempt to play it. Effectively, this is how it goes when i solo queue.

Me: Can anyone tank or jungle?
Everyone else: ........
Random guy: I'm playing laning Udyr, im pro don't worry jaja xD

/rage.
Haha or you get this.

Me: What does everyone plan on playing?
Everyone else: *silence*
Me: we have 15 seconds left, if no one picks I am just going to grab a tank.
Everyone else: *Silence*
Me: Ok grabbing rammus.
1 second left.
3 people grab tanks. Alister, Amumu, Shen Rammus and Katarina now happens to be our team comp.

Fyzick

06-22-2011

Theres alot of bads but this community has less ****** bags then alot of mmos. There is also a direct correlation between skill and success so at the end of the day if someone is talking **** you can just ask them their elo in solo que or premade 5s. I know in wow people in top raiding guilds would act badass because they could kill the same boss every week for 17 weeks and do 3291739139018321 dps even though i could kill them every time i fought/dueled or found them in battlegrounds. EVE was the same way except it required about 9000 more hours to do anything.

H0ax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

The only way to do it is arranged team... Ever since school got out for all the children the community has gone to ****. When school goes back in session we will have a little more peace and quiet where every game isn't filled with

Me: Gl hf!
Every other person on the other team: Stfu noob, **** off, you are going to get raped!

That kind of stuff is what really irritates me and brings down the community in general. This is where the problem is, however it is not the worst community, this community is very well organized and filled with a lot of good players as well, and I always have a lot of fun when playing arranged team, and my arranged team ELO reflects that, however solo q I will never win a game if I am not the carry... And as the carry I have to waste all my farm on wards... And that's the only way I can win, if I am the tank I always do well but the carrys always fail, aka ELO hell... Thats why get a group together to play this game, makes it much more enjoyable!

dreamstasis

06-28-2011

search under google "worst community ever" top of the list is this forum, gg LoL is undoubtedly the worst ive ever seen, hands down.

Jinasis

06-30-2011

28 yr old casual player, I really just enjoy the game. I do not enjoy the people in the games. 2-3 people fighting over mid (about half of the time due to language barriers...), the afkers/leavers, intentional feeders, but the worst thing I hate about the community is the people that rant in-game. Sorry, I do not need you to tell me when I do poorly, pretty certain if I am 1/5, I already know I'm not doing well. Raging about it doesn't fix a problem (which often comes just from a bad match-up with no one willing to trade off) and getting all huffy when somebody can/does make an insult back to your insults is just debase.

It'd just be nice to separate the high-risk "afkers / poor rated attitudes / guilty of intentionally feeding" into their own bracket as kind of a probationary thing, which could be more inclusive than the current banning lists and a stepping stool to keep people from being banned.

I'm in a clan, numbers really aren't as big as I'd like, good people though. I am still luring friends into the game. Until then, I deal with people who are in between games and the poor of character.

Edit: It'd also be nice for non-ranked matches to consider skill level of players (hidden elo ranking-ish). It'd be a way to make games a lot closer. Similar in concept to SC2, which I felt was a very nice/enjoyable move.

DuffTime

06-30-2011

No matter what game you play, when you reach a competitive level of play, if you're not playing with friends, you are suddenly amongst the worse community ever.

DuffTime

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstasis View Post
search under google "worst community ever" top of the list is this forum, gg LoL is undoubtedly the worst ive ever seen, hands down.
It's #2 on my search after HoN =P

ClubbedToDeath

06-30-2011

In casual games there are only 2 kinds of players:

1. Kids who just want to get kills at the expense of all else; resorting to trolling/flaming when they inevitably suck.

2. Wannabe elitists who flame everyone who isn't following their inspiring leadership.

I don't play LoL for the community.