How do you become a summoner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeriouS FoX

04-29-2011

So I've read tons and tons of things about all the champions including backgrounds, speculations, anything I can find. But I don't read that much about summoners, whether because I haven't really paid attention to it or if it doesn't exist.

I've always been curious as to how one becomes a summoner. Does one go to some kind of school or learning institute to become one, or is some kind of natural talent that they are born with? How do summoners know or learn to do what they do and develop some kind of bond with the champions they are summoning?

I'm really curious about this because I feel like I may have completely overlooked this part in my information gathering.

RB28

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

You download the app then play the game. There you go summoner.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

How to become a summoner:

1) Go to the League of Legends site

2) Make an account

3) Download the game and play

Zhanael

04-29-2011

hurrdurr non-RPers.

As near as I can tell, the only one to really hint that there's any sort of school or whatever is in Lee Sin's background. He was going to be a summoner, and was very **** good at it, before he attempted--and failed--a summoning, which led to his becoming the monk he is now.

That, however, is about all we have to go on atm. =\

Vice Emargo

04-29-2011

The Institute of War, I can answer your question in my new upcoming story, "Into the Darkness", read the intro thread

Sekara

04-30-2011

As far as i know, the power of a summoner is give by magic and in order to be able to use the champions and the league, you have to ask at the institution of war. They probably have a huge list of all existing summoners around Runeterra.

DaWugui

04-30-2011

You go to school. Maybe there's a Demacia University somewhere and it's a major you can take, along with business and biology.

gcook725

04-30-2011

Lots and lots of magical skill and study. Lee Sin was in training to become a summoner before a "tragic event" happened because of his impatience. Apparently, it takes a lot of schoolin' to become a summoner. Read his background and you can kind of get a itsie-bitsie glimpse into what Lee Sin was doing to become a summoner.

Irongrinder

05-01-2011

The Institute of War is usually where people with magical potential go to refine their abilities.

Ionia is where they go when they get impatient and wipe out a village of innocents miles away in an accident.

SethCypher

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB28 View Post
You download the app then play the game. There you go summoner.
Quote:
How to become a summoner:

1) Go to the League of Legends site

2) Make an account

3) Download the game and play
I've got extra light bulbs if you guys need any.