Leavers, AFKers and Malicious feeders Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rot

06-16-2010

Make it so that leavers can only play with other leavers. Seriously, all these leavers are ruining the fun of the game for me, and makes me want to quit. I know a lot of others feel the same way. 4v5 is an almost impossible uphill battle, and is no fun. I really hope the developers will think of a solution quick before they start losing a lot of players.

Anlysia

06-17-2010

Once upon a time I suggested auto-stacking 6-hour bans for leaves.

After losing to a leaver, yet again (and this time he sat in Nexus for ~20 minutes before "disconnecting") I think that's too light.

24 hours first offense, plus an additional 24 per offense within two weeks of a previous leave. If it gets up to 7 leaves without fourteen days between them, auto-account-ban.

Mateo151

06-17-2010

alot of the solutions ignore the leacher aspect... you don't have to leave to ruin the game

Fran Madaraki

06-17-2010

Once I played 3v5. One guy didn't connect to the game at all, another one fed for five minutes, said that the game is stupid and ragequit.

Then we defended for fifty minutes. We lost, but it was literally the awesomest game I ever had.

Suggestion: first leave equals 30min ban, applied after the game ends. Thus we don't bother guys with emergencies.

Ever awesomer suggestion: ban applied equals the length of the game he left, regardless of winning or losing the game.

Subsequent leaves pileup bans.

Jetware

06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetelian View Post
Lost a 3v5 yesterday, won a 5v3 last night, can't even BELIEVE how many people leave games as early as 10 minutes because of a 5-10 kill deficit.

People need to stop, count to 10, hit a couple jungle monsters and continue without deaths. I've turned games around, because TURRETS win games and good pushing.

44Kills vs 22Kills and we won with the 22kills because they could gank but had no pushers. We had 3 good laners that died a lot but took turrets down and defended them hard.
must say i agree with pretty much everything Xetelian has said. people get so worked up that the team is down 10 kills. who freakin cares?!? if the other team wants to gank their hearts out, that's fine, try some strategy and pick them off individually, back door turrets, blah blah. there are lots of strats out there and if you TALK TO YOUR TEAM in a logical and polite fashion, you might be surprised that some of the games you're actually quite capable of turning around.

having said all that, i do believe there are games where you just know that you're doomed to fail. but. in that case i still NEVER leave. i would rather play it out and practice my own skills, and maybe even try to help the people on my team (if you approach it right, most people are open to suggestions and help). if you get soooooo upset at losing a game that you actually feel the need to rage quit, then perhaps you need to seek counselling. not sure if anyone told you, but despite the fact it is a competitively played game and no one likes to lose, it's still just a GAME. at the end of the day, getting pissed off about it is pretty stupid and not only ruins your own experience, but everyone else's too. sadly, most people don't even consider that and have the attitude "its the internet dude what do i care", as zz has stated. pretty pathetic approach to gaming, and i would bet that carries into his dealings in RL as well.

now that i'm totally off topic, back to the OP: something definitely needs to change with leavers, and i'm leaning more and more towards a ban of x minutes or hours, that begins after the game ends. the only problem with this is it punishes people that have connectivity issues, but is it maybe possible, Riot, to differentiate between the two?

no matter what, i think only a serious consequence will realistically have a chance of improving or changing the leaver situation in any way. right now it's far too easy to drop out as there's simply no consequence except having to wait a bit, big deal. another suggestion might be to deduct IP for every leave, an amount equal to 5 wins or something would probably be sufficient deterrent, and wouldn't punish too badly the occasional emergency leaver.

Xetelian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo151 View Post
alot of the solutions ignore the leacher aspect... you don't have to leave to ruin the game

Vote to kick is really all I could think of for the guy who alt tabs back and forth to stay connected.

EFG

06-18-2010

And the feeder who just won't stop...

tehgamedude

06-20-2010

Leavers... they are a miracle aren't they? I'm suprised no riot member has checked this thread yet, does this not anger them? It sure has angered us. I took your poll and riot, you don't seem to care at all about leavers ruining games for everyone. Most of them just feed, most of them just rage, what's their punishment? a Red number, what's it do? just sits there, you haven't mentioned anything about what they mean, Wins mean you are experienced and play well, loses don't show. Leaves, okay, in a normal game, you can't see anybodies leaves, ELO???? is that what your gonna show on the first season? Leaves? Ratios on number of games finished and left? Riot, work on these lousy game leavers, make the leaver marks mean something, number of leaves = number of IP/EXP subtracted? Above leave threshold = ban? No arranged teams? This thread explains everything why we are so frustrated, it is the most viewed and commented on the first page of the section, but do you see a RIOT worker, social team, replying to any of them? NO!

/bump

Sickened

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

/signed and /bumped

Feeders/afker's/leavers go play some practice games so the rest of us can enjoy the games we actually get to play during our nights.

Lap

06-22-2010

I think the only way you should be able to kick someone is if they are intentionally feeding (game detects x deaths in a row and/or within a certain period of time). This would merely start the vote so you wouldn't accidentally be kicked if you were actually still helping your team.

If you can just kick people based on votes you get all sorts of drama with people trying to kick each other because of stupid disagreements and stuff.