[Champion Suggestion] Noesis, Mundunugu of the Khalabishi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katsuni

05-01-2011

NOTICE: Undergoing heavy reconstruction. Feel free to look around at this very old design from the earliest days of the republic! I mean... the forum! Whot yeu see here, is a failed experiment, when I was toying around with resource systems before I fully understood them. This helped in learning whot not to do, and why it doesn't work, but I think I'm now ready to go back and fix this design. As such, keep in mind that anything yeu see here is quite expendable, and subject to change shortly =3

Lore
:

Quote:
While there are few who live beyond the Great Barrier, there are those who still cling to the ancient traditions. Those who remember the old ways. Those who witnessed the ravages of the magi wars first hand. Those who remember the unspeakable powers unleashed, and know better than to let that knowledge fade into obscurity, should it ever be required again one day.

Noesis, is one of these few; her people obliterated in an instant, and her tribal homeland was torn apart, devoured by the Kumungu Jungle which sprang forth from the ground. As the last decendant of the Khalabishi people, and last living Mundunugu, she had fallen into despair.

One dark day, however, she heard the sound of axes and saws. Though she hated the jungle for claiming her birthright, it was all she had left, and upon seeing the Noxian woodcutters stripping it bare, she grew furious.

Though she was ready to unleash a torrential wave of forbidden magics, borne of the spirits of the dead which lay long forgotten, instead, a young huntress managed to dispatch the squad with ease on her own.

At first, irritated at having had her vengeance taken from her, Noesis looked deeper into the girl's heart, and saw her true destiny and purpose.

Even as Nidalee left the borders of the Kumungu Jungle, so, too, did Noesis follow in her wake, realizing that it was time to bring the old ways back. It was time to reclaim her homeland, and show the League what a true servant of the spirits was capable of.
Appearance:
Quote:
An abnormally tall, lithe woman, with obsidian black skin, pure, glossy black with a snow white specular highlight under intense light.
Upon her face is painted in white, a skull upon the right half, and crimson runes into the left half.
Her right eye glows a gentle white, but has no visible eyeball within the socket.
Her body is adorned with gold loops, further painting depicting bones and a skeletal structure, and a great deal of jewelery.
Purpose:
Quote:
Noesis is designed to be a potent support caster, with a mixture of healing and damage spells, who gets stronger in a larger fight. As a farmer, she's a little more limited, but not helpless.
She is also built in with an enhanced dependance upon positioning, both herself, and her enemies.

- Sacrifices her own life to heal allies
- Drains health from enemies to heal herself back
- Immense damage if enemies are poorly positioned in a team fight
- Able to strengthen allies and weaken enemies, shifting the tide of a fight, either by buffing/debuffing, or through adjusting positioning of the fight to more favourable locations, such as away from a tower.

Stats
:
Quote:

Damage 62 (+3.12 / per level)
Attack Speed 0.625 (+2.2% per level)
Health 375 (+85 / per level)
Move Speed 315
Armor 17 (+3.0 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+1.25 / per level)
Health Regen 0 (+0 / per level) - This is intentional
Mana N/A
Resource system: Affinity

Quote:
Each ability either increases or decreases her affinity.
Using light based abilities will reduce her affinity, and dark based abilities will increase her affinity
Her affinity is shown in place of her mana bar, ranging from -50 to +50
She does not have mana, instead, she must regulate her spells by alternating their use or they grow too weak to be of use. She also uses her own health as a secondary source of spam limitation.
Abilities:
Quote:
Passive:
Quote:
Spiritual Attunement: When in positive attunement, her light abilities grow stronger by 1% per point over 0, but her dark abilities are weakened by 1% per point over 0. In negative attunement, her dark abilities grow stronger by 1% per point under 0, and her light abilities are weakened by 1% per point under 0.

Q: Pillar of Light

Quote:
Pillar of Light drains her own health, pouring her vital energies into a beam of light which heals allied champions who stand within it. She must channel this effect, and the longer she channels, the faster the transfer occurs. Affinity check is updated each second. Right clicking while channeling does not cause her to move, nor cancel the spell, but instead causes her to rotate in spot, redirecting the beams' flow to a new direction.

Range: 950
Width: 250
Turn speed: Up to 60 degrees per second
Duration: Up to 10 seconds, or until cast again to cancel
Target: Straight line beam
Cooldown: 1 second
Life Cost: Equal to the healing value of a single target, this ramps with ability rank and AP. Number of targets actually hit is irrelevant; will cost same amount if no or all allies are hit.

Rank 1: -15 affinity per second - Heals allied champions within the beam for 6 (+0.02) health. This increases by a further 6 (+0.02) per each second channeled.
Rank 2: -15 affinity per second - Heals allied champions within the beam for 12 (+0.02) health. This increases by a further 12 (+0.02) per each second channeled.
Rank 3: -15 affinity per second - Heals allied champions within ithe beam for 18 (+0.02) health. This increases by a further 18 (+0.02) per each second channeled.
Rank 4: -15 affinity per second - Heals allied champions within the beam for 24 (+0.02) health. This increases by a further 24 (+0.02) per each second channeled.
Rank 5: -15 affinity per second - Heals allied champions within the beam for 30 (+0.02) health. This increases by a further 30 (+0.02) per each second channeled.

W: Life Eater Virus

Quote:
Life Eater Virus inflicts the targeted enemy with a debilitating poison, which gradually devours their life, replenishing Noesis's own health in turn. This ability may be used very frequently, and stacks up to 3 times per enemy target, with subsequent uses refreshing the duration. Affinity check uses the most recently cast application. This ability places a small green circular timer over the target's head for Noesis' player, showing how long the debuff has left.

Range: 700
Cooldown: 1 second
Can be cast while moving

Rank 1: +2 affinity - Deals 3 (+0.03) damage per second per stack, lasting 8 seconds. Noesis is healed for 100% of the damage done.
Rank 2: +4 affinity - Deals 6 (+0.03) damage per second per stack, lasting 8 seconds. Noesis is healed for 100% of the damage done.
Rank 3: +6 affinity - Deals 9 (+0.03) damage per second per stack, lasting 8 seconds. Noesis is healed for 100% of the damage done.
Rank 4: +8 affinity - Deals 12 (+0.03) damage per second per stack, lasting 8 seconds. Noesis is healed for 100% of the damage done.
Rank 5: +10 affinity - Deals 15 (+0.03) damage per second per stack, lasting 8 seconds. Noesis is healed for 100% of the damage done.
E: Judgement:
Quote:
Noesis renders judgement upon all targets within an expanding circle of light, allowing the spirits to value their worth. Allies are given bolstered strength, while enemies are crippled while standing within the circle.

Radius: 75
Radius growth: 75 additional per second
Duration: 10 seconds or until canceled by recasting
Cooldown: 16 seconds
Health cost: Burns 7% of Noesis's own maximum life to herself per second.

Rank 1: -5 affinity per second - Increases allies ability power and attack damage by 4% while standing within the radius. Reduces enemy ability power and attack damage by 8% while standing within the radius.
Rank 2: -5 affinity per second - Increases allies ability power and attack damage by 8% while standing within the radius. Reduces enemy ability power and attack damage by 16% while standing within the radius.
Rank 3: -5 affinity per second - Increases allies ability power and attack damage by 12% while standing within the radius. Reduces enemy ability power and attack damage by 24% while standing within the radius.
Rank 4: -5 affinity per second - Increases allies ability power and attack damage by 16% while standing within the radius. Reduces enemy ability power and attack damage by 32% while standing within the radius.
Rank 5: -5 affinity per second - Increases allies ability power and attack damage by 20% while standing within the radius. Reduces enemy ability power and attack damage by 40% while standing within the radius.
R Ultimate: Shadow Burn
Quote:
Shadowburn deals weak initial damage, which bounces to multiple targets, gaining in strength with each additional hit. It can bounce between champions and minions, quickly growing to an immensely powerful blast. Affinity affects only the original base damage when cast; subsequent hits use the value of the previous hit before damage modifiers were factored into said previous hit. There is a 0.25 second delay between arcing hits, with the next target updated based upon targets in range at the current time.

Cooldown: 50/40/30 seconds
Bounce Radius: 500 from previous target
Health Cost: Burns 20% of Noesis's own maximum life to herself upon casting.

Rank 1: +30 affinity - Deals 100 (+0.15) base damage, and increases by 15% per bounce.
Rank 2: +40 affinity - Deals 100 (+0.15) base damage, and increases by 25% per bounce.
Rank 3: +50 affinity - Deals 100 (+0.15) base damage, and increases by 35% per bounce.

Edits
:
Quote:
Pretty much a rework.
- All abilities renamed
- Resource system simplified down to one bar of -50 to +50
- Further emphasis on life cost added to abilities
- Rework of lifegiver creates a moveable beam as the new "pillar of light"; effect remains the same but can now be targeted to hit multiple allies if allies and caster work together. Pillar of Light now has -15 affinity per second. Life cost unchanged.
- Life Eater Virus (bonus points if anyone catches the reference; previous name was lifetaker), now grants additional affinity as rank increases.
- Shadowburn (previously soul burn), moved to ultimate slot. More effective at lower levels, and can now bounce off minions to champions and vice versa. Bounce speed majorly increased to 0.25 seconds, but enemies can now get out of range if they run away, instead of limited to targets chosen at time of casting. Now gives additional affinity as rank increases. Cooldown decreases with rank now.
- NEW SPELL: Judgement - replaces a number of abilities which were used to reposition enemies, into a single, more compacted version.
- Spell timings have been set so that maximum values of light spells can be up to 10 seconds, but life eater virus only a maximum of 8, forcing the player to risk additional damage to maintain a weakened effect.

Special thanks to SnesController and Samus93 (why nintendo peoples!? :O ) for giving some insight to correct some issues, making her easier to understand and more fun to play =3

Snes C

05-02-2011

I highly doubt I'm qualified to give a complete review, but I'll do my best.

First and foremost, the entire concept is waaaay too complicated and unintuitive. I didn't even understand that these were supposed to be two interchangeable movesets until after I had already read the thing over more than once. The idea of swapping between two sets of three attacks already exists in LoL and doesn't need to be brought out again. On top of that, most of these abilities are simple point-and-click spells that cost no mana and force Noesis to use another ability if she ever wants to use it again. I think your entire concept is a little to needlessly complex and cluttered. There's no real flow between the abilities. Okay, so you have one that steals life from enemies and one that gives life to allies. Yet somehow you took that simple, boring idea and bogged it down with extra fluff and technical specifics.

My suggestion is to go pretty much back to basics with this idea. The light/dark resource is interesting. Make the mana bar be half white and half dark to indicate this. It's the same thing you suggested, just more intuitive and easier to read; comparing the length of the white and black sides of the bar is much simpler than comparing the length of two different lines. Make a champion similar to Rumble and Renekton who simply uses an alternate resource without all the enforced spell switching. That I'd be interested in seeing.

Anyway that's my opinion.

Samus93

05-03-2011

hmmmm well this definitely caught my eye, so at least its an interesting design i love the new cost system, really is kinda epic. However ..... I agree with Snes Controller on some points. Due to your passive and cost system swapping between stances is a neccessity not a personal choice. What happens if you need to heal an ally, or want to use Q's partial shield ..... but you have no affinity for that type? what happens is u are forced to use a separate ability, possibly messing up attack chains/team fights, as well as being over-complicated and hard to use in general.

The passive of this champ is pretty cool, just like the cost system, however I'd make it for every 5 infinity the gain/loss is 1%, otherwise abilities will be very unviable at the extremes (this just takes things even further in the wrong direction, especially when combined with the other issues ....) so, the abilities are set out poorly and i cant tell whether they have a massive amount of utility/damage or whether they are just everyday abilities, so i would change the set-up a bit (just a bit more viewer-friendly). And all these suggestion amount to nothing, as my most important suggestion is to take Snes Controller's suggestion and go back to the drawing board. the cost system = awesome. how you've applied it, not so much. the passive = another cool concept, however it is definitely not synergetic with the cost system and the abilities. i know it seems harsh to have to start over again, but you've got a couple of good ideas to build on. just think about how the champion would be played, and whether or not you would enjoy playing with and against him. gl man, im sure you'll work it out

Katsuni

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnesController View Post
I highly doubt I'm qualified to give a complete review, but I'll do my best.

First and foremost, the entire concept is waaaay too complicated and unintuitive. I didn't even understand that these were supposed to be two interchangeable movesets until after I had already read the thing over more than once. The idea of swapping between two sets of three attacks already exists in LoL and doesn't need to be brought out again. On top of that, most of these abilities are simple point-and-click spells that cost no mana and force Noesis to use another ability if she ever wants to use it again. I think your entire concept is a little to needlessly complex and cluttered. There's no real flow between the abilities. Okay, so you have one that steals life from enemies and one that gives life to allies. Yet somehow you took that simple, boring idea and bogged it down with extra fluff and technical specifics.

My suggestion is to go pretty much back to basics with this idea. The light/dark resource is interesting. Make the mana bar be half white and half dark to indicate this. It's the same thing you suggested, just more intuitive and easier to read; comparing the length of the white and black sides of the bar is much simpler than comparing the length of two different lines. Make a champion similar to Rumble and Renekton who simply uses an alternate resource without all the enforced spell switching. That I'd be interested in seeing.

Anyway that's my opinion.
A question perplexing
And also quite vexing
And yet fear yeu not
I'll untie this knot
After this review
She'll be good as new
A remix to her face
And with all due haste
She'll be filled with vim
And made out of win!

...I dunno.

Anyways XD

The points yeu bring up, and those of Samus93, are pretty valid, I must say.

The original idea got a little bit too complex needlessly, and wandered out of the original boundaries that were supposed to be given.

This led to too many abilities, several which don't really fit, which messed up the ultimate, which in turn broke down the resource system into being forced into two bars, since I really did try to cram it into one and it didn't work with the way she was built.

Fortunately, a little outside insight fixes this with ease! The cost system can be easily updated by moving a few spells around and fixing them into 4 main ones instead.

So, thanks for saying so! No one person can see all ends, and sometimes we're blinded simply because we like an idea, no matter how bad it is XD

I'll update her in a few minutes, since I think I know how to fix her =3

alsowikk

05-07-2011

I'm sorry, I tried to understand this champion, but I just cannot wrap my head around her. She seems good and I'll bump the thread in hopes of a more enlightenned mind finding it.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

05-08-2011

I don't get why people say this is hard to understand, I got the main concept on my first read.

Here's what I think.

The affinity thing is really good. I'm stumped Riot haven't thought about this, hell I'm stumped Blizzard haven't thought of this.
The problem I've found is, she gains/loses affinity in a VERY un-even pace.
Her Q charges it very fast, her w needs to be cast constantly to lower it, her E is again very fast to lower it, and her ult gives her a MASSIVE boost.
I know this is your idea, but the way I'd do it is:

Quote:
Have her first 2 abilities be dark/light and give her equal affinity gains/drains.

Have her e, be a NEUTRAL ability, lowering the bar if it's positive, and increasing it if it's negative, and have the spell gain larger bonuses the closer the affinity bar is to 0.(Make it have a long cooldown to prevent spamming it when you're at your default 0 state).

Let her have 2 different versions of her ult, one for when affinity is positive, one for when it's negative.
The ult will give NO bonus to affinity whatsoever.
Hmm... now that I think about it, I might actually do a version of that hero myself some day, probably Inspired by the Masari from Universe at War.

Appearence wise, it's hard to take the design seriously, not that there's anything wrong with it. But the way you describe her it's hard for me not to think of this, and well, yea. **** you, childhood.

The Q spell sounds like a really good heal. I actually made a spell with a similar mechanic on my first hero, Helios. The idea that she stands in the back, healing allies in a line would work very well for a support.
One suggestion I might add is to change the name. "Pillar" suggests something vertical, and since your spell is a beam, it might throw some people off.

Her W is stupidly overpowered. I'm not sure I read this right, but it apparently only has a 1 second cooldown, and costs nothing to cast. Soooo.... what's stopping you from casting it in the laning phase on EVERY minion in the wave, then rushing at your opponent with HOOOOGE health regeneration? Not to mention it's not a good idea to have DOT on a support champion, since you'll steal kills without wanting to. Also, as said earlier,abusing it in the laning phase would mean stealing creep kills from your partner, not a thing a support should be doing.
Seriously this has the lane-pushing potential of Malzahar's E, without any of the drawbacks.

Her E, although strong, is kinda easy to dodge in my opinion. Unless you have a CC heavy team, what's stopping you from just, getting out of the way? ESPECIALLY when the radius is so initially small. Hell, it's easy to dodge Maokai's ult, and look how large the radius for that is.

As for her ult, you didn't specify how many times it can bounce. If it's infinite, then it's pretty much instant faceroll when you cast it in a teamfight.
Now this is a personal opinion, but i DESPISE chain-lightning type attacks, and hate Brand for having one as his ult. They're too unpredictable , and have a lot of luck factoring in what they hit. Here it's even worse since it gains damage per bounce. So your last 800 damage bounce could be wasted on a caster minion.
Luck based abilities are NOT fun.
Also, having the ult give such a massive burst of affinity will throw your combo off.

Wrapping this up....
Overall one of the most impressive ideas I've seen so far, and I especially like the new affinity system, and the beam-heal, but her other 3 spells kinda need a second look.

Cheers.

NickPham

05-16-2011

I've officially spent an entire hour reading and responding to your 4 posts.

This champion is far below your other two. Sorry :-/. It is interesting enough, but the best way to sum up why I don't like it is simple:

UNSATISFYING to play and to play against.

Her 3rd is highly demoralizing to play against, but will be under appreciated by your own team. Heals are kind of passive to begin with, and your leech nuke is Vlad level irritation (complete with no mana as a limiter). At the same time, DoT is the most unsatisfying thing in the world. No one keeps track of how much damage singed is dealing with poison trail in major fights, what is satisfying is doing baller suicide tosses to isolate a champ for instant death.

Katsuni

05-16-2011

Eh, it was a neat idea, but it kinda failed XD

I was actually trying to overly simplify a previous champion concept which had gotten too far out of hand. This completely new one, based vaguely on the same premise, didn't work out too well.

Happens, noone gets it all right every time sadly.

All yeu can do is learn from yeur mistakes and try to figure out why it didn't work so it doesn't happen again XD

Samus93

05-31-2011

i think its kinda sad, i really did liek the whole light/dark affinity thing. Oh well, gl with your other champs man

ToastedSanga

05-31-2011

Quote:
The affinity thing is really good. I'm stumped Riot haven't thought about this, hell I'm stumped Blizzard haven't thought of this.
Um yes blizzard have in a way, the druid abilities where each time you cast a eclipse spell your lunar bar
increases and once lunar is at full you lunar spells are magnified and casting those depletes your lunar
and raises your eclipse.