Updating/patching issues.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painapple

08-25-2009

Hi,

Everything seems to work fine up until after the second 'restart' of the patcher. I've read through some threads here, and I saw it's suppose to restart and update about seven times. For me, it only does that twice, and after the second, it simply doesn't restart. I don't get any error messages, no 'stuck-in-downloading', no nothing. It simply wont patch more than twice.

If I try to start the updater up again, the window comes up for about 2-3 seconds before closing down again. The only activity in the update window is the 'Retrieving update information...' and when it has found what it wants to update, it shuts down with no error or explanation.

I've tried to repair/reinstall/restart computer a number of times, though it doesn't seem to work.

After reading a few posts, I noticed a lot of people having problems with Vista/7 and the likes, and I've read through the suggested methods of fixing their issues. I run XP sp2, I've installed the game outside of program files (never have games there anyway) and I've made sure no firewall or any of the likes interrupts the updating.

Any help and/or suggestions would be much appretiated!

Cheers

iPredicted

Adjudicator

08-25-2009

Hi, first of all, send in your error logs linking to this thread, you send them in by pressing start -> programlist -> riot games -> send error logs.

Secondly, there are several known and unknown issues with the patcher, you should reinstall the client if you want to play.

Painapple

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
Hi, first of all, send in your error logs linking to this thread, you send them in by pressing start -> programlist -> riot games -> send error logs.
Thank you, just did it.

Quote:
Secondly, there are several known and unknown issues with the patcher, you should reinstall the client if you want to play.
Sorry, I should've made it clearer in the original post; I've reinstalled the client quite a few times, and I'm having the same issue every time without fail.

Jetski

08-25-2009

^ I'm having the same issue as well. :|

iPredicted

Adjudicator

08-25-2009

Then i do not know, try contacting riot employees in IRC.

iPredicted

Adjudicator

08-25-2009

You could try installing it in another folder.

Jetski

08-25-2009

Done that, still the same >:\
Problem now lies on which side? the game or our computer?

Painapple

08-25-2009

Quote:
You could try installing it in another folder.
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that a bit later, since I have to get some school business done now.

In the mean time, if anyone else has any other suggestions, or perhaps the same problem but more insight in what could be wrong than I do, feel free to post

Beiz

08-25-2009

edit: changed the installation to another harddrive and i got it to run now.

Painapple

08-25-2009

Well, now I've tried to install it (Along with all the other precautions I could think of) on every other partition and HD I have, but I still get the same problem.

Any ideas?

edit: By the way, is there any way to patch the game without using the patching client? Say, downloading the patch stand-alone? Maybe I could bypass my problem that way.