Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Introducing custom skins and sounds for the new PVP.NET patcher!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Mighty Goon Boon

04-29-2011

I pay money for skins so people have to see them, not so somebody can make release furry skins to overwrite mine

Sex King Shaco

04-29-2011

They are only client side and if you don't get down with custom skins well then your just silly good sir =).

ItzWarty

04-29-2011

I don't really use custom skins either, in all honesty. I just wrote the app because a lot of people DO indeed like custom skins. Plus, I had nothing better to do, and this was a nice break from nonstop web development.

Riot neither supports or opposes the use of custom skins. Some people enjoy using custom skins. I can easily write a program to re-allow custom skins. Why not?

I admit to being obsessed with Riot's skins, I mean I learned olaf just so i could get Brolaf, and once again, I don't use custom skins.

Quote:
fuffychan:
Can you write this in English please?

As with most programs without a front end GUI, this isn't really easy to explain without using technical terms. I tried to speak "English-English". If you have any questions or need clarifications, feel free to post a reply.

Shadohand

04-29-2011

This completes me.

Kenny Senpai

04-29-2011

Quote:
The Mighty Goon Boon:
I pay money for skins so people have to see them, not so somebody can make release furry skins to overwrite mine

I'm sorry that you don't like custom skins, but people work hard on making them.

You may not like it cause you PAY TO GET SKINS, well I do too, but sometimes I wanna use a skin someone else created because it's nice.

He spent a lot of time and work on this, at least give him some constructive criticism.

ItzWarty

04-29-2011

Feel free to extend upon the given binaries. It shouldn't be too hard to write a GUI for it.

Shadohand

04-29-2011

Quote:
The Mighty Goon Boon:

I use custom skins to make some of the FREE default ones more bearable... like Eve's hot pink *shudder*

Plus, It's just plain fun to recolor them sometimes.

Sex King Shaco

04-29-2011

Well deserved bump. I'm sure this will catch on once the process becomes easier to others.

omnishaz

04-29-2011

Took me quite a while to get in there and do that. I should have just waited...lol
Gj Cap'n.
You're much less lazy than me.

Kenny Senpai

04-29-2011

Good job in this Warturtle. :')