Leavers, AFKers and Malicious feeders Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metta Game

Byronik

08-28-2010

bump for justice

Kamikaze kae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

Ok heres my idea on how to get rid of people leaving
Negtive points are givin to people who leave games

7-12 points
1. you will not be able to join Ranked game
2. every game left after 5 points you gain less xp and Ip 15% or so
3. after the game finishes you have to wait 25 min to join another game

13-18points
1. Not be able to join ranked game
2. everytime you log on you will be noted how many games till your account is under supervision (17 games)
3. wait 2 hours after match finishes until you can join a new game
4. 30% less xp and ip gained

19-25 games
1. not be able to join ranked
2. your account is on the edge you intentionally feed or use very foul language you might have you account suspended
3 . if you leave a game 1 day till you can join a new one
4. 50% less ip/xp gained

30 games or more
1 . account is frozen for a week or more depending on how nice the account managers feel
2. if your account is not frozen your under strict guide lines to follow no quit no foul language ect.
3. your account may be shut down FOREVER

Points can be removed 1 every month and 1 every 15 games streak without leaving
also another thing can be added with 12 or more games you will have to join a leavers que where all players have 12 or more games left

BUT off topic a little i think they should have IP bonus for winning streaks 1/2 of the points for every game after 5 games without losing so 10 game winning streak 2 extra points and AND if you break somone's streak and extra 1/3 of the games he had won
Example: 2 players on the same team with streaks 'player 1' has a 10 game streak and 'player 2' has a 20 game streak if they win 'player 1' gets an extra 5 ip points and 'player 2' gets an extra 10 points
NOW if they lose the winning team will get 3 points for 'player 1' streak broken and 6 points for breaking 'player 2' streak giving the winning team an extra 9 points (always round down)

MOONIAS

08-29-2010

I don't know if this has been said before in this thread but I will for the sake of everyone.

I recently shifted from HoN to LoL and trust me I've played HoN (Heroes of Newerth) for 1000+ games. I got bored and wanted to try new heroes and new mechanisms etc...

The sad thing is, this game has potential, but there is one major drawback in this game, and it is leavers/AFKers/Feeders.

I know you might not like what I will say but on this side of the game HoN has LoL completly beaten 1000% down. So I suggest you get ideas from the good things HoN has implemented in their game. (If it's not copyrighted etc...)

1. Add stats other than levels. In HoN each and every account has their own cummulated stats, just to give example, Kill: Death ratio per game, creep kills per game, win percentage and most heroes played. But most importantly it includes a Leaver percentages which is of course a % of your total played games.

1b. What happens when your leaver percentage cross a certain treshold, you get marked as Leaver Status. This prevents you from joining the games classified as "No Leavers". Yes this introduces the concept of Leavers allowed or No Leavers games. And after you are back in the no leaver treshold, you can now rejoin games No Leaver.

2. You NEED to implement this as this has become quite mandatory in a DOTA like game. An afk check, it is really simple, after 5 minutes of inactivity (define it however you like, in HoN it is 5 minutes of not getting out of base or not fighting anything). After a player has been marked AFK, allow the team with this player to vote kick if they want to.

3. Feeders: Solved by #1 by addind a Kill : Death ratio stat, and you could make this stat to be also in the matchmaking criterias. For example somebody with 0.1 KDR meaning that usually in a game his score is 1-10 or lower would not be grouped with people with 2.0+ KDR meaning they usually have at least twice as many kills as death.

Just my two cents as I have now played about 20 games of LoL, and about 3 of them were "fair" and about 5 of them were actual 5v5 matches, this is a pretty bad ratio if you want my opinion...

KARN493

09-20-2010

Just make leavers play together .. and feeders play together.. lol

At this point, I prefer to pay 50$ a year for that game than having to play 95% of the games 4vs5, so just ban them.

And, its annoying when someone d/c and the character just stays in the middle of the map for a free kill....

illusionary army

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2010

Here's my answer:

NEW Game Mode & Bonus IP!
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=270891

Come and share your thoughts/comments!

L0ST HER0

10-22-2010

Positive reinforcement is the only possible solution to the current leaver problem that would be accepted by both leavers and non-leavers alike without much fuss.

This is one possible version of how the matchmaking system could give a "reward" to someone with zero leaves, simply match them with other people with zero leaves as teammates. In other words, if you have the decency to plan the next hour of your life and also have a decent internet connection, you should not have to ever be placed with a leaver.

This concept could then be applied to a new element in the matchmaking system that for all those with 1+ leaves, they would be matched with other people who have similar amounts of leaves.

Example of how these numbers might look:

Zero leaves ---> ONLY matched with zero leaves
1-10 leaves ---> other people with 1-10 leaves
10-30 leaves ---> others with 10-30 leaves
30+ leaves ---> other with 30+ leaves

This is just an example, the numbers are not based on anything, but you get the point.

Summary: Huge reward to people with zero leaves coupled with an actual matchmaking stat that is tiered for those with any leaves. Once a person racks up a certain amount of leaves, they will simply drop into the highest bracket of leaves, this is represented above by the 30+ mark but might need to be slightly higher.

The only flaw I can think of in this system is that a person with zero leaves could still have the bad luck of playing with a leaver should that be their 1st leave.

L0ST HER0

10-22-2010

I would also like to comment on the approach for dealing with AFK and other in game, non leaver issues.

AFK seems so simple of a problem to solve I have a hard time understanding why it exists at all.

Step one:
If an odd number of people leave, simply prompt the outnumbering team with a message that says one of them may leave with no penalty and receive a minimal IP/XP amount, based on time in game. The teams would now be balanced and the game could continue.

Step two:
If an even number of people drop and the teams are currently unbalanced, simply have some sort of auto-balance system. I think we can all agree that auto-balance systems are not always amazing, but having an even number of people is better than playing a 2 v 4 match.

Step three:
Initiate a temporary pause after any disconnect that also opens a new chat window allowing the discussion of who will volunteer to leave or whatever. This would go great with Step one,also, a system that allows the volunteer to alert both teams of their decision to leave would help make sure your last tank or carry doesn't leave. Basically you see the alert, then say "hey, dont leave, you are our carry, ill leave instead ok....?" This alert would coincide with a timer that would count down to their actual disconnect, during which they could cancel the leave. This part of the system would also only allow one volunteer to leave, preventing accidental entire team leaves.

I think that we can solve a lot of the major problems in this game without negative solutions, and thus keep the environment positive and friendly.

Some flaws I can see with this idea:
1: Language barrier.
2: People being uncooperative on purpose.
3: Secret info like Teemo mushroom placement could be brought to the other team during an auto-balance.
4: The mentioned issues with your only tank or carry volunteering to leave, then leaving you disadvantaged.
5: Arranged teams might be broken up during any auto-balancing.

LordKahra

02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ST HER0 View Post
This concept could then be applied to a new element in the matchmaking system that for all those with 1+ leaves, they would be matched with other people who have similar amounts of leaves.

Example of how these numbers might look:

Zero leaves ---> ONLY matched with zero leaves
1-10 leaves ---> other people with 1-10 leaves
10-30 leaves ---> others with 10-30 leaves
30+ leaves ---> other with 30+ leaves

This is just an example, the numbers are not based on anything, but you get the point.

Summary: Huge reward to people with zero leaves coupled with an actual matchmaking stat that is tiered for those with any leaves. Once a person racks up a certain amount of leaves, they will simply drop into the highest bracket of leaves, this is represented above by the 30+ mark but might need to be slightly higher.

The only flaw I can think of in this system is that a person with zero leaves could still have the bad luck of playing with a leaver should that be their 1st leave.
Idea to make this extremely unlikely: Add a new players leaver tier, which holds only new players with zero leaves. A new player would be transferred into the normal tiers when they leave a game or hit 25 games played.

Action Bastid

02-08-2011

I'm gonna throw my support behind the Leavers have to play with each other. If you're of the mindset that you can leave when things start looking down, then you can play with others of the same mindset. Then when all your games only last a few minutes because one team or the other all quits, you can sit there and regret your decision.

I think though, rather than having it be a set number of leaves, it should be a percentage.

Leave between 0-5% of your games: get matched with other similarly low percentages and maybe scale it up from there with a bracket every 10%. That way the only way to move down in brackets is by finishing games out, and I don't think it would unduly punish those with bad connections, unless they have well and truly horrible connections. ((In which case I still think its justified, because they're disrupting others games with their bad connection.))