1st Proving Grounds Tournament ($125 in prizes!)

1234511 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R66Y

05-01-2011

Well, despite having 30 players sign up for Proving Grounds this weekend, we were unable to get 5 games going. However, as we did have the required sign-up, I am officially announcing the Proving Grounds Tournament.

Format
:
Tournament will be in the form of a single elimination tournament. Games will be blind pick summoner rift.

Teams:
Teams will consist of 1 PG mentor and 4 students. For the first tournament, I am limiting the tournament to 8 teams.

Mentors:
Mentors will act as team captains. Mentors may sign up to lead a team until 5 pm EST Wed. May 4th. A limit of 8 mentors will able to sign up. If more sign up, I will decide which ones will lead, with preference given to those that have put in significant time to PG. I realize this may leave a few people out in the cold, but I hope this is only the first of many PG tournaments and do not want it to be larger than I can manage the fist time through.
Players:
Once the Team captains have been chosen, they will be listed and any current or former PG player may sign up under a mentor (they must have participated in at least 1 PG prior to signing up). Please note which mentor you want to play under, and at least 1 alternate mentor (in case too many sign up under the same mentor). Teams will be on a first come basis and mentors will have no say in their teams (ie, the players will get to choose whom they want to play with!).
Alternates:
If you miss the sign up OR want to sign up but are unsure if you will make it, you can sign up as an alternate. Alternate will be used to fill in spaces on game day for no shows. IF you are late and have been replaced on game day, you will be added to the alternate pool.

Date:
Tournament is tentatively scheduled for Friday, May 13th at 9pm EST. Teams are encouraged to play together with their mentor prior to the game.

Prizes:
I will be giving out a $25 Riot Card to each member of the tournament champion team!

General Rules:
- No restrictions on Mentors (Team Captains) in choice of champion, roles, runes, or masteries.
- Games will be blind pick games on summoners rift.
- Game results will be reported to me by both team captain immediately following the game.
- General rules from PG regarding sportsmanship apply (this is a "for fun" tourney, prizes are nice but not the true reason for this tournament).

Hope to see people there in 2 weeks and hope everyone has some fun!

R66Y

05-01-2011

Brackets:

Round 1
Game 1: Burbinator VS. Travigaler
Game 2: ugnis13 VS. The Djinn
Game 3: rajuncajun VS DJBok
Game 4: Eggtart Chow VS. Anthill12790

Round 2
Burbinator VS. The Djinn
DJBok VS Eggtart Chow

Finals:
Burbinator VS DJBok

Congrats to Burbinator's team for winning the first PG Tournament. Replays have been graciously uploaded at the end of the thread by several of the players, including the final game.

Hope everyone had fun and thanks to all who participated. This has really helped me figure out what needs to be improved so next time it will be at least 20% cooler!

Teams:

Burbinator
MikeLemmer
FinalMystery
EternalLunarian
ach003

ugnis13
berrywhite69
Malisk137
Antidakoda
Corvellus

The Djinn
KurbyFX
cetzlaus
Zummi
Svi Generis

Travigaler
Fyren Kashari
gamecats
Rhaeon
Chococrisp

rajuncajun
brūtal
Bob6739
Bellum Letale
Minandreas

DJBok
Byeyun
Harahune
Jean Chretien
Chewbakha

Eggtart Chow
Zeig Blazewind
Taffy 3
Raitatsu
R33P3r133

Anthill12790
Bloofyre
Mustache Mike
Panda of War
Jarrk

If team captain are unable to contact a member of their team by Tuesday evening, please inform me and we will put and alternate on the team. In addition, if someone does not show on the day of the tournament, They will be replaced from the list below.

Alternates:
Deftblades
Vahina
FInalMystery

Finally, my thanks to everyone that has signed up or given their support for this. I wish we could get everyone into the game, but with the size of the response I expect future tournaments to be bigger and better. Looking forward to seeing the results from this tourney and hope everyone has fun.

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2011

I believe you mean *May* 13th.

I'll sign up to be an alternate .

The Djinn

05-01-2011

Signing up NOW. TheDjinn, level 30 Mentor.

Let's to this.

R66Y

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniOmega View Post
I believe you mean *May* 13th.

I'll sign up to be an alternate .
That's what it says :P

Riot Reinboom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
Mentors may sign up to lead a team until 5 pm EST Wed. April 4th. !
I don't think this is correct.

I would like to sign up as a mentor. Level 30.

Burbinator

05-01-2011

Count me in.

JMDrum

05-01-2011

how do I get in on this?

pen0r

05-02-2011

sounds fun there should be more things like this

Zummi

05-02-2011

You guys know me, lets do this.

1234511 ... 21