how to counter olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinshana

05-02-2011

So I found olaf and bought him. Now in pubs I'm a bit reckless at times. But I jungled, went greaves, starks, mallet, atma, phantom, BV and basicalled 1v5ed the other team. Took out soraka and irelia, then morde and rumble then finished off katarina. But how would someone counter me? He seems soo strong I feel unstoppable due to ultimate.

Give me ideas so I can work on avoiding bad matchups.

ALL DAT MAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

I was playing against Olaf as ashe and wondered the same thing... I honestly just think its high burst damage? But when it comes to kiting or trying to CC, he is untouchable... He is also pretty easy to itemize against.

Shalashaka

05-02-2011

He is vulnerable to being caught offguard with Hard CC (stunned from a bush and focused down), exhaust (this one is very big), blinds (teemo, heimer, etc) and massive burst (Leblanc, Garen Ult, etc).

He is also vulnerable to carries who can carry harder, such as Poppy or Trynd.

Poppy can just ult a support champion and beat u senseless while u try to run from her insane damage.

Tryndamere will cut you apart, since you can't lifesteal from him while he is at 1 HP (endless rage).

You are roflstomping right now because the enemy team is organized enough to focus you, ambush you, or get good summoners/champs to counter you.

Take advantage of it. And take their heads.

Teamius2041

05-02-2011

1. Anyone who build heavy armor is someone to avoid since you only do AD and one form of true damage. I'm saying more then just a Thornmail.
2. An enemy that knows when to CC you, yes your ult does stop you from being CC but a smart enemy will know when to use it against you.
3. Someone who uses your same build. I mean basically a Jax, Yi, Xin, any other Tanky DPS that builds attack speed, life steal, and damage. I have never found myself in this match yet so I'm not too sure what it could go down to personally but I believe it is who has the higher of the three or who could do the most burst.

From the look of your enemy it appears that they did not have any CC, and you did the right thing. Target their healer, then the carry, the tanks, lastly the other carry.

Try to avoid being CC by having Merc Treads (greaves are nice but as Olaf that 25% isn't much due to your passive), Banshees, Quicksilver, and Cleanse (if you can spare the summoner spell, since you jungle)

Eninya

05-02-2011

Without Ragnarok and Undertow spam, he'll get kited forever.

iP1ayJarvan

05-02-2011

i do wonder though, does the damage reduction component of exhaust count as a CC to be immune to during his ult?

Xervous

05-02-2011

fully itemized Olaf is going to do crazy things.
counter him by preventing him from reaching that point:
- counter jungle him
- ward to prevent ganks