choosing champ! (not asking for the best)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silthers

05-01-2011

Hey guys ill try to make it short

Basically I want to main a badass champ! I have been using tryndamere (lol) with some success and a lot of failure and Basically I want to do more for my team, while every champ I look into seems to not make it to high elo or is just a bad champ

basically wanting a serious male toon (I just can't enjoy a female character)
ive looked at trynda, olaf, mordekaiser, udyr, and some others but those seem to be the most alluring. udyr i have heard such mixed things about its hard to go spend IP on him. I really wish trynda wasnt so lame early game though, if things work out for you though, they REALLY work out later. but basically I either get STOMPED the whole game and lose, or I am on a roll and the team surrenders at 20

give me some hope! I dont need the champion that is the cheapest, or that is the best ganker or anything like that, I just want to be badass like tryndamere.. but be good for the team.. unlike tryndamere

Wonexwo

05-01-2011

Taric.

Etherimp

05-01-2011

Sounds like you want an melee AD carry.

Mordekaiser isn't really AD, and he has no CC other than through items he can purchase. He's intimidating, but I don't feel he's your style.

Udyr, as I understand it, ends up jungling at higher Elo. I'm not sure if he's a tier 1 champ or not but if you don't like jungling then he probably won't be for you.

Tryndamere is okay once you get accustomed to his abilities and his build but he obviously suffers from certain limitations... However, in 3v3 he's incredibly frustrating to play against as he's almost impossible to kill after level 6 unless the person playing him is an incredible noob.

I would suggest you try to play Xin Zhao, Garen, Jarvin, Jax, and Warwick. Then decide which you like best. (Assuming the melee style is what suits you.)

Silthers

05-01-2011

does taric ever get any kills? I have played as him this week a time or two and he does support very well, but from the way i have been playing him its very boring. you kind of just are the carrys b*tch and sort of set them up for everything and heal them up and then they get all the credit

Etherimp

05-01-2011

If he's getting kills you're playing him wrong or the opposing team is stupid.

So, no.. Great support character but probably not your style.

Silthers

05-01-2011

hey etherimp you pretty much hit the nail on the head, I like jungling but only in between laning, AD carry is right

warwick looks dumb so I probably wont even try him (i know its very childish).

from that list I have looked into jax and xin zhao and jax looks pretty awesome, I have played as garen, and maybe its the bracket im in but I have honestly never seen a garen played well

Silthers

05-01-2011

sorry for double post, forgot to mention that I love tryndas getting through walls and its so helpful for getting in and out (spinning slash) I only ever take rank one until the very last option is rank 2, I dont even attack with it :P

Etherimp

05-01-2011

Both of those are probably good choices for you. Played well, Jax and Xin Zhao both can be very frustrating to play against. That said, both of them are played quite a bit by a large percentage of the community so you may have trouble with team comps from time to time. Too many AD melee characters on a single team are at a severe disadvantage against a balanced team who understands how to counter-build.

I'm not attempting to discourage you from trying them... Only saying that you should probably get good with a champions with a variety of different roles. ie- Tank, Support, Melee DPS, AP Carry, AD Carry, Jungler, etc.

Personally, I started with Anivia, then Mordekaiser, then picked up Karma, Galio, and Evelynn. Have yet to play Evelynn, but with a variety of different characters and roles I can easily adapt to what my team 'needs' me to play, and if we play Ranked matches I know I'll always have a character to fall back on if one of mine gets banned.

Silthers

05-01-2011

Is there a reason in particular you wouldnt reccomend mordekaiser? the fact the tryndamere can be played in 3v3 is enough to keep me happy I guess, jaravan seems like a copy of tryndamere, but less useful because his version of spinning slash uses 2 abilities and extra time, and you have to plan far ahead of time with him for setting up his attacks

Etherimp

05-01-2011

I like Mordekaiser, but my impression of your "style" is that of an AD melee champ.. Mordekaiser is more of a Melee caster with tanky DPS tendancies late-game. He lacks CC, is squishy early on, and his melee attacks are unimpressive without building AD (which you would not do with the exception of getting LichBane/Hextech gunblade in late game... but again, he's a hybrid.)