Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

failed to launch RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Misha

Recruiter

05-10-2011

link had no relivent information

Roädkill

05-10-2011

So u mean the following from the first post in that link isnt relevant?

-initial thread from RIOT- http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=714338 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=714338)

-or solutions-

1. Download ]http://?????.riotgames.com/releases/...ser_kernel.exe[
2. Replace <install directory>/RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe with this file.
3. Try launching it again

Or this from page 11:

I GOT IT!
I had the RADS error but then you go to the league of legends install directory (example: C:\Program Files\Riot Games\League of Legends) and then there is two different launchers there:
lol.launcher.admin
and
lol.launcher
open the lol.launcher.admin and then it should work, well it did for mine!

try my top link first, else there are more than 25 pages here http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=714842 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=714842) which deal with the 2 types of rads error.

Lord Misha

Recruiter

05-11-2011

yea. still didnt work after the residual patch this morning.. same thing before the game crash. after character loading screen:
for the character name: "game_character_display name bowmaster" ect.

Lord Misha

Recruiter

05-11-2011

failed as admin too

Lord Misha

Recruiter

05-11-2011

bump.

sithseth

05-12-2011

After digging around the log files and some other things, I came to the conclusion that rads_user_kernel.exe didn't know where League of Legends was installed, and decided to look at the directory c:\rads, and tried to launch, or use files from there.

-If you run rads_user_kernel.exe, and c:\rads is created, you're probably in the same boat I'm in.

A quick fix was to just copy and paste the \...\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS directory into the C:\ drive. For most of you, that's C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS (or what ever drive name you installed the game into).

I'm the student-admin for a "Cyber Cafe" at a University, and I'm guessing all this happened because my computers are "frozen" (reverts to old state after reboot), and some sort of registry didn't get "set" right. Still, shouldn't a program look in its relative path for the files it's looking for, or something more "concrete" that's less system dependent?

Oh well... I'll just stick with my quick Patch until I have some time to make a new Windows image....

Sniff Deez

05-13-2011

I have the same problem and that site it refers me to, doesn't work at all

Luhar101

08-10-2011

I had the same problem. Got it FIXED
This is what i did:
- I downloaded the file they give you in the first page (just do it)
- Delete all my .Net frameworks
- restart PC
- downloaded 3.5 .NET Framework (not 4.0)
- play LoL

Luhar101

08-10-2011

I had the same problem. Got it FIXED
This is what i did:
- I downloaded the file they give you in the first page (just do it)
- Delete all my .Net frameworks
- restart PC
- downloaded 3.5 .NET Framework (not 4.0)
- play LoL

slapnlaugh

09-07-2011

Quote:
sithseth:
After digging around the log files and some other things, I came to the conclusion that rads_user_kernel.exe didn't know where League of Legends was installed, and decided to look at the directory c:\rads, and tried to launch, or use files from there.

-If you run rads_user_kernel.exe, and c:\rads is created, you're probably in the same boat I'm in.

A quick fix was to just copy and paste the \...\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS directory into the C:\ drive. For most of you, that's C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS (or what ever drive name you installed the game into).

I'm the student-admin for a "Cyber Cafe" at a University, and I'm guessing all this happened because my computers are "frozen" (reverts to old state after reboot), and some sort of registry didn't get "set" right. Still, shouldn't a program look in its relative path for the files it's looking for, or something more "concrete" that's less system dependent?

Oh well... I'll just stick with my quick Patch until I have some time to make a new Windows image....

this worked! i spent 6 hrs in total trying to fix this. and 8 different things 3 of them downloads to get this fker to work. dude u r god. <3