failed to launch RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OutlawMJP

05-10-2011

link had no relivent information

Roädkill

05-10-2011

So u mean the following from the first post in that link isnt relevant?

-initial thread from RIOT- http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=714338

-or solutions-

1. Download ]http://?????.riotgames.com/releases/...ser_kernel.exe[
2. Replace <install directory>/RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe with this file.
3. Try launching it again

Or this from page 11:

I GOT IT!
I had the RADS error but then you go to the league of legends install directory (example: C:\Program Files\Riot Games\League of Legends) and then there is two different launchers there:
lol.launcher.admin
and
lol.launcher
open the lol.launcher.admin and then it should work, well it did for mine!

try my top link first, else there are more than 25 pages here http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=714842 which deal with the 2 types of rads error.

OutlawMJP

05-11-2011

yea. still didnt work after the residual patch this morning.. same thing before the game crash. after character loading screen:
for the character name: "game_character_display name bowmaster" ect.

OutlawMJP

05-11-2011

failed as admin too

OutlawMJP

05-11-2011

bump.

sithseth

05-12-2011

After digging around the log files and some other things, I came to the conclusion that rads_user_kernel.exe didn't know where League of Legends was installed, and decided to look at the directory c:\rads, and tried to launch, or use files from there.

-If you run rads_user_kernel.exe, and c:\rads is created, you're probably in the same boat I'm in.

A quick fix was to just copy and paste the \...\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS directory into the C:\ drive. For most of you, that's C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS (or what ever drive name you installed the game into).

I'm the student-admin for a "Cyber Cafe" at a University, and I'm guessing all this happened because my computers are "frozen" (reverts to old state after reboot), and some sort of registry didn't get "set" right. Still, shouldn't a program look in its relative path for the files it's looking for, or something more "concrete" that's less system dependent?

Oh well... I'll just stick with my quick Patch until I have some time to make a new Windows image....

Sniff Deez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

I have the same problem and that site it refers me to, doesn't work at all

Luhar101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

I had the same problem. Got it FIXED
This is what i did:
- I downloaded the file they give you in the first page (just do it)
- Delete all my .Net frameworks
- restart PC
- downloaded 3.5 .NET Framework (not 4.0)
- play LoL

Luhar101

08-10-2011

I had the same problem. Got it FIXED
This is what i did:
- I downloaded the file they give you in the first page (just do it)
- Delete all my .Net frameworks
- restart PC
- downloaded 3.5 .NET Framework (not 4.0)
- play LoL

slapnlaugh

09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithseth View Post
After digging around the log files and some other things, I came to the conclusion that rads_user_kernel.exe didn't know where League of Legends was installed, and decided to look at the directory c:\rads, and tried to launch, or use files from there.

-If you run rads_user_kernel.exe, and c:\rads is created, you're probably in the same boat I'm in.

A quick fix was to just copy and paste the \...\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS directory into the C:\ drive. For most of you, that's C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS (or what ever drive name you installed the game into).

I'm the student-admin for a "Cyber Cafe" at a University, and I'm guessing all this happened because my computers are "frozen" (reverts to old state after reboot), and some sort of registry didn't get "set" right. Still, shouldn't a program look in its relative path for the files it's looking for, or something more "concrete" that's less system dependent?

Oh well... I'll just stick with my quick Patch until I have some time to make a new Windows image....
this worked! i spent 6 hrs in total trying to fix this. and 8 different things 3 of them downloads to get this fker to work. dude u r god. <3