Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Cluckadoo, Pedigree Cockatrice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dessim8

05-02-2011

[Champion Suggestion] Cluckadoo, Pedigree Cockatrice

Lore: Somewhere in Valoran is a mostly avoided assortment of mountains few enough in number to not be known even by most maps or explorers. Those that do know of them know well the dangers of the beasts upon them, the dreaded Cockatrice. These birds of prey have the bodies of chickens, with the wings and tails of a venomous dragon and a dreadful assortment of stony abilities including their gaze.

Summoners have become intrigued by these birds and some have tried to capture them as pets of grandeur. None have yet to try and enter one into the league until now. Said summoner has claimed anonymity, but his Cockatrice, Cluckadoo, is perhaps the most well known bird in cockfight arenas. He was enough of a champion there that it has earned its place within the league.
“I’m stone, but I sure was rocked!” - Malphite

Roles: Mage, Ranged, Pusher

Function: Cluckadoo is a disabler with poison, a decent CC ultimate and chasing power. His Shatterbeam can literally rip minion waves apart.

Health: 399 + 79/lvl (1821 @18)
AD: 49 +3/lvl (103 @ 18)
Mana: 246 +57/lvl (1272 @ 18)
Speed: 345
Armor: 11 + 3.65/lvl (76.7 @ 18)
M Resist: 30
Range: 575

[Passive] Henpeck – Clukadoo's health and mana regen increase by 10% when he kills a unit for 8 seconds. This effect can stack up to three times.

[Q] Shatterbeam – Launches a ray of minor petrification that can interrupt channeling. Enemies directly struck will be damaged and very briefly stunned (to a point where it exists to interrupt channels mostly) and then burst damaging enemies around it with a low percentage of the damage they took.

Those directly struck by beam take 80/115/150/185/220 (.65 AP) damage and the stone shattering deals 30/43/56/69/82 (.2 AP) damage to targets near those that shatter stones. If a target takes more than 3 Shatters, the fourth and beyond will be reduced by 15%. The beam has a decent reach and width meaning it can wipe creep waves. Costs 100/110/120/130/140 mana and has a 13/12/11/10/9 second CD. Has 730 range and moves really fast.

[W] Venom Gust – Fires a cloud of noxious vapor in a forward pattern that poisons enemies who step inside. Poisons enemies for 30/42/54/66/78 (.2 AP) damage per second. The poison lasts for 3 seconds when they leave the vapors. Costs 80/90/100/110/120 mana. Has a 14/13/12/11/10 second CD. The cloud moves forward like Janna or Galio’s wind leaving a poison trail behind it but dealing no impact damage.

[E] Stone Beak – When not on cooldown, Cluckadoo’s beak provides added magic damage. When used, Cluckadoo launches a magical strike from his beak at a target, snaring their feet in stone and then stunning them after that ends. but dulling his beak’s power. Adds 10/16/22/28/34 (.18 AP) damage to your auto attack. The snare does 60/95/130/165/200 (.65 AP) magic damage and snares for 1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6 second. 3 seconds after the snare ends, they are stunned for .3/.4/.5/.6/.7 seconds. Has a 13 second CD.

[R] Golden Gaze – AKA, Zhonya’s in Ultimate form... sorta. When used, Cluckadoo encases an ally or enemy in golden stone, preventing any damage but unallowing them to interact with the world around them. Cluckadoo cannot target himself. Costs 140/115/90 mana and has a 100/85/70 second CD. Lasts 1/1.25/1.5 seconds and Allies encased can finish channeling any abilities they were channeling. Allies who ARE channeling spells can finish the entire spell even if it outlasts the duration. Encased allies also restore 15/20/25 (.015 AP) percent of their health while encased.

Tips:

• Large Creep waves are dangerous to enemies. You can deal lots of shatter damage and clear them fast.
  • Golden Gaze can help your allies channel against stun heavy teams.
  • Clukadoo is faster than most magic users. This mixed with his disruptive skills let him catch fleeing enemies.
  • Team up with Skillshot users to scare and zone your enemies by forcing them to either deal with skillshots that can be blocked by minions or endure the extreme power of a clump-heavy Shatter Beam.

Playing Against
  • Never stand too close to creep waves or you could quickly lose more health than you should.
  • Clukadoo cannot Golden Gaze himself. He makes a prime first target in large team fights because of this.
  • Keep Clukadoo moving to destroy his laning precense.
  • Igniting a target that gets encased will reduce the healing done.
Recommended Items:

Doran's Ring: Good for a nice start with AP and MP5. You could instead start with a Meki Pendant to build up either a Deathfire Grasp or Archangel Staff.

Sorcerer's Shoes: With all that magic damage, it's sure to make any fool who stands amongst a minion wave more than regret his choice.

Rylai's Scepter: With stuns and snares, why not add some slow, even on the auto attack bonus. Speaking of...

Nashor's Tooth: Actually lets you hit hard and fast with passive bonus damage, added AP, MP5 and CDR synergize it even better.

Rabbadon's Deathcap: It's a mage chicken, does it need any other reason to get it?

Zhonya's Hourglass: For those times you want two statues about. You can't Ult yourself, leaving this as the alternative.

Dessim8

05-02-2011

Insert chickeny wiener jokes here.

Applebeard

05-02-2011

I have a heightened respect for anyone that puts the amount of effort in to try to design champions, but I am short on time so I can only get to the passive :[

The Lore: Love it
Passive: I don't personally think anything that globally harms an enemy team is going to be particularly fun. It is somewhat an Anti-Fun Pattern because there is nothing they can do to stop it, it's just always there, and some champs really need that movespeed. The attack speed would be a better bet, but 3% in reality isn't that much, and still, a global annoyance like that idt would b good. My Idea: Perhaps make it more conditional. With trying to maintain your original intent: When Cluckadoo casts an ability, nearby enemies (600 units?) become Bogged, reducing movespeed by 3/6/9% and attack speed by 5/10/15%. Doesn't stack with multiple abilities. This helps it synergize with his other abilities.

Dessim8

05-02-2011

The aura is literally the same thing as Janna's in reverse. How is this anti-fun when Janna's is not?

I'm really not understanding this, it's even 1% weaker

Applebeard

05-02-2011

Quote:
Dessim8:
The aura is literally the same thing as Janna's in reverse. How is this anti-fun when Janna's is not?

I'm really not understanding this, it's even 1% weaker

Right, but Janna's provides a bonus to your team, not taking something away from the other team. The difference is that Janna's passive is just a happy bonus for her team, whereas taking away movespeed globally is something that the enemy team can do nothing about (other than be sure Cluckadoo doesn't spend a single second alive). Plus the name of the passive makes it seem like it should be a more close area thing anyway, as the entire map isn't bogged down just because Cluck is there.

Movespeed locally would be a better fix if you want this movespeed debuff, but I still wouldn't like it :\. Then again, it does give the name Bog more meaning.

Forgot to +1 the OP, did that now

Dessim8

05-02-2011

A brand new passive to help him stay laning.

Major Alchohol

05-02-2011

The passive seems hard for an agressive pusher, you might want somthing like that that happens after a unit kill or maybe per unit traveled.

Dessim8

05-11-2011

Don't be chicken.

Dessim8

05-20-2011

Rockadoodle!

Yousosmart

06-07-2011

Now this is much better.

A unique passive that encourages you to kill off enemies to briefly increase your regenerative capabilities. Could use some higher percentages (or just use flat numbers), but I'm not the best person to be asking about that.

The Q skill is cool, being both an interrupt and a good AOE attack for farming. I feel you'd be safe, though, letting it deal a half-second stun, so that it has some slightly meaningful use as a weak disable in a team fight. No need to have that "stacking" bit, though; why do you have it?

The W skill is a neat one. A long-range skill-shot line poison projectile is pretty cool. Nothing I see wrong with it, concept-wise.

The E skill, though, probably shouldn't stun AND snare together. Maybe have it snare if used normally, but it could stun targets who had recently been hit with your Q. Adds more synergy and better control, while also being more balanced.

Now your ultimate? That is cool. basically banish a player, friend or foe, from play for a brief moment, either saving an ally or leaving an enemy unable to do anything. Helps that it doesn't interrupt allied channeling.

Overall, this one is a step up from your previous concepts. I say this one's currently (at least one of) your star player(s). Thumbs up.

Oh, and for the joke, try to make a KFC reference. Something like "You're gonna taste finger-licking good!"