Why is Mordekaiser so OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ez0 Prush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Here, I'll put it here too...

Lol….definitely not OP. A little advice. There’s one thing you have to do to beat a Morde. It’s simple….and very effective (I beat him with Janna 1v1…and I was 2 levels higher. Come on, not OP). Keep him away from minions. That’s it. Early game, do not auto push. Let the minions fight, and when one of them is about to go, auto attack it for the last hit. Every time he moves up, you harass him before he can get his abilities off. Losing hp from you, and more from his abilities, soon enough he will no longer be able to push you and will either be denied, or forced to go back making you +1 lvl on him. If he is building tank, you really should not have a problem with him and he is ignorable
If you are unable to harass him and keep him at bay in lane, you should switch lanes with someone who can. I love going against Morde. They always think they are so tough. The fact is..early game they are on long cd’s and just as squishy as anyone else. Deny him early and he will be no threat later.

Ez0 Prush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLHx1 View Post
WTF DOES MORDES ABILITYES COST? OH YEA NOTHING. SPAM SPAM SPAM I CANT DIE, MAGIC RESIST, I CANT DIE SPAM SPAM.. oh ****.. i almost died 3v1 i better go back.
His abilities cost HP, meaning If you have a ranged, he is easy mode. Caitlyn is a prime example . Caitlyn puts Morde in his place easily. When he comes up to the minions, before he gets off any abilities you need to be hitting him once or twice. Not only does he lose that hp because he didn’t get his shield in time, he loses the hp it cost to use it. You have to stop his farm early, because once he gets either Force of Nature, or Gunblade, he will become much harder to kill. Both are expensive items. If you can keep him from farming (which is painfully easy with half the champs in the game), by the time he gets one of them, you will be team fighting and he will be a breeze due to lack of farm/items. If you are playing solo queue and you are the range on your team, you need to be in his lane. Don’t trust your team to take care of him early. They will probably let him farm away. You of all people know how bad a lot players are. Don’t trust them to shut him down.
I know you play mages a lot, but honestly, a ranged physical carry is the best opponent to beat a Morde with early. I’ve gone against him with Brand a few times, and I found him pretty easy to deal with. Especially If you have Golem buff (or Clarity in your case).

Another thing...if you're low health. go back! I see it a lot...and you are useless in a lane of a farming Morde if you're low health and ducking under the turret. He will get you with Ult/Ignite). One reason why Teleport is better than Clarity. Health/Mana refill (to 100%) and map presence.

Trickbaby

04-29-2011

never had a problem with morde... as a REAL tank, i just knock him out of the fight and carry on about my business.

iOption

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLHx1 View Post
So are we gonna start saying mordekaiser is a mage/tank? or will we keep in as a MELEE champ? even though all his abilities are NOT MELEE... omg xcept 1...

Thats like calling Yi a tank or a mage...

WHAT MELEE CHARACTERS ARE ALLOWED TO GO AP AND BE REDICULOUS?

MORDEKAISER = SION... BUT ATLEAST SION HAS MANA...

WTF DOES MORDES ABILITYES COST? OH YEA NOTHING. SPAM SPAM SPAM I CANT DIE, MAGIC RESIST, I CANT DIE SPAM SPAM.. oh ****.. i almost died 3v1 i better go back.
Mordekaiser is no where near SION... Sion 1 has a stun.. Morde has NO CC.

Morde's counter is CC. You CC morde he is not on the map..

psymunn

04-29-2011

morde has no escapes. no cc. if you find him hard, you must hate fighting against cho'goth. and if mana's an issue, you're going to love rumble

6Hell6Saint6

04-29-2011

just build magic resist and morde wont do any damage on you. Then you ignore him o/

Oh, and the roles that RIOT put on the characters are just a few of the roles that the champion can really build.

Purona

04-29-2011

morde is extremely powerful since most mordes only build

thorn mail
rylais
sorcerers shoes
force of nature
warmog
sun fire cape

comeing out too

4100 HP
253 armor=effective health against physical attacks is above 13k
158 magic resist=effective health against magic is above 9500
with creeping wave on

melee does 600 damage per 5
with a Q doing 346 every 4 seconds not to mention its aoe
with a E doing 273 every 6 seconds which is also an aoe
and then his R giving him 20 percent of the opposing enemies AD AP
and taking out a total of 37.2 percent of their health for 10 seconds with a massive slow from rylais

the numbers are just staggering god forbid morde has runes exhaust and ghost

he will out last you before you can even get him down

Evannf

04-29-2011

Prush has some great advice. A farmed Mord is a happy Mord. I'm sure everyone has had a match where, come end game, the enemy Mord is basically invincible. He most likely became ultra powerful due to dominating the solo lane.

One match, as Nasus, I was soloing top against a Mord. As soon as I saw I was laning against Mord I became very frustrated because I had always pictured Mord as being OP. The strategy I used in this match worked very well. Basically, I just pushed as hard as I could. Focusing Spirit Fire and also last hitting as much as possible. I was able to out push Mord which ultimately caused his turret to steal his minion kills. I'm sure even really good LoL players find it difficult to cooperate with your turret to get last hits. By the end of the laning phase I had more minion kills than Mord, and he was more than manageable throughout the rest of the game.

I've used this strategy of pushing as hard as possible in several other games so the enemy turret steals minion kills, and it has worked really well. I've used it in all three lanes and it has proven to be successful.

Ez0 Prush

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evannf View Post
I've used this strategy of pushing as hard as possible in several other games so the enemy turret steals minion kills, and it has worked really well. I've used it in all three lanes and it has proven to be successful.
If they have a jungler (and especially if you are solo) you want to be careful doing this. I wouldn't recommend pushing hard unless they don't have a jungle and you can see everyone on the minimap. If you are solo and you are about to go back to buy, by all means push hard and get him under his turret so he can't farm as much. By the time you make it back the minions will be back in the middle and you can continue to deny.
Remember...if they have a competent jungler, you may end up giving Morde or their jungle a kill or 2 if you're pushed under his turret. If anything though, you can put a few wards up around his turret and the bushes by yours. I would strongly recommend you put them about halfway down the river (and not in the river bush) that way you have a longer warning and enough time to escape a gank.

Evannf

04-29-2011

Yes, you're right. As Nasus I was able to just lay down a Spirit Fire and then run far enough back where I was safe. Putting a ward in the river bush is pretty traditional, but you're definitely right that placing it more down the river is a better location.