Leavers, AFKers and Malicious feeders Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TUKAN SAM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

I can't agree more with the OP. I am constantly playing with leavers, deliberate feeders, players who sit in the base and do nothing or refuse to help the team. One game I had a player who hid in brush while we planned to gank an enemy. Once I attacked, HE SAT THERE HIDING UNTIL I DIED OR RAN and then, of course, he stole the kill. I have no problem with sharing kills and whatnot as a team, but that's just ridiculous.

Help us Riot, something needs to be done!

Xetelian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

There is a 4v4 game called gunbound, leaving in the middle of a match removes Gold, and distributes it to the remaining 3.

Leaving a match even accidentally still does the same thing, I think this is nice idea to prevent so much leaving.

I had a lot of ideas up there, maybe someone will implement one of them, keep this thread bumped and present more ideas for us to toss around.

We badly need a way to deal with problem players, maybe vote kick?

Firehawk

Recruiter

06-04-2010

+1 for these concepts. The bot idea is great, having it offer very little exp and gold and would be a bit of help for the team who got screwed by a leaver.

Leavers have very no real consequences which is bad. This game is very dependant on teamplay and with people just getting emo or quitting because they died twice early on ruins gameplay. Don't give me excuses about your poor internet, people who have 25+ leaves don't have poor internet, they have poor sportsmanship and shouldn't be playing this game.

LTPapaBear

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetelian View Post
I don't think the mechanics of your idea will work code wise, thats a lot of different things happening at once that aren't being accounted for, last player to leave is replaced? How long is his wait before playing another game? Such things like that and simply coding players into a state where they can enter games in progress at the same time that the leaver can just doesn't mesh.

Interesting idea though.
For Quits it is easy. DCs you'd just have to pick a time.

Makenx

06-04-2010

We need more threads like OP's. Hopefully ideas like these will catch the Riot Community guy's eyes.

FireT

06-04-2010

I once had to lose a game because it ended up being 3v5. Seriously those people were on my ignore list, but my mood was damaged.

Yes please implement these ideas.

kide83

06-04-2010

like your ideas bro, im also sick od leavers and feeders myself

Xetelian

06-04-2010

The other threads cropping up are a lot of the same ideas

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=128783
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=128643

Very good suggestions!

Keep it up!

Shameless bump? Never!

The big issue?

The MAJORITY, not all but MOST of the games I've played involved someone Leaving entirely or simply going Away from Keyboard and getting IP/EXP for queing and leaving the game on...to return and reconnect or they don't get disconnected for some reason and I haven't figured that one out unless they're just alt tabbed and coming back before they need to reconnect.

Why are most of our games, and I assume we suffer this problem as a whole and not just me...full of problems?

How can you punish the guy who had to run to an emergency?
The dude with diarrhea?

You do it with tough love.

How do you punish the manipulator? The vagrant. The jerk that does it for kicks?

The same tough love but let it build over time so as to deter them.

We need to encourage and reward participation more clearly and reduce the ease of leaving.
People added a lose to my PERFECT score...because its 3v5...why shouldn't they have something more done to them than a leaver mark?

The games are usually near an hour in length or half hour on TT. That's a lot of time to have to waste on these people.

I say Riot comes out on this issue and opens the discussion IN the forums, ON the BLOGS and MAIN PAGES!

Xetelian

06-06-2010

Can we enter my ideas from people into this thread? People keep making NEW threads and its really interesting to see the same ideas over and over again but it'd probably be noticed sooner if they saw a thread with many pages instead of many threads sinking into infinity.

Walkingbox

06-06-2010

What about if your team just suck/doesn't speak English etc. and you just waste your time in the game? Or if you encountered a problem that takes an hour or so to fix(I've had that problem)?